Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

I get the feeling those that watched it early were a bit sleep deprived and missed a pile of things.

I think most of the points raised about the bits missed have been answered, except for the Sam bit. Sam clearly said he'd transcribed the book saying Rhaegar had married Lyanna. He didn't just half take it in when Gilly told him, he'd already read and rewritten everything she was reading out.

From my dim memory of arsing about with a bunsen burner in first year science I can assume that dead Viserion has more powerful fire than his brothers.

Bran won't mention anything as Jamie's integral to the living surviving the war with the dead IMO.

Hard to work out who has the better arse out of Jon Snow and Danaerys.

I'm kinda interested to see what happens when Dany meets Sam.

"Oh hello, did you know that you are Jon's Auntie and aren't actually next in line to the Iron throne? What? Did I say something wrong?

2 minutes ago, Swarley said:

"Oh hello, did you know that you are Jon's Auntie and aren't actually next in line to the Iron throne? What? Did I say something wrong?

I was thinking more along the lines of brutal killings of Sam's family members.

If the Night King doesn't win we riot, five minutes of screen time this series and he's killed a dragon and destroyed the wall. I'll be utterly seething when that wee crippled f**k Bran magics a sword from the tree and throws it to Jon just in the nick of time.

Shows getting a tad predictable, Littlefingers death was pretty cheap and I'm pretty uninterested in Jon being a Targareyn, it'll add a dimension when they find out, and he now ranks about Dany as "heir", but who honestly gives a f**k anymore.

Watching main characters being picked off one by one next season will be grand, have a feeling we'll be back to the old "anyone can die" again, outwith Jon who seems destined for a 1v1 with the Night King.

Again though, him on the Dragon is reminiscent of the Witch King on a Fell Beast in LOTR, I worry a similar fate awaits.

1 hour ago, invergowrie arab said:

So bean doesn't " remember" everything he sometimes has to jump in the delorean and go and see for himself?

The way I see it he can see the past and present but didn't finish his training and there's too much going on so he needs a phrase or a statement to anchor him to a particular place or time. So when Littlefinger mentions chaos he can see 'chaos is a ladder' or when Sam starts talking about his convenient annulment knowledge he can see Rhaegar marrying Lyanna. 

Well, I fucking thoroughly enjoyed that.  Littlefinger finally got his bottom handed to him.  I almost let out a squeal when Sansa said "... how do you answer these charges......Lord Baelish?"

Also, Lena Headey is just an incredible actress.  That "hing" she does where eyes narrow and her jaw juts out a little is utterly spot on.  She's also drop fucking dead gorgeous.

One thing I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned/ picked up on so far in this thread is what the Hound meant when he had the chat with his brother.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the Hound was cutting about with Arya either last season or the one before, didn't he hear her reel off her "list"?  On the way to the meeting with Cersei, The Hound finds out Arya is still alive, so when he tells the Mountain he's not the one who's going to kill him and that someone else is coming for him, surely he means Arya?

Paraphrasing here but did he not say something like you've always known who's coming for you? I took that as they both know The Hound will seek revenge?

I fear The Hound start it and Arya will step in to finish him off.

Anyone else feel Arya and Jon are never going to meet again?

Paraphrasing here but did he not say something like you've always known who's coming for you? I took that as they both know The Hound will seek revenge?

I fear The Hound start it and Arya will step in to finish him off.

Anyone else feel Arya and Jon are never going to meet again?

"You know who’s coming for you. You’ve always known"

3 hours ago, Fide said:

Well, I fucking thoroughly enjoyed that.  Littlefinger finally got his bottom handed to him.  I almost let out a squeal when Sansa said "... how do you answer these charges......Lord Baelish?"

Also, Lena Headey is just an incredible actress.  That "hing" she does where eyes narrow and her jaw juts out a little is utterly spot on.  She's also drop fucking dead gorgeous.

One thing I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned/ picked up on so far in this thread is what the Hound meant when he had the chat with his brother.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but when the Hound was cutting about with Arya either last season or the one before, didn't he hear her reel off her "list"?  On the way to the meeting with Cersei, The Hound finds out Arya is still alive, so when he tells the Mountain he's not the one who's going to kill him and that someone else is coming for him, surely he means Arya?

Unfortunately, her scenes with Emilia Clarke are something of an acting mismatch, and rather uncomfortable viewing for the wrong reasons.

I'll be honest, I thought that episode was distinctly underwhelming.  I like that they seem to be doing all they can to avoid straight out Dragons vs Zombies, but anyone with even a passing interest in the show (let alone the die-hard theorists) could have predicted much of what happened in that episode.  

Now that Littlefinger has got his comeuppance, there's little emotional draw.  Sam will hang around because he offers the writers pathos.  The Jon/Daenerys dream team is so staggeringly dull that I really am rooting for one (or both) of them to get done in.   

12 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Unfortunately, her scenes with Emilia Clarke are something of an acting mismatch, and rather uncomfortable viewing for the wrong reasons.

Her acting here is, for my money, the best in the whole programme:

Image result for cersei gif

I'm still intrigued by Tyrion now, he clearly knows Cerseis child is Jamies, and he clearly knows Jon is pumping Dany. And I wonder where that leaves him, can see him betraying someone fairly soon.