Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

Jesus. The above is grim.

I couldn't be bothered trawling through the hundreds of pages here, so apologies if this has already been said a dozen times, but all of you are part of the problem. The site is a less shite friends reunited. It is specifically set up to encourage needs wankage. There may be extreme examples of this that everyone can point to as being the "worst", but everyone using it is merely a lesser version of these bellends.

"oh but it's handy for keeping in touch and organising things"

- Set up whatsapp groups with folk on your phone. You don't need every other c*nt to see what you're organising.

Basically everyone one there will at some point have posted some shite that to some extent is designed to make them look good in some way. You don't need to. You just need to have some backbone.

Thank goodness you're here to save us all from the horrors of having a Facebook account. An epiphany indeed.

Thank goodness you're here to save us all from the horrors of having a Facebook account. An epiphany indeed.

I don't think you should be saved from it. Have one, have ten.

Just admit you're a hypocrite every time you think you're better than the goons posted as examples on here.

So anybody who has Facebook and who has had a chuckle at some of the, quite frankly, retarded stuff these people post is a hypocrite? I'd have to disagree with you there.

Nope, just anyone that has posted up a version (whether it be greater or lesser) of the shite people have posted here as examples. In basic psychological terms I see no substantive difference between someone daft bint posting "so upset just now" to whore for responses, and someone else posting up a "perfectly reasonable" photo of themselves or their wean as an update, safe in the knowledge that it will garner a half-dozen cloying responses.

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with either, but doing one of them and looking down on the other is a bit rich.

Nope, just anyone that has posted up a version (whether it be greater or lesser) of the shite people have posted here as examples. In basic psychological terms I see no substantive difference between someone daft bint posting "so upset just now" to whore for responses, and someone else posting up a "perfectly reasonable" photo of themselves or their wean as an update, safe in the knowledge that it will garner a half-dozen cloying responses.

There's nothing intrinsically wrong with either, but doing one of them and looking down on the other is a bit rich.

What you seem to be saying is that there is no substantive difference between this, and having the audacity to have a Facebook account in the first place. Again, I'd have to disagree with you.

What you seem to be saying is that there is no substantive difference between this, and having the audacity to have a Facebook account in the first place. Again, I'd have to disagree with you.

That's within your rights of course. Your stance would carry more weight if you expanded on the reasons you disagree.

Milton raises a fair point imo. I rarely post anything on Facebook, and when I do, it's generally to get a laugh out of folk, although I tend to find my jokes funnier than anyone else does. However I take the conceited/disgruntled attitude on here as tongue in cheek, a caricature of itself. I don't think anyone is actually raging about this stuff, rather just having a laugh at the whole social media culture in general.

That's within your rights of course. Your stance would carry more weight if you expanded on the reasons you disagree.

I've had a facebook account for about 5 years and have only ever posted 1 status (four years ago). It was funny and definitely worth it but has since been deleted.

Where would I fit in with your reckoning that everyone is as bad as each other? If there was only people like me on facebook there would be no point in it :lol:

I only occasionally post photos and even then it would be in one big batch rather than a drip feed to attract extra likes. People, usually women, who "change" their profile picture back to what it has been 4, 5 times before to attract extra likes always give me a good laugh.

It's vanity, and instantly gives you an idea of which of your acquaintances are deeply insecure. Nevertheless, it's a fairly good entertainment medium and I'm glad I have it, the people mocked on this thread are actually what makes Facebook so worthwhile.

I post on facebook every morning, with a good morning type message (nothing funcy mind, or fake)

Basically I do this because with my ongoing mental and physical health issues it reassures my daughters that I'm up, awake and ok.