Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I've been watching from the start again while waiting for my Season Six blu rays to arrive. Last night I got to revisit Hardhome. I loved the synopsis for the episode with the box set. It simply reads, Jon travels.

Watching it again, I reckon that is going to be a terrific back story for the Knight's King that will be explored some time in the future.

My GF brought me the first 5 series for my birthday. Currently at the business end of season 2 and loving it. What's also brilliant are Jambo Rocker's write-ups... great if you've missed something (which I often do - even with the subtitles on). Would love to read this entire thread, but it'll be spoiler central so I'll resist. 

Despite its rave reviews, I was never that fussed about watching GoT, as I'm not really into all that fantasy stuff (like Lord of the Rings). However, there are so many parallels with medieval history that there doesn't seem to be a great deal of fantasy in it. Dragons I'm fine with, cos they're killable. But the black smokey assassin thingmy... surely that's just cheating? Similarly, the dude that can make clones of himself and do all sorts of nasty things. Not really cricket .and seems like an unfair advantage. 

14 minutes ago, Forfinn said:

Who was that?  Doesn't ring any bells with me at all!

Sorry, I'm not very good with names (or descriptions)

When the Khaleesi is couch-surfing in the city of Qarth, the weird-looking baldy bloke who suddenly turned into 12 weird-looking baldy blokes and slashed the throats of The Thirteen. 

8 minutes ago, Stellaboz said:

Yes exactly, the warlocks...

What smokey dude??? The shadow baby?

Yes, the warlock(s) and the smoky baby that came out the red priestesses' clopper. 

I've only seen both of these very briefly but especially the shadow baby, seems a bit hard to defend against. I'm sure it'll all work out though!

12 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

What's also brilliant are Jambo Rocker's write-ups... great if you've missed something (which I often do - even with the subtitles on). Would love to read this entire thread

LoL! wait til he gets to the big twist...

where JamboRocker is exposed as a plagiarist!

Edited by Christophe

• 2 weeks later...