Mafia Watering Hole

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

With just over a week until this starts, and just under a week to sign ups, some more little teasers:

This game will be swingy.

This game features a twist that has NEVER been done on a P&B mafia game, making it one of the most strategic mafia games available.

Ideally I'm looking for 20 players for perfect balance, but I can deal with more or less dependent on demand.

I'm quite looking forward to this game. How do you reckon we'll react to this twist, SLJ?

I think there will be lots of moaning. I'm expecting a negative reaction from it, however it will be stated in the opening post. It won't be something that is just sprung on you, and there is a reason why it has been incorporated into this game, which will be explained at the end.

I'm quite looking forward to this game. How do you reckon we'll react to this twist, SLJ?

Mmm I dunno, when I tested it I didnt get it until the end when it came together (kind of). It does make sense if you tune in to it but it might take a day or so to understand the way it is.

• 2 weeks later...

I might have next, after SLJ's game. I've had a cool idea for a role that I'd like to try out that I think can work into a theme. The theme would be Philip K. Dick characters, (he's an author) so some characters from works you may have seen like Blade Runner, Total Recall (s), The Adjustment Bureau, Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly, Paycheck, Next - to name but a few films that his works have been adapted to make.

I'll obviously wait a while after Inception finishes and with it being T in the Park soonish (right?), I'll probably wait until August for it.

I might have next, after SLJ's game. I've had a cool idea for a role that I'd like to try out that I think can work into a theme. The theme would be Philip K. Dick characters, (he's an author) so some characters from works you may have seen like Blade Runner, Total Recall (s), The Adjustment Bureau, Minority Report, A Scanner Darkly, Paycheck, Next - to name but a few films that his works have been adapted to make.

I'll obviously wait a while after Inception finishes and with it being T in the Park soonish (right?), I'll probably wait until August for it.

Sounds pretty good or a Stephen king book or the Tarantino film universe could be well done.

My latest hair brained game which I nicked off someone's suggestion , is a P&B alias game. Where everyone plays a banned user with the mods being the bad guys.

It'll maybe get a bit of interest (good or bad but I'll see what you guys think.

Already been done I'm sure, think it was SLJ responsible for it. Possibly listed on the first post as 'internet: serious business' or sonething?

Already been done I'm sure, think it was SLJ responsible for it. Possibly listed on the first post as 'internet: serious business' or sonething?

Oh I thought that was just a standard P&B game where they just jumbled everyone's names about.

Can we schedule in Apprentice 4 for a start date of the first week in October? I will be on holiday then so more time shall be dedicated to the game.

My favourite ever role in a mafia game was TRS' Ian Black role.

It was just a silencer role, but he always posted a picture of Ian Black halving folk. Brilliant.

That wasn't aliases and mods, that was just posters like VT and Supras. The mods were the good guys. I think there's enough different for an alias one.

Can we schedule in Apprentice 4 for a start date of the first week in October? I will be on holiday then so more time shall be dedicated to the game.

Will do.

• 4 weeks later...

These sort of games seem to be slowly dying a death, to be honest. It's pretty shit, but that's the way of things. Hopefully, a game comes along that rejuvenates things but it's looking unlikely.

Why are half of the links no longer there for previous Mafia and non-Mafia games in Forehead's OP?

Must've fucked up when the database changed, the links are still actually there they're just not showing up. I can see them when I edit the post (maybe if you quote it, too). I'll fix them later this week or at the weekend, not got time today but if I remember, I'll do it after tomorrow.

As for a game, I could probably throw one together at the weekend and put sign ups next week, if one is required.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived