Modern Family

Swarley

Think the third season has suffered a significant drop off in quality, probably as a result of trying to churn out too many episodes, gets the American balance between comedy and sentimentality spot on.

The last bit of this. Think they have dealt pretty well with the kids growing up as well.

The "You're still that 8 year old I fell in love with" moment was excellent last week.

If there's a better sitcom than Modern Family currently airing, I haven't seen it.

Agreed.

I think this show's main strength is its great characters. All of them, kids included, are worthy of commendation.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Phil is terrific. I think the "straight" characters in each family- Jay, Claire and Mitchell - play their parts really well.

Hopefully it can keep up the high standard from the first three series, they have handled the kids growing up pretty well so far. Gloria having a baby will change the dynamic a bit, but hopefully the "jumping the shark" moment is still a few series away.

• 2 weeks later...

Phil is my favourite as well.

I'm watching at US Pace at the moment, keep an eye out for the book of "Phil's-ospohy" in tonight's UK episode, it's amazing :D

Edited by cityfan

Phil is my favourite as well.

I'm watching at US Pace at the moment, keep an eye out for the book of "Phil's-ospohy" in tonight's UK episode, it's amazing :D

Terrific episode, possibily one of my favourites. Phil is a legend!