Game of Thrones

Quentin Taranbino

Looks like we've got the Lannister - Tyrell wedding in the next episode. Trailer is out if someone cba finding it. Cannot. Wait.

I'll need to get myself caught up - shit's about to get real.

The Hound is a good c**t.

Got told today the chap that plays him is Scottish. Within a couple of minutes of his first appearance this series it made sense...

"Lots of people name their swords"

"Lots of c***s"

:lol:

Got told today the chap that plays him is Scottish. Within a couple of minutes of his first appearance this series it made sense...

"Lots of c***s"

His accent can't decide whether it's Scottish or not. It's a bit off putting now.

Also, The Hound is also Michael, the backwards trolley operator out or Hot Fuzz!! :D Always makes me smile thinking of that

His accent can't decide whether it's Scottish or not. It's a bit off putting now.

Yeah its quite odd, found Robb was a bit like that too at points though

Thought it was a good solid start, with a couple of superb lines.

Book Spoilerz:

I was wondering about how the Shay/Tyrion story was going to pan out, with their relationship changing quite a bit from the book. That episode seemed to lay the groundwork for what happens next between them now.

Book Spoilers:

The trial and the fallout are going to be fantastic viewing if they do it right, I really hope they don't hold back on any it. I have a slight worry they are going to drag the arse out of Dany in Meereen though and it's going to affect how much time we get with a couple of the other storylines.

Noticed a wee hint from Sansa alluding to them including Lady Stoneheart on the show :thumsup2

"Lots of c***s"

Also, The Hound is also Michael, the backwards trolley operator out or Hot Fuzz!! :D Always makes me smile thinking of that

Aye he is Scottish, he used to be the Porage Oats guy:

scott-s-porage-oats-2.jpg

I fucking love Sandor Clegane. Good episode all round, but the opening and closing scenes were definitely the highlights. Has there been a single scene containing Tywin Lannister that Charles Dance hasn't been perfect in?

I bought Season 1 and Season 2 on blu-ray last year, and tanked them within a couple of weeks, just in time for Season 3. However, I used SkyGo and it was a horrendous experience. It would keep freezing halfway through meaning having to endure every single fucking advert again, with a typical episode lasting up to over 2 hours due to this.

This, together with the quality of the stream not being fantastic and the general torture of having to wait a week after each episode, has led to me biting the bullet. I'm going to wait a year for the blu-ray so I can get maximum enjoyment from what's going to happen... Just thought y'all should know this pointless anecdote. Anyway,

Book Spoilers

I'm hoping that the fight between Oberyn and the Mountain will be suitably epic. Undoubtedly my favourite part of the book. Can anyone tell if it looks like the Red Viper will be done justice on the show, just from the first episode?

I bought Season 1 and Season 2 on blu-ray last year, and tanked them within a couple of weeks, just in time for Season 3. However, I used SkyGo and it was a horrendous experience. It would keep freezing halfway through meaning having to endure every single fucking advert again, with a typical episode lasting up to over 2 hours due to this.

This, together with the quality of the stream not being fantastic and the general torture of having to wait a week after each episode, has led to me biting the bullet. I'm going to wait a year for the blu-ray so I can get maximum enjoyment from what's going to happen... Just thought y'all should know this pointless anecdote. Anyway,

Book Spoilers

I'm hoping that the fight between Oberyn and the Mountain will be suitably epic. Undoubtedly my favourite part of the book. Can anyone tell if it looks like the Red Viper will be done justice on the show, just from the first episode?

I'm a bit mixed on his introduction - does seem suitably bad ass though

I'm told it's been changed from a spear to a sword though in that scene. Surely not!

Edit. Kinda book spoiler

Edited by paul-r-cfc

I'm a bit mixed on his introduction - does seem suitably bad ass though

I'm told it's been changed from a spear to a sword though in that scene. Surely not!

Edit. Kinda book spoiler

I bloody well hope not. Actually:

Pause at around 1.10, it looks like a spear. Phew. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xZY43QSx3Fk

Edited by Chupacabra

Book Spoilers

Is season 3 still on Catch Up on sky go?

