Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Not only am I glad that Ayra's time in Braavos is done due to it being a plodding storyline, but also glad as utterly bored of the faceless men talking in riddles chat. Never dug her time in Braavos whatsoever.

I'll spoiler this but it's just speculation about Arya and her time in Braavos

Read a theory online that this was Jaqen's plan all along. To remind and emphasise that she was Arya Stark of Winterfell and not a girl with no name.

I'll spoiler this but it's just speculation about Arya and her time in Braavos

Read a theory online that this was Jaqen's plan all along. To remind and emphasise that she was Arya Stark of Winterfell and not a girl with no name.

It could also be that the Faceless have members in open sight amongst the great and good. After all, there is no cover quite like a familiar face that no one would ever suspect of holding other allegiances - look at the chaos the Sons of the Harpy have caused in Meereen in a city guarded by the elite Unsullied.

Jaqen realised from the moment he met Arya that for all her toughness, for all what Tywin Lannister (who must have suspected who she was, yet for reasons he took to the grave said nothing) called her being too clever for her own good, her lifespan was on borrowed time unless she was trained properly to defend herself against threats, to know when to kill, and most important of all to know when to walk away or hide in plain sight to await events.

So long as the Starks are exiled from Winterfell and held as being in rebellion to the crown, Arya remains in constant danger. Jaqen (and to be fair the Waif) 's training should keep her alive until better times; & perhaps prove more than useful in the events yet to come.

It will be interesting if she and the Hound meet up again. Both have gone through epithanies - one realising later that the Hound's life was not hers to take (and perhaps not the others on her list), and the latter appreciating that she didn't (although probably still pissed she nicked his money!).

Both have been motivated by grief and hate (the Hound for his face and life, Arya for her family and friends) into a ceaseless desire for revenge against everyone and everything that's ever crossed them. Both have now learned the hard way that they must have long-term focus & purpose, or be nothing more than more of the "broken men" littering Westeros surviving merely to exist from day to day until a blade or disease puts them out of their misery. Where that leads them to next will be worth seeing.

Edited by WaffenThinMint

Another thing that disappointed me a book reader this week:

In A Feast for Crows, when Jamie is talking Edmure into surrendering Riverrun, he cleans him up, gives him a nice meal, and brings in a musician (who, unknown to anyone, is actually Tom O'Sevens of Brotherhood fame) and gets him to play Rains of Castamere as he tells him that he will tear down Riverrun brick by brick, kill everyone inside and put his baby in a catapult. It's a big moment for Jamie's character in the book, and much more about showing that he really is a Lannister and his father's son than wanting to get back to Cercei (who he's mad at for fucking Lancel and Osmund Kettleback and probably Moon Boy). It's still a good scene, but the detail of the music was the thing that really stood out in the book. Brutal.

It could also be that the Faceless have members in open sight amongst the great and good. After all, there is no cover quite like a familiar face that no one would ever suspect of holding other allegiances - look at the chaos the Sons of the Harpy have caused in Meereen in a city guarded by the elite Unsullied.

Jaqen realised from the moment he met Arya that for all her toughness, for all what Tywin Lannister (who must have suspected who she was, yet for reasons he took to the grave said nothing) called her being too clever for her own good, her lifespan was on borrowed time unless she was trained properly to defend herself against threats, to know when to kill, and most important of all to know when to walk away or hide in plain sight to await events.

So long as the Starks are exiled from Winterfell and held as being in rebellion to the crown, Arya remains in constant danger. Jaqen (and to be fair the Waif) 's training should keep her alive until better times; & perhaps prove more than useful in the events yet to come.

It will be interesting if she and the Hound meet up again. Both have gone through epithanies - one realising later that the Hound's life was not hers to take (and perhaps not the others on her list), and the latter appreciating that she didn't (although probably still pissed she nicked his money!).

Both have been motivated by grief and hate (the Hound for his face and life, Arya for her family and friends) into a ceaseless desire for revenge against everyone and everything that's ever crossed them. Both have now learned the hard way that they must have long-term focus & purpose, or be nothing more than more of the "broken men" littering Westeros surviving merely to exist from day to day until a blade or disease puts them out of their misery. Where that leads them to next will be worth seeing.

I'm loving your posts man but you have a fucking unbelievable memory. I wasn't even aware I'd forgotten half the shit you are putting forward. Nice one. 

I'm quite certain that Tywin has no inkling whatsoever that it was Arya. He seems to suspect something about her, but if he had any thoughts that she was Arya Stark then he would have done something about it. She would have been incredibly valuable to him.

I do think it would make sense for Arya and the Hound to cross paths again. They seem to be headed in the same direction anyway.

This has been a place setting season, but it'll have things perfectly in place for Dany's conquering of Westeros, which I suspect will be season, followed by the fight between the white walkers and a unified (but beleaguered) Westeros in season 8. If Jon's parentage is confirmed, she'll have a natural ally in him too.

That sounds shite tbh. It was the scheming, the backstabbing, the brutal things people did for power or revenge that make Game of Thrones so good, not the supernatural stuff. If it resolves itself with a whole season dedicated to the standard, predictable fantasy battle between the beige "good guys" Jon and Daenerys and the evil ice zombies then it'll be really disappointing.

That sounds shite tbh. It was the scheming, the backstabbing, the brutal things people did for power or revenge that make Game of Thrones so good, not the supernatural stuff. If it resolves itself with a whole season dedicated to the standard, predictable fantasy battle between the beige "good guys" Jon and Daenerys and the evil ice zombies then it'll be really disappointing.

I agree, but seems that's the way things are headed. Depends what they're going to see as priority - the fight for the throne or the fight for 'the dawn'.

I agree, but seems that's the way things are headed. Depends what they're going to see as priority - the fight for the throne or the fight for 'the dawn'.

I suspect both will be going on at the same time. I can't imagine that the hateful, spiteful, power-hungry characters will be ceasing their scheming and backstabbing even in the setting of the major battle that we're approaching.

Disappointed Ayra seemed to take getting her stomach slashed and stabbed numerous times in her stride, and healed herself through sleep. Its clear shes not seen the last of the Faceless Men though.

Mereen, as always, adds nothing. And do we really need Dany making some Hollywood appearance with a dragon everu episode?

I do love the Hound though, him and the brotherhood should be tremendous viewing, and im sort of glad they havent taken him the predictable route. While Cersei continues to f**k up, her reluctance to just give up her "power" has ultimately led to her losing everything, and yet she still continues scheming.

Disappointed Ayra seemed to take getting her stomach slashed and stabbed numerous times in her stride, and healed herself through sleep. Its clear shes not seen the last of the Faceless Men though.

Are you sure? Jaquen gave her a wee acknowledging nod when she said she was going home. Did she not give a face to the god by killing the waif and freeing herself?

Are you sure? Jaquen gave her a wee acknowledging nod when she said she was going home. Did she not give a face to the god by killing the waif and freeing herself?

Yeah, all seems a bit "neat" for GoT. Although I also thought we'd have seen the Iron Bank again, or Dorne, but both seem to have vanished.

Yeah, all seems a bit "neat" for GoT. Although I also thought we'd have seen the Iron Bank again, or Dorne, but both seem to have vanished.

Fair point.  A few seasons/ couple of books ago the Iron Bank were made out to be THE institution you don't f**k with.  All we've had is A couple of episodes with Mark Gattiss.