Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

with Bran's vision of the Mad King saying that in today's episode maybe you're not far off. Makes sense

Just watched it and was so gassed that happened in the first few minutes. Repeating burn them all and even showing a flashback. Bran might accidently show the Mad king White walkers or something.

Ten minutes into this episode and its gearing up for something horrible to happen to Samwell and/or family.

The back stage scene was a horrible case of self-aware cameos, but otherwise that episode was a much needed breather and catch up.

Edited by Savage Henry

It is my hopes that Queen Margery is playing the High Sparrow and Tommen like a damn fiddle to get her and Lancel out safely. And Tommen is an idiot for letting both margery and the High Sparrow play him

I don't think Margery is serious in her contrition. We haven't seen her change, the last we saw of her, IIRC, was her imploring her brother to stay strong and not to break. I think she'll have the Hugh Sparrow fitted up for exploiting his position and have his head for it, giving Tommen and Maergery the throne and the love of the common people for their piety.

Fairly uneventful, not sure what the whole point of that last scene was. Other than the fact Drogon's back, why did she decide she had to ride off and get him? Just seemed a bit of a forced scenario to have him back in it.

Agree with the theory on Bran & the Mad King. Glad the book spoilers posted last week have already been surpassed with Benjen.

Why are Jaime & Cersei completely unfussed by the Sandsnakes? Surely instead of taking Riverrun they'd rather take back Dorne?

Re: the contrast. I always make sure I watch it in the dark - blinds shut and lights off. I watched episode 2 back again in the daylight earlier in the season and struggled with a lot of it (the bridge scene when Baelon died etc.)

After watching for a second time:

I take it we're expecting the hound to be the mountains opponent at Cersei's trial?

How does Benjen know what Bran has seen and how was he called for?

I'm glad Arya is leaving the house of black and white I was getting really bored of that place/storyline

I can only echo the comments about the Lannisters having no reaction to Dorne and how we've seen nothing of the place since its revolt.

I can see the Jamie, Cersei and Tommon being wiped out this season.

After watching for a second time:

I take it we're expecting the hound to be the mountains opponent at Cersei's trial?

How does Benjen know what Bran has seen and how was he called for?

I'm glad Arya is leaving the house of black and white I was getting really bored of that place/storyline

I can only echo the comments about the Lannisters having no reaction to Dorne and how we've seen nothing of the place since its revolt.

I can see the Jamie, Cersei and Tommon being wiped out this season.

I was expecting the Hound (if indeed he is still alive) to be with the Brotherhood without Banners.

I'm assuming the Three Eyed Raven v1.0 just whispered to Benjen before his demise.

Can only assume Arya will kill the waif then escape back to Westeros ready to join the fold for next season.

I would expect one of the Lannisters to still be on the go when Dany or Jon takes the throne. Unless the High Sparrow takes control that is.

The flashbacks are the best thing about this episode. Totally fed up with Dany and her big rousing speeches. Arya is coming back into her own after some repetitive shite the last couple of seasons, and it was good to see a Benjen 

Coldhands

re-appearance. Tommen's a wee fud.

It was never likely to live up to last week. I think the last 3 or 4 episodes are going to be epic though - the stones are now almost entirely in place, so fingers crossed they can deliver the conclusion this season deserves.

Dorne vs the Riverlands is a pretty easy choice, Dorne is semi independent, small and in internal turmoil. The Tyrells and Stormlands box them in. The Riverlands are very fertile, pretty much border most of the other "kingdoms" and were solidly marked in the Lannister\Baratheon column and its borders are close to Kings Landing. The endgame their should be retaking Riverrun and killing the Blackfish, while their is no real "end game" for Dorne. 

Happy to see Brynden Tully back because is a quality character. 

Coldhands\Benjen is interesting. A little bit "magically appears" but him being missing has been kept alive for a while, often enough that when it happened you can see it was being hinted at. 

Margery is no bodies fool. Tommen on the other hand is hers. 

I was expecting the Hound (if indeed he is still alive) to be with the Brotherhood without Banners.

is.

I'm sure I read something on here about a graveyard, that made me think religion and possibly sparrows but I'm probably well off with that.

I'm sure I read something on here about a graveyard, that made me think religion and possibly sparrows but I'm probably well off with that.

You're not but won't go into details as can't do spoilers on my phone. The title of the next episode is a quote from the relevant part of the book