Squad lists/confirmed signings

I think we need a hatchet man defensively minded midfielder to complete the squad but its looking encouraging and a very strong squad. I watched the bounce game with Motherwell tonight and we had 4/5 of our under 19 squad out and I was very impressed. The 18 year old centre half we signed from St Mirren in particular never put a foot wrong against SPL opposition

Shame McKenna decided to stay with the big boys, eh?

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

See what Alan Moore thought of him.

Clicky

I am less concerned about him now as recent signings have been pretty good and having seen our performance last night.

It won't let you read it without registering which I can't be arsed doing. Care to copy and paste or give us the gist of it (though the "disgusted at McKenna's u-turn" headline probably sums it up :lol: ).

McKenna looked impressive last night.

It won't let you read it without registering which I can't be arsed doing. Care to copy and paste or give us the gist of it (though the "disgusted at McKenna's u-turn" headline probably sums it up :lol: ).

The Greenock Telegraph are threatening to sue people who cut and paste their stuff and we have all been warned about it on the Morton site. So in the interests of being the upstanding law abiding citizen that I am, I can't.

In essence it says that McKenna and Moore shook hands on a deal to take effect when his QoS contract expired. Moore gave his word that he would not renege on the deal meantime. He goes on to say that he (Moore) was disgusted as you don't go back on your word in football. He implies that Mr McKenna's card is marked in football circles. Says he spoiled the first few days of Moore's holiday!!

Falkirk

Goalkeepers

Bowman

Defenders

Tam Scobbie (2013)

Kieren Duffie (2012)

Stephen Kingsley

Murray Wallace

Darren Dods (2012)

Rhys Bennett (Loan)

Midfielders

Mark Millar (2012)

Stewart Murdoch (2013)

Ryan Flynn (2012)

Jack Compton (2012)

Kallum Higgonbotham (2012)

Jay Fulton

Blair Alston

Strikers

Ally Graham (2012)

We're looking to bring in 3 more players, but it seems to depend on Ryan Flynn moving to Sheffield United in the next couple of days. We've got McManus on trial still, along with a couple of French lads, one of whom is a striker, and I think the other is a midfielder. Ideally we would be able to bring in them plus a goalkeeper, and that would be us. Flynn going would get another high wage off the bill, as well as a transfer fee to boot. So, we should definitely see some players coming in over the next week or two.

Edit: Meant to add, squad has been updated with the signing of Bennett from Bolton on loan.

Falkirk

Goalkeepers

Bowman

Defenders

Tam Scobbie (2013)

Kieren Duffie (2012)

Stephen Kingsley

Murray Wallace

Darren Dods (2012)

Rhys Bennett (Loan)

Midfielders

Mark Millar (2012)

Stewart Murdoch (2013)

Ryan Flynn (2012)

Jack Compton (2012)

Kallum Higgonbotham (2012)

Jay Fulton

Blair Alston

Strikers

Ally Graham (2012)

We're looking to bring in 3 more players, but it seems to depend on Ryan Flynn moving to Sheffield United in the next couple of days. We've got McManus on trial still, along with a couple of French lads, one of whom is a striker, and I think the other is a midfielder. Ideally we would be able to bring in them plus a goalkeeper, and that would be us. Flynn going would get another high wage off the bill, as well as a transfer fee to boot. So, we should definitely see some players coming in over the next week or two.

Edit: Meant to add, squad has been updated with the signing of Bennett from Bolton on loan.

It seems that wee Fred Bachirou at Morton has been trying to establish a French connection in Scottish football and, as I understand it, he is responsible for the introduction of at least one of your French trialists. He also introduced Morton to a goalkeeper who has been on trial with us.

Shame McKenna decided to stay with the big boys, eh?

McKenna is the type of player our squad is missing. I reckon we'll end up signing a defensive centre mid who can also play in defence or vice versa and a perhaps a keeper on loan.

McKenna is the type of player our squad is missing. I reckon we'll end up signing a defensive centre mid who can also play in defence or vice versa and a perhaps a keeper on loan.

Has Rocco Quinn signed up for anyone? Would take him, quality midfielder......

It seems that wee Fred Bachirou at Morton has been trying to establish a French connection in Scottish football and, as I understand it, he is responsible for the introduction of at least one of your French trialists. He also introduced Morton to a goalkeeper who has been on trial with us.

I thought the lad from Beauvais reserves that we had in goals for the second half against Motherwell looked a bit shaky. Orange boots on a goalkeeper really don't help you make a good impression!

I think you got the gist. Personally I'm glad he didn't sign. He got so much bad press from QOS fans and he starts with a 4 game ban. He's obviously a slimeball as well. Wee Moore is angered and rightly so. If there's an agreement "man to man", it's a poor show of character to back out. According to the article, he didn't have the guts to call Moore or McNally. You are welcome to him.

