Squad lists/confirmed signings

Hopefully get at least one more striker in and maybe a couple of loannes to boost the squad, delighted with the signings so far

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hopefully get at least one more striker in and maybe a couple of loannes to boost the squad, delighted with the signings so far

We need a wee bit more than that, we've lost:

Stuart Anderson (released)

Joe Hammill (released)

eddie malone (released)

Brian Graham,(Dundee United)

Simon Mensing (Livingston)

In addition to that, we have lost:

Joe Cardle (free agent, offered terms)

Pat Clarke (free agent, not been offered anything as far as we are aware)

Allan Walker (free agent, almost certainly being offered nothing now)

So that's a turnover of 8 players form the first team squad over last year, even allowing for Callachan and Donaldson as being squad/first team regulars, we are still far from having all the positions filled. Bare in mind as well that despite being listed. it seems unlikely that Murray will play much, if at all. That Ellis should probably be used sparingly and that we have no cover if either full back is injured. Additionally we have no left midfield player or a strike force.

In other words, it's only early days for us in the transfer window.

We need a wee bit more than that, we've lost:

Stuart Anderson (released)

Joe Hammill (released)

eddie malone (released)

Brian Graham,(Dundee United)

Simon Mensing (Livingston)

In addition to that, we have lost:

Joe Cardle (free agent, offered terms)

Pat Clarke (free agent, not been offered anything as far as we are aware)

Allan Walker (free agent, almost certainly being offered nothing now)

So that's a turnover of 8 players form the first team squad over last year, even allowing for Callachan and Donaldson as being squad/first team regulars, we are still far from having all the positions filled. Bare in mind as well that despite being listed. it seems unlikely that Murray will play much, if at all. That Ellis should probably be used sparingly and that we have no cover if either full back is injured. Additionally we have no left midfield player or a strike force.

In other words, it's only early days for us in the transfer window.

Id also take into account news of further budget cuts, the announcement of the youth player contracts and previous use of the loan system I cant imagine we would sign more than another couple of players with the budget we have (not including McGurn) and then using loans and then our new youngers to flesh out the squad

Id also take into account news of further budget cuts, the announcement of the youth player contracts and previous use of the loan system I cant imagine we would sign more than another couple of players with the budget we have (not including McGurn) and then using loans and then our new youngers to flesh out the squad

The budget cuts are likely salami slicing i.e. rather than reducing the overall pool of players, we are offering everyone a bit less to stick around/sign up.

We can't go into the new season with only two central defenders, both of whom have had injury issues. There is also no way that those four guys who got their first pro contracts are going to be getting flung into the team on a regular basis. It's taken Callachan, vaughn and Donaldson a couple fo years to break through into it: Donaldson came into the side earlier, but arguably wasn't quite ready at the time.

Also, if Murray was seriously going to be using the young guys on so much more, why sign two central midfielders on (presumably) full time contracts when Clalchan and Vaughn are available.

I figure we'll be going after 4 guys: Left winger, two strikers and another central defender. I don't know how well Murray will use any loan system, the Hearts source will have dried up a bit with them using all thier best young talent in their first team. Not seen much coming through at Dundee United either, for the same reasons.

How has Jason Marr got on for you guys? He was horrendous for us.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Pie & Bovril mobile app

Think that's the guy we had on trial in the 2nd Division after you released him? He wasn't very good.

Think that's the guy we had otn trial in the 2nd Division after you released him? He wasn't very good.

'T was this season we had him on trial, looked a decent right back, would have been happy to sign him at the time, obviously happy we didn't now.

I believe he has been playing Centre back for Alloa, he played a couple of games there for us and didn't look too brilliant, despite playing against a junior team.

I imagine most teams in the league will be after Craig. He could even join a part-time team, because I believe he has a job outside football.

Thinking wishfully?

Following Craig on twitter, he's not long back from holiday and a few have asked him about his future where he has replied that nothing's been sorted.

Would be an ideal replacement for Graham, think we will be after another 1 or 2 strikers.

'T was this season we had him on trial, looked a decent right back, would have been happy to sign him at the time, obviously happy we didn't now.

I believe he has been playing Centre back for Alloa, he played a couple of games there for us and didn't look too brilliant, despite playing against a junior team.

Was it? I was sure it was in the 2nd he was with us. Didn't think he was up to much.

The budget cuts are likely salami slicing i.e. rather than reducing the overall pool of players, we are offering everyone a bit less to stick around/sign up.

We can't go into the new season with only two central defenders, both of whom have had injury issues. There is also no way that those four guys who got their first pro contracts are going to be getting flung into the team on a regular basis. It's taken Callachan, vaughn and Donaldson a couple fo years to break through into it: Donaldson came into the side earlier, but arguably wasn't quite ready at the time.

Also, if Murray was seriously going to be using the young guys on so much more, why sign two central midfielders on (presumably) full time contracts when Clalchan and Vaughn are available.

I figure we'll be going after 4 guys: Left winger, two strikers and another central defender. I don't know how well Murray will use any loan system, the Hearts source will have dried up a bit with them using all thier best young talent in their first team. Not seen much coming through at Dundee United either, for the same reasons.

Agreed cant imagine we will get much change out of Hears for loanees considering their signing restrictions and money issues. Considering the aging squad Aberdeen are clobbering together may be more requirement for their younger players to get some first team action. Suppose we will know better come this time next month before our friendlies kick off. Looking forward to next season already tho

Agreed cant imagine we will get much change out of Hears for loanees considering their signing restrictions and money issues. Considering the aging squad Aberdeen are clobbering together may be more requirement for their younger players to get some first team action. Suppose we will know better come this time next month before our friendlies kick off. Looking forward to next season already tho 

Cannae wait! Getting excited already and more positive than I've been with a Rovers team in years.

Mon the Rovers

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Pie & Bovril mobile app

I heard the rovers had offered Craig a contract and he still has unfinished business at starks park.

From what I've heard, we haven't offered Craig a contract.

Greenock Morton Squad list:

Goalkeepers

Derek Gaston

Defenders

Mark McLaughlin

Scott Taggart

Thomas O'Ware

David Verlaque

Midfielders

David O'Brien

Michael Tidser

Fouad Bachirou