Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

What pissed me off about the Tarley dinner last night was they might as well have had a neon sign flashing above the sword shouting "Valerian steel, important!!" So Sam going and studying and finding out the importance of Valerian steel in the wars to come makes sense.

I was half asleep when I watched ep 7 preview but are the ironborn in the free cities?

Samwell is merely an emotive tool. They could go sad or heartwarming with him.

They mayble borrowed Littlefinger's Tardis.

The speculation and theories online are getting a bit tiresome as I said last week, even though I can be bad for it myself. But mine haven't been googled and studied on wiki pages like I think a lot of folk have done on here, at work, in the pub, just about everywhere in fact.

I am listening to the books again at the moment, nearly finished A Clash of Kings and there is lots going on that far back that is totally relevant to the current series that I didn't really pick up when I read it, obviously.

The thing is, what would we all talk about if we didn't speculate. I mean, I have my my own opinion of things I think might happen, but they are probably way off the mark.

Obviously it's all speculation as we're past the books now, but coming in and posting 'Oh, I think we're going to see this character based on the preview for next week' is clearly a step above just taking guesses at where storylines might go, as is discussing well-established fan theories and presenting the evidence for them when several people won't have a clue.

Guessing where a character's arc will go is fair game, explicitly referring to a preview of an upcoming episode when some people purposefully avoid previews so they don't have a clue what's going to happen is a bit shit. Same goes for mentioning fan theories like

R+L=J, the Gravedigger

or confirmed things in the book we haven't seen in the show like

Coldhands/Benjen or LSH

when loads of people wouldn't have the slightest clue about these things were it not for posts giving them away.

Edited by Dunning1874

Pretty sure Sam has a fair idea of the need for the sword. He may well have planned that all along, but I doubt it.

Would imagine him and Jon worked out that Jon was able to kill one with his blade and made the connection

On the one hand, it's not like Sam to be so manipulative, on the other hand, he's way too smart not to have figured out that his family sword is one of only a few weapons south of the wall that's of any use against the Others.

This hasn't happened in the books (yet) so just speculating but I suspect Sam might be a bit more calculating about it in the books and the TV show just turned it into a bit of a hammy, 'I'll never leave you again oh and I'll take the sword while I'm at it' situation.

Cannot wait to see the Arya vs Waif showdown. I'm assuming Arya wins as the whole Braavos plot line will have been for nothing otherwise but surely Jaqen won't let Arya get away in the end?

Edited by Gordon EF

Cannot wait to see the Arya vs Waif showdown. I'm assuming Arya wins as the whole Braavos plot line will have been for nothing otherwise but surely Jaqen won't let Arya get away in the end?

Maybe killing the Waif is her final test?

The "Prince That Was Promised"

Nah, no way is GoT's version of Neville Longbottom that.

It doesn't look good for Arya - even if she kills the Waif, she'll have the rest of the Faceless after her thereafter until they kill her. She may as well go & live north of the wall & become a full time spoon whittler. Unless she goes back & fulfils the contract - which would make the Waif look a liar to Jaqen & the others, & finish the actress who made it since Arya publicly warned the entire mummer troupe what was going on: two birds, one stone.

It could be though the mummers are involved with the Faceless, after all, a very good way of travelling around the place without being held in suspicion like most other strangers wandering into any part of Westeros or Essos, & this was all indeed a test with no danger of anyone being killed (it's stretching belief that a travelling minor actress would have the money to afford a Faceless contract), but a test for the Waif as much as Arya.

It is against the Faceless Ones code to kill for personal gain, anger or hate: & it's pretty clear that the Waif wants to kill Arya because she's a giant chip on her shoulder over her for reasons unexplained. Jaqun tells her "don't let her suffer", but it's pretty clear the odious little shit intends doing just that - possibility for Arya to get rescued at the last moment by Jaqun realising they'd be just as much well rid of the Waif too, but realising she's too dangerous to be allowed back into circulation, unlike a mere failed trainee.

Of course, if there's ever a moment for the Hound to reappear... unlikely, but all bets are off on what's going on with GoT right now.

Nah, no way is GoT's version of Neville Longbottom that.

It doesn't look good for Arya - even if she kills the Waif, she'll have the rest of the Faceless after her thereafter until they kill her. She may as well go & live north of the wall & become a full time spoon whittler. Unless she goes back & fulfils the contract - which would make the Waif look a liar to Jaqen & the others, & finish the actress who made it since Arya publicly warned the entire mummer troupe what was going on: two birds, one stone.

I was actually thinking that Arya had planned telling the actress the entire time, setting up the expectation that someone else wanted her dead so that she could get away with the actual murder without drawing any suspicion to herself. But then i realised that the faceless ones and Jaqen in particular thrive on commiting murders completely from the shadows without ever bringing any attention to themselves or even any knowledge that they were remotely involved.

I agree with the above that this is as much a test for Waif on how trustworthy she actually is and how competent she is as a killer as it was a test for Arya.

I used to be quite excited by the Faceless Men storyline. Its beyond tedious now though.

Same with Dany. Every season she finds herself a captive, wins herself an army, has some "memorable" scene involving her in front of a large group of folk before we see one of the dragons and she fires out some "inspiring" speech. The fact shes clearly not dying makes it worse.

The High Sparrow annoys the shit out of me too, while Jamie and Cersei are little more than plot fillers now. Shame as Jamie in particular has shown he could be more than that. Tommens a fucking goner soon too hopefully.

Wouldve been excited by the Benjen reveal if folk hadnt been forcing it upon me for the past week.

I was actually thinking that Arya had planned telling the actress the entire time, setting up the expectation that someone else wanted her dead so that she could get away with the actual murder without drawing any suspicion to herself. But then i realised that the faceless ones and Jaqen in particular thrive on commiting murders completely from the shadows without ever bringing any attention to themselves or even any knowledge that they were remotely involved.

I agree with the above that this is as much a test for Waif on how trustworthy she actually is and how competent she is as a killer as it was a test for Arya.

What if Waif is Arya's real target? And she was given a target that Jaqen knew she would not be able to kill so he could then send Waif to kill Arya so Arya could then kill Waif

I am really liking Meera, she has been selfless, but a warrior for her brother and now Bran, without question, and didnt leave him. She is Breanne of north of the wall fighting things so unwordly with so little. a really great character that will die most likely, was amazed it wasn't this episode.

I am really liking Meera, she has been selfless, but a warrior for her brother and now Bran, without question, and didnt leave him. She is Breanne of north of the wall fighting things so unwordly with so little. a really great character that will die most likely, was amazed it wasn't this episode.

Hiya Meera's mum, hiya pal

Same with Dany. Every season she finds herself a captive, wins herself an army, has some "memorable" scene involving her in front of a large group of folk before we see one of the dragons and she fires out some "inspiring" speech. The fact shes clearly not dying makes it worse.

You forgot about getting her tits oot. That is a very crucial part to the entire story.