Queen of the South

Goalkeepers

Roddy McKenzie (35) - May 2012

Defenders

Steven Black (19)

Chris Higgins (26) - May 2012

James McGowan (18)

Craig Reid (25) - May 2012

Mark Campbell (33) - May 2012

Midfielders

Daniel Carmichael (21) - May 2012

Kevin Holt (18) - May 2012

Allan Johnston (37) - May 2012

Stephen McKenna (25) - May 2012

Ian McShane (18)

Kieran O'Hear (19)

Dan Orsi (19)

Stephen Simmons (29) - May 2012

Forwards

Steven Degnan (19)

Gavin Reilly (18) - May 2012

Ryan Smillie (19)

Kevin Smith (24) - May 2012

Modern Apprenticeship u19 Players

Russell Parker (17) - May 2012 (Midfield)

Out of Contract - Future Unknown

Ross Hyslop (19) - Goalkeeper - Doing pre-season at Airdrie United

Bob Harris (23) - Left Back - Has been on trial at Blackpool

Ryan McGuffie (31) - Utility Defender ** Offered New Contract **

David Weatherston (24) - Forward - So far as I know still training with us

Senior Players Departed

Paul Burns (27) - Midfielder (Dunfermline Athletic)

Derek Holmes (32) - Forward (Airdrie United)

David Hutton (26) - Goalkeeper (Hamilton Academical)

David Lilley (33) - Centre Back (Airdrie United)

Willie McLaren (26) - Winger (Hamilton Academical)

Colin McMenamin (30) - Forward (Ross County)

Rocco Quinn (24) - Midfielder (Ross County)

Neil Scally (32) - Midfielder (Released)

Ages as at 1st August 2011

Wee bit of housekeeping on the list. Moved Reilly and Holt into the main squad as I hear neither is part-time any longer and both are back within the fold full time, though both are also young enough to play 19's also. Gus MacPherson confirmed publicly tonight that he has offered Ryan McGuffie a contract. Derek Holmes has apparently joined Airdrie United.

I think you got the gist. Personally I'm glad he didn't sign. He got so much bad press from QOS fans and he starts with a 4 game ban. He's obviously a slimeball as well. Wee Moore is angered and rightly so. If there's an agreement "man to man", it's a poor show of character to back out. According to the article, he didn't have the guts to call Moore or McNally. You are welcome to him.

Yeah, I've read it now. :ph34r:

I would feel the same as both Moore and you in the same position. Having changed his mind the least he could have done was call Moore personally. I'm guessing he may get a bit of stick in the games at Cappielow!

However, if he can clean up his discipline I'm glad he's stuck around. He's an effective player for us when on the pitch. My worry with him has always been his discipline. I'd hope a change of manager will improve that.

For God knows what reason incidentally the SFA appear to have reduced his ban, originally advised as four matches, to three. That's what the current suspension list shows anyway.

What bad press from Qos fans? Ive never heard many criticise him, other than he picks up too many yellow cards.

The rest of your post is so tear-stained you'd better start posting from a paddling pool in future :rolleyes:

What bad press from Qos fans? Ive never heard many criticise him, other than he picks up too many yellow cards.

The rest of your post is so tear-stained you'd better start posting from a paddling pool in future :rolleyes:

Depends how you define "bad press". I don't think anyone criticised his effectiveness. There were several at the time he looked to have signed for Morton though, including me, who suggested that he would be suspended for so many games a season that his worth was debatable and that we couldn't afford that in a squad as small as we will have. Which is still true incidentally. He absolutely HAS to clean up his act a bit this coming season or he's going to be of limited use.

Depends how you define "bad press". I don't think anyone criticised his effectiveness. There were several at the time he looked to have signed for Morton though, including me, who suggested that he would be suspended for so many games a season that his worth was debatable and that we couldn't afford that in a squad as small as we will have. Which is still true incidentally. He absolutely HAS to clean up his act a bit this coming season or he's going to be of limited use.

Fair point, but then I think we saw on Tuesday night just what a good player he is.

For me, his risk of suspension isnt really any different to someone like Smith who, arguably, is a risk fitness wise. With the budget we've got, I think we have to accept that most players we bring in will carry some sort of "baggage".

Fair point, but then I think we saw on Tuesday night just what a good player he is.

For me, his risk of suspension isnt really any different to someone like Smith who, arguably, is a risk fitness wise. With the budget we've got, I think we have to accept that most players we bring in will carry some sort of "baggage".

I don't think a Tuesday night canter against a Gretna side notably weaker at the moment than last season tells us much to be honest. McKenna's effectiveness isn't in question. He's no "footballer" but that's not what he's there for.

I agree entirely about Smith and it's why I would also worry if Brighton was added alongside him. Fit and together that would be a pretty decent forward line. But the injury records both have would mean it was an enormous risk to pair them. To an extent you could say the same about Weatherston who by his nature often has hamstring issues. That's why MacPherson has some very difficult decisions to make. There will be an element of gamble in a lot of his signings. If he gets them right then we'll be fine and might even be top half. If he gets them wrong and we get unlucky with injuries then we could be fielding a team full of teenagers many weeks and it could be a struggle.

Maybe you stopped reading P&B and missed some of the posts....and btw, no tears here. I was just commenting on the article. I couldnt give a toss what he does. As someone else on here has posted, he is the type of player we could use. We'll just look elsewhere.

Good luck for the new season.

Archived