stone roses

doulikefish

• Replies 681
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I preferred the second coming to their original album, but this song is a bit gash. Hopefully just due to it being a single and trying to make it catchy. If they'e done other stuff it'll hopefully be better.

I can't believe this is the best they could come up with after all this time. Surely there was unfinished or half written songs on dat or their heads better than this?

Really think they were just the right band at the right time and have had their moment and been blown completely out of proportion.

D.A.F.C, on 14 May 2016 - 12:30, said:

I can't believe this is the best they could come up with after all this time. Surely there was unfinished or half written songs on dat or their heads better than this?

Really think they were just the right band at the right time and have had their moment and been blown completely out of proportion.

There is no way to tell if it's the best they've come up with. There's a chance they've just picked a poor lead single. Wouldn't be the first time that's happened.

Listening to it again, it really sounds like they're trying to distort Brown's voice to sound like it originally did with the Roses. I just don't think his voice sounds the same as it does on his solo albums .

I think its tip top. Musically like the Beatles paperback writer and revolver period with the lyrics similar to the bubblegum pop of yellow submarine. Sometimes even reminds me of the monkees! Laugh you might, but the monkees made some of the catchiest feelgood songs of the 60's. I'm sorry it wasn't cool enough for the hipsters,Each to their own though.

I'm 100% certain it's a stand alone sinkage similar to what they done with one love. Album to follow.

Lol at "not cool enough for the hipsters"! Hardly a hipsters band, anything semi decent would have been lapped up by the laddism culture that is this bands fan base. The fact that even these are mocking it tells you all you need to know.

Lol at "not cool enough for the hipsters"! Hardly a hipsters band, anything semi decent would have been lapped up by the laddism culture that is this bands fan base. The fact that even these are mocking it tells you all you need to know.

No wonder you have a bag over your head

Are you seriously asking who cares about dreadful lyrics?

Ok, sake, was more meaning it's the Roses back with a new song, lyrics not the best but that's not stopped me from being well chuffed the lads are back.

I probably shouldn't post after drinking pints.

Ok, sake, was more meaning it's the Roses back with a new song, lyrics not the best but that's not stopped me from being well chuffed the lads are back.

I probably shouldn't post after drinking pints.

It's true for all of us!

Archived