Hip Hop Thread

A-Mac

Love Jehst, Chester P, Braintax, Klasnekoff et al.

I've got the Rhyme Asylum 'Solitary Confinement' album on my phone, but I'm not overly keen on it.

No doubt you'll heard this tune RawB?

Edit: why the f**k do some Youtube links not embed? Anyhoo, it's Jehst, Farmer G, Skriblah and The Sundragon - Seeing Red.

Aye, course! Classic tune. Really keen to see Jehst live. All time favourite and don't know how much longer he'll be doing this. Managed to get to see Chester P and Ramson Badbonez in Edinburgh a couple months back and meet them afterwards. Great night

That is uncanny - I posted the following earlier in response to British Patriot saying Eminem is the greatest living rapper and there's no other decent ones or something. I deleted it cos I couldn't get 'The Martyr' album on Youtube to embed:

Eminem is the only great living rapper if you're just skimming the surface and only listening to the shit that the radio and tv are feeding you. There are some incredible emcees if you look for them.

Personally it's mostly UK stuff I listen to but some folk can only swallow the Yank accent. If that's the case, I give you Immortal Technique to name but one. Here's his full 'The Martyr' album on Youtube including a link to download the full album for free. Don't say I'm not good to you:

That's not the case. Lyrically Eminem is better than anyone, if you ever see the top rappers doing their top 3/5 whatever em is always there. The radio/tv versions of his songs ( the older ones ) ruins it for me. The full uncut versions like on The Marshal Mathers LP ( which went DIAMOND) will never be beaten. I watched an interview with the game ages ago and he was talking about all the top rappers out there wouldn't start a beef with Eminem because lyrically he would destroy anyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMEvWsInGac

The old days with Eminem freestyling, how he never felt intimidated to do it considering he's probably only white guy there I'll never know lol

It shows back then the raw talent he had though.

Edited by ~British Patriot~

That's not the case. Lyrically Eminem is better than anyone, if you ever see the top rappers doing their top 3/5 whatever em is always there. The radio/tv versions of his songs ( the older ones ) ruins it for me. The full uncut versions like on The Marshal Mathers LP ( which went DIAMOND) will never be beaten. I watched an interview with the game ages ago and he was talking about all the top rappers out there wouldn't start a beef with Eminem because lyrically he would destroy anyone.

Not rated much else by him other than Infinite which is going back a good while now, if my memory serves me correctly that came out in '93.

• 4 weeks later...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-XJiiQft_Y

Big puns first verse is just too good, it's torture to try and copy. :lol:

Ready for war Joe, how you wanna blow they spot
I know these dirty cops that'll get us in if we murder some wop
Hop in your Hummer, the Punisher's ready; meet me at Beatles'
with Noodles, we'll do this dude while he's slurpin spaghetti
Everybody kiss the fuckin floor, Joey Crack, buck em all
If they move, Noodles shoot that fuckin whore
Dead in the middle of Little Italy little did we know
that we riddled some middleman who didn't do diddily

What. The. f**k. Was. That?

You owe me 4mins 17 secs, TRS.

You watched it right to the end, so it must have done something for you. ;) The song was mediocre to begin with. However, the woman's contributions propel it to 'excellence'.

If you're looking for a similar vibe, give Bangs a listen. His flow is equally good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJbJs-9ST0

You watched it right to the end, so it must have done something for you. ;) The song was mediocre to begin with. However, the woman's contributions propel it to 'excellence'.

If you're looking for a similar vibe, give Bangs a listen. His flow is equally good. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmJbJs-9ST0

I just watched that Vic O vid again to see if maybe I'd been imagining how bad it was on first view. I hadn't been. I was surprised to see Kevin Bridges make a cameo appearance at 3:12 though.

As for your Bangs video - you can shove that up your fucking arse as well!

Hahah I forgot all about bangs. Absolutely hilarious.

Anyone heard MC Hotwheels?

I just looked him up and got a few different videos.

Is it the fat necked English guy who looks like he's got low level Downs Syndrome or the black American guy in the wheelchair?

• 2 weeks later...