Dance Songs

SOL

Did anyone on here buy tickets for Northern Lights in Newcastle? Not long now, looking forward to it!

Me and my cousin were planning on going but he couldn't get the Monday & Tuesday off work so we are going to Manchester the following weekend to see Gareth Emery instead. Proper looking forward to it.

Absolutely loving Steve Angello's Radio 1 Residency. He's taken a bit of stick recently about pre-recorded sets and generally gets lumped in with all the other 'EDM' stars. And I'd agree with this to an extent, as he does stick to big room stuff in his live shows (what people expect to hear him play). But when he does sway towards underground and tech, he's fantastic. I've got a Subliminal Sessions album from winter 2009 mixed by him and it's excellent.

Heard this tune on his show the other week. The original is up there as one of my favourite ever house tunes. And is easily the best work by any SHM member or combination of them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8qfdVz25dU

Yes me and a mate did, heading down on the Sunday before staying in Jesmond, anywhere you'd recommend before the bash on the Monday?

Decent shout staying in Jesmond, you can't really go wrong with Osbourne Road. It will be perfect for you Sunday if you fancy a few and probably Monday morning for a breakfast and pint etc, absolute shit load of options there.

As for when you get into Newcastle, there's plenty around and about that are decent, a couple of things you should probably watch for are the bars directly opposite the station which are usually full of toolbags, but that said with everyone descending on Newcastle for the day might just get took over for the day. Opposite the station though is Project Gotham which always seems to go down well and does fairly cheap trebles (3 for £6 I think), has gained fans with folk from on here too if you look in the Travel Forum. Other than that there's plenty of Lloyds type places and Long Bar all near the station/Times Square anyway so you'll be fine. It's also worth noting that the event is next to the gay scene in Newcastle. In honesty everyone is sound etc, just if you don't really fancy that, avoid the rainbow flags above :lol:

I'll be hoping its a decent day so we can find a beer garden somewhere and chill with a few pints before going in a bit later. Can't see it being worth going in at 1pm anyway!

As for after the event, I don't think you can go wrong with Digital which is in Times Square anyway and are the club holding the festival anyway. Three rooms, different dance music each floor. Quality place.

Edited by berwick-the-unbeatable

Just bought my ticket for Electric Frog at the Riverside. Having seen Jamie Jones at DC-10 in September I had to plump for the Sunday. Saturday looks shit hot too. Too old for the two days though.

And:

Got a ticket for the Saturday as Jamie Jones is headlining B2B with Seth Troxler at Parklife in June but I agree both days look superb! Stage breakdowns are up today and it looks like a clear run from Audion, Tiga, Weatherall, Derrick May and 2manydjs. Can't wait.

AVB dropping 'Ping Pong' at Ultra. Oaft.

Edit: Here's a better video. Utter scenes.

This is, by a distance, the worst song Armin has ever produced. Awful.

I had hoped he was going back to proper trance with the 138 stuff but he keeps the two very separate.

Did anyone on here buy tickets for Northern Lights in Newcastle? Not long now, looking forward to it!

I wanted to but none of my mates were able to go :(

Just me or is C.Harris's latest tune the exact same as his last one?

The chorus's :lol:

If Calvin Harris wasn't Scottish he'd get much more abuse on here than he does. Fair enough he's making a fortune, shagging an absolute wee darling and he's a huge name, but he's just a more handsome David Guetta.

Next week I've got the next Zoom night at the tunnel - Solarstone, John Askew, Super8 & Tab, Menno De Jong and RAM. Unreal.

Next week I've got the next Zoom night at the tunnel - Solarstone, John Askew, Super8 & Tab, Menno De Jong and RAM. Unreal.

Gutted that I can't make zoom next week. Nightshift weekend and can't get it off :(

Saying that I was at Sean Tyas at Trancelate at 69 below two weeks ago and it was awesome. So it ain't all bad lol.