Dance Songs

SOL

Screen-Shot-2014-11-28-at-12.09.47.png?c

Tweeted Midland the other day cheekily asking for guestlist for this, ended up sticking me down for a +1. Looking forward to this tonight :thumsup2 .

You lucky lucky b*****d. Tried my best as my mates got in as well but it wasn't to be. Had to console myself at the PC music event on friday.

Second WHP of the season next Friday. Jamie XX and John Talabot presents.

After announcing their shit line up for their 20th birthday last week Colours have hijacked the Zoom night with Paul Van Dyk and changed it into their birthday party part 2. Cracking line up so far PVD, Ben Nicky, Simon Patterson, Menno De Jong, Sied Van Riel.

Fabric's had a reprieve from it's local council in London but entry is to be made much more restrictive with police trained sniffer dogs, increased drug searches and stricter CCTV on the premises.

Looking back at the Arches' reaction to a death on it's premise I feel a lot better about our venues than I would if I lived down South. It's much more relaxed to get in most venues up here than it is down south in places like Sankeys or the WHP.

Incidentally, has anyone ever died in Sub Club?

Fabric's had a reprieve from it's local council in London but entry is to be made much more restrictive with police trained sniffer dogs, increased drug searches and stricter CCTV on the premises.

Looking back at the Arches' reaction to a death on it's premise I feel a lot better about our venues than I would if I lived down South. It's much more relaxed to get in most venues up here than it is down south in places like Sankeys or the WHP.

Incidentally, has anyone ever died in Sub Club?

How was WHP? I'm going to the closing party, first time going.

How was WHP? I'm going to the closing party, first time going.

Err, it's alright. There's loads of bottlenecks and it can get really squashed in the crowd up until around half 3 when quite a few folk leave after the main artist is finished. The drinks aren't too expensive, around 4.50 a drink and it's Russian Standard and other decent drinks for sale. The security's really lax as well and generally everyone's quite relaxed. If you're going with any lassies then warn them that it's portaloos instead of proper toilets as well. Oh and there's a proper massive wellness area with comfy seats and a quiet bar if you're fleein' too much at any point. Don't do what I did and sit in a portaloo for fifteen minutes to calm down during Green Velvet.

The actual artists were class. Think the Jamie XX Presents was one of my favourite nights of the year. I'm just sort of reluctant to really praise it when the folk who run it are dickheads and they relocated away from the much better Victoria Warehouse for Store Street although that said if you're travelling down via train the venue is literally underneath Piccadilly Station which is handy.

Edited by NotThePars