The Hound seems to have changed his accent a bit this series. More accurately, I think he's forgotten how to do it as he did before due to the break between filming the series and doing other shit in between.

Hodor nearly got that role in Hot Fuzz!

Anyway, on the episode last night. Loved it. The scenes with The Hound and Arya were a highlight. Their wee 'tag team' is a brilliant mixture of comedy and brutality. Tremendous.

Glad they've got a new Daario Naharis as the guy who played him in series 3 had a wierd face that irritated me.

Gubbed that Ser Alistair is back at Castle Black as he's a massive c**t. The lad he brought back from King's Landing, the former head of the Gold Cloaks, is also a c**t. Dangerous times for Jon Snow. Loved Maester Raymon's comment about how the wall would be defended if they beheaded everyone who broke their oaths.

Good to see Jaime is back on form with his wisecracking. Nice to see some tension between him and Joffrey. Shae's time must surely be up after Cersei's spy ran and grassed on her.

Sansa is lovely.

Interesting interaction between the big Wildling boy and those new c***s who cooked the Crow hand.

The Daenerys stuff was pretty meh, but the bet between Grey Worm and Daario Naharis was amusing. Also the dragon snapping at Dany was significant I think. Sers Jorah and Berristen remain top lads. Love those guys.

If you have Sky, I would recommend recording Thronecast which is one after every episode. It usually has an interview with a cast member, but crucially has a trailer for the next week's episode at the end. Worth recording for that alone. You should definitely skip the talk they have with the wierd couple mind. f**k them. Anyway, the trailer makes next week's episode look brilliant.

There was a shot of a shadow of a dragon flying over a city that looked like King's Landing. If that's what it was, it won't be the next episode, but has me spunking myself in to a state of dehydration.

To be brutally honest it might be better if he dies and leaves the ending to those who make the TV series, not entirely sure hes got much interest or inspiration to finish the books

Couldn't disagree more. For one thing, the books and TV show are doing very different things. I've been enjoying both, but where the TV show is just telling a story, as a single narrative, the books are much more subtle and metafictional - their strength is the way they make great use of different perspective and states of knowledge and the interaction between history and narrative. Impossible to recreate that on telly, and I'd be greatly saddened if he wasn't able to see it through.

"Lots of c***s"

Best line of the entire programme so far, that.

I think folk get a wee bit carried away with the hype for the show.

Its starting to reflect the later books where its all style/fluff over substance.

There were some good bits but mostly meh bits, and the Red Viper has been terribly cast imo. Theyve made him out to be some sort of nymphomaniac Colombian druglord.

Im pretty sure I could have skipped this weeks episode and gone straight into it next week without missing anything.

Edited by Tommy Nooka

I think folk get a wee bit carried away with the hype for the show.

Its starting to reflect the later books where its all style/fluff over substance.

There were some good bits but mostly meh bits, and the Red Viper has been terribly cast imo. Theyve made him out to be some sort of nymphomaniac Colombian druglord.

Im pretty sure I could have skipped this weeks episode and gone straight into it next week without missing anything.

But the TV series is different from the books. So frankly they could have cast him any way they wanted. As it is, the TV series has shown that people from his neck of the woods talk and look like that. So actually pretty consistent and good casting.

This is a TV adaptation of the books. It's not an exact recreation of all that happens in the books.

But the TV series is different from the books. So frankly they could have cast him any way they wanted. As it is, the TV series has shown that people from his neck of the woods talk and look like that. So actually pretty consistent and good casting.

This is a TV adaptation of the books. It's not an exact recreation of all that happens in the books.

I always saw the Dornishmen more as North African/Arab which is how they have costumed them in the show but they cast a Dornish Prince as a South American with an Indian(British) wife. Not the biggest deal but it's pretty distracting for me.

The show is largely being saved by Jaime Lannister imo, he was involved in 3 of the best scenes last night, with Tywin, Joffrey and Cersei.

Edited by Tommy Nooka