The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

• 2 months later...

Hi all, I work as a researcher at the University of Stirling and as part of a project looking at sports fandom, we are looking to speak to Everton fans.

We’re looking at issues such as why you became a fan and the various aspects of the game which influence your level of “fandom”.

If you’d be willing to take part (there’s a £20 Amazon voucher for your time) send me a DM here and we can arrange.

Cheers

Had a google of 'the Ev' and, as expected, it apparently dates back all the way to 2016, another hilarious invention by the Liverpool fans. It doesn't even sound like the put down it's meant to be, just a  bad nickname. 

5 hours ago, Paul Marnie said:

Hi all, I work as a researcher at the University of Stirling and as part of a project looking at sports fandom, we are looking to speak to Everton fans.

We’re looking at issues such as why you became a fan and the various aspects of the game which influence your level of “fandom”.

If you’d be willing to take part (there’s a £20 Amazon voucher for your time) send me a DM here and we can arrange.

Cheers

Hi Paul,

This used to be a hive of activity with a few  Scottish based fans claiming to support Everton as their ‘big team’, calling them ‘we’ and getting all excited about FA Cup semi finals and top 4 hopes. 

Taking the mickey, 8 years since a Merseyside derby win and general misery across the board they have moved onto other things like skiing. 

Theres only a few still post on here but it’s only about Liverpool. I’d go elsewhere but I’ll probably have been at more Everton games anyway so drop me a message if you think I can help. 

All the best with your research. 

Rab 

Edited by Rab B Nesbit

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 09/03/2018 at 14:16, 7-2 said:

Had a google of 'the Ev' and, as expected, it apparently dates back all the way to 2016, another hilarious invention by the Liverpool fans. It doesn't even sound like the put down it's meant to be, just a  bad nickname. 

It’s meant to be a put down? It’s just a shortening of their name?

I also thought it was something Rab had come up with himself as a nickname.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...