The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

22 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

How has someone just supporting a team managed to get under your skin like this?

I’m not sure HM but I’m a bit worried about him. Seems totally obsessed with Liverpool (I know most Everton fans are and they are massive on here) and me. Red dots flying about like confetti I’ll stick it on the Heads Gone thread. 

27 minutes ago, Rab B Nesbit said:

I’m not sure HM but I’m a bit worried about him. Seems totally obsessed with Liverpool

:huh:

You're one of the biggest contributors in an Everton thread. A bit hypocritical, no?

59 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Searching out a post from 8 (EIGHT) years ago. How has someone just supporting a team managed to get under your skin like this?

That post could have been posted any time in the last 8 years, never mind 8 years ago, tbh...

Ended with reasonable signs of improvement and a bit of cohesion IMO, hopefully can keep a hold of Digne and the two loan players and things may be OK next year.
I doubt they'll be able to keep Gomes and Zouma might depend on Chelsea's transfer ban. He's been pretty decent for Everton, but Sarri apparently wanted to chuck him after one week of training.
There's almost a good team there, but they could potentially lose Zouma, Digne, Gomes and Gueye this summer.

50 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I doubt they'll be able to keep Gomes and Zouma might depend on Chelsea's transfer ban. He's been pretty decent for Everton, but Sarri apparently wanted to chuck him after one week of training.
There's almost a good team there, but they could potentially lose Zouma, Digne, Gomes and Gueye this summer.

Supposedly Spurs are in for Gomes. Makes sense as since Dembele left all their starting deeper mids are runners with lesser technical ability.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Losing Gana is a massive blow, expected to confirm to PSG in the coming days after a medical yesterday.  Unbelievable to see the transition in a player signed from a moribund Aston Villa team turn into a 100+ game lynchpin.  Gutted he's away.

Other news is rising speculation about Wilfried Zaha turning up at Goodison.  He's a player I've loved since I became aware of him, and while I'd love to see him in blue - I can't help but feel there are more priorities required than another expansive forward, really hoping that this isn't a sign that Richarlison is on the way out.

I'd be shocked if Zaha came without Richarlison leaving, and I've not seen much to suggest the latter will.
They still need at least three signings, in my opinion, and a new winger isn't one of them.

17 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Surely Delph is pretty much like for like? 

Yes, but of poorer quality and the same age.  I liked the signing of Delph from a squad perspective - although obviously I'd expect him to see more game time than he did at Manchester City - but as a replacement for Gueye I think it dilutes the quality of the midfield.

Fair enough. Haven't seen too much of the Premier League lately but always thought Gueye had potential and made a good start for us but his head dropped when the results started going badly in about September. They never stopped going badly after that. 

18 minutes ago, Bully Wee Villa said:

Fair enough. Haven't seen too much of the Premier League lately but always thought Gueye had potential and made a good start for us but his head dropped when the results started going badly in about September. They never stopped going badly after that. 

Sounds like Goodison will be a home from home for him then...

And I was starting to get a wee bit optimistic about this season.

• 4 weeks later...