Annoying things people write on Facebook

Geedub-MFC

On 3/3/2019 at 09:07, Melanius Mullarkey said:

You hardly every see white Sikhs these days either.

I worked with an albino Sikh a while back. Nice lad, clever and articulate, good to work with.

He had a minor disability that he said was common with his albinism (dunno if it's correlated in general, or if there are types of albinism, or it applies to ethnic Sikhs): his eyeballs had some sort of vibration thing going on, and to be able to see more than a few feet he had to whip out the world's smallest telescope. He did this frequently at meetings to see whiteboards and things; but the first time he did it I was completely fazed, then was very self-conscious about stopping mid-spiel, then rushing to pick it up as though there was "nothing to see here!"

Which, in Ajinder's case, was actually true.

On 07/03/2019 at 20:03, Swarley said:
On 07/03/2019 at 19:36, ajwffc said:
It is shocking that the army is actually using one of it's Scottish bases FB_IMG_1551982703127.thumb.jpg.1d02627cada492bc830dda7585bdc9c1.jpg

Highlands Clearance 2.0 imho

There’s a wee bit of Highland willy-waving between the Dingwall and Inverness posters in The Championship forum. Peacekeeper role IMO.

On 3/7/2019 at 12:36, ajwffc said:

It is shocking that the army is actually using one of it's Scottish bases FB_IMG_1551982703127.jpg

I like that the lad thinks a wee bit of foliage on his helmet will make that vee-hickle invisible in the highlands.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
7 hours ago, ajwffc said:
. FB_IMG_1552309943666.jpg.e60ec2235f9d8c39d427b95af7e9ad53.jpg

Folk actually believe this stuff as fact.

My mum (in her 60s) Regularly tells me "I read it on Facebook" as the way of backing up whatever shite she's spewing this week.

Last 1 I heard is when challenged as to why her front door is always locked even though she's in "i read on FB about thieves coming into people's houses when they're upstairs to steal car keys"

Where to start. 

I quickly explained nobody is coming into your shitey house to steal your shitey car and more to the point your shitey car is at work with the Auld man.