Doctor Who

yoda

I ask the question: why couldn't the Doctor just have regenerated (in principle) in this episode? It seems that there's something about surrendering her regenerations just to keep the Doctor alive here, rather than necessarily prolonging his regeneration cycle count.

Whilst the death of the Doctor is indeed a fixed point in time, you'll recall the huge age differential between the Doctor in the stetson and the one who was sent a blue envelope. We also saw that he just found out when and where he dies. As for the stetson Doctor's age, it's unlikely the series will let that much time pass. Rule 1: the Doctor lies. This is coming a lot sooner than we think.

Dear God will someone get this boy his hole!

I can't help but feel Moffat is at his best as an occasional writer, last weeks one was a bit meh, but that one was fucking brilliant! Its telling that the two clear stand out episodes this series have been by external writers. Sitting here in the dark, watching it on my laptop, at a crucial moment, a big f**k off moth flew into the laptop screen, nearly shat a brick! I'm still not enjoying the series as a whole, but that episode and the Doctor's Wife were top quality stand alone episodes.

I quite enjoyed that for what it was, a creepy filler episode.

I did notice that the Doctor put a bit of emphasis on saying that they were all back together "in the flesh" towards the end though

That was originally episode 3 from the first half of the season, they swapped it with the Pirate episode to ensure that the first half of the season had more outside scenes and wasnt all dark corridors.

That was originally episode 3 from the first half of the season, they swapped it with the Pirate episode to ensure that the first half of the season had more outside scenes and wasnt all dark corridors.

The pirates appeared in A Good Man Goes to War though, did they not?

The Pirates were shot as Episode 7 - whilst filming it was decided to swap with Ep3 and then to film a scene with the Pirate characters for AGMGTW, hence its just them standing in an open door with no one else in shot.

Two annoying Amys for the price of 1 - dont care for her at all so this was a tedious pile of old w**k.

See that? That was magnificent! I find I'm enjoying the standalone episodes much more than the overall series arc, and that was a fantastically done bit of drama. The last two episodes and the Doctor's Wife have been my highlights of the series. The longer we can stay away from the crappy, self referential series arc, the better.

Nice to have a Rory episode, I thought it was really well done and I am in agreement with XBL, in that the individual episodes are better. I understand the need for a story line throughout, but little bits in each would suffice I think, dont dedicate it to whole episodes every now and again.

I thought this was a great episode, but the GF hated it. :unsure:

It was slightly obvious that older Amy was going to peg it before the end or that the Doctor would screw her over by not letting her into the TARDIS though. Other than that wee quibble, I really enjoyed it.

I also loved the "Portal" vibe to the whole thing.

I thought this was a great episode, but the GF hated it. :unsure:

It was slightly obvious that older Amy was going to peg it before the end or that the Doctor would screw her over by not letting her into the TARDIS though. Other than that wee quibble, I really enjoyed it.

I also loved the "Portal" vibe to the whole thing.

Probably because all girls believe they will eventually be dumped for a younger, better looking version of theirself. You can bet your bird's c**t on it :P

I still would have rode the 'elder' amy...

Edited by the jambo-rocker