The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

I stay in Liverpool now and have adopted Everton as my unofficial team due to my missus supporting them and her dad working at the club aswell.

Manage to take in a few games a season and get hospitality aswell. Great wee ground and atmosphere at Goodison.

Always see a few Scotland flags in the ground so there must be a connection somewhere.

Things ticking along nicely, another good performance by the look of it on MotD anyway. Hopefully Stoke can do us a favour and make sure we stay in the top four.

McGeady has finally arrived - thoughts? I think it's a good signing - he's at a good age, wouldn't have cost an arm and a leg and provides another option. I'm sure Roberto will be looking at the striking situation too.

You have to imagine he has a striker lined up or at least someone in mind otherwise surely loaning out Jelavic for 6 months would've been a better solution.

There's some talk today about signing Kenwynne Jones... :unsure2:

That seems to just be from someone saying that constantly on a forum, the person that wrote that article has also had us selling Baines to Man United constantly in the past 18 months so I wouldn't say it's believable.

Baines and Barkley look to be signing new contracts soon, which is great news if they do.

That seems to just be from someone saying that constantly on a forum, the person that wrote that article has also had us selling Baines to Man United constantly in the past 18 months so I wouldn't say it's believable.

Baines and Barkley look to be signing new contracts soon, which is great news if they do.

I had just heard on SSN this morning that a player had gone on strike to demand a move to Goodison but had to leave the house before finding out who it was. I wouldn't be surprised to see a striker signed over the course of this window, but tbh I'd have thought Everton were looking for better than Jones - given the fact that Lukaku will probably only stay if they finish top four.

Great news about Baines and Barkley if true...

I had just heard on SSN this morning that a player had gone on strike to demand a move to Goodison but had to leave the house before finding out who it was. I wouldn't be surprised to see a striker signed over the course of this window, but tbh I'd have thought Everton were looking for better than Jones - given the fact that Lukaku will probably only stay if they finish top four.

Great news about Baines and Barkley if true...

I don't think Everton, or indeed Lukaku, will have much choice in that. He's is a stick-on for leaving at the end of the season. His loan will be up, and unless Chelsea have a monumental shit-the-bed moment, they won't send him out again. I doubt Everton could afford to buy him outright, even if Chelsea were interested in selling. He's Drogba mark 2, which made it all the more surprising when Mourinho didn't opt to keep him this season.

He's only been at Chelsea for two and a half years - it would seem strange to sign him on such a short contract.

Ahhh maybe it's next season then. Think he got a 4 year deal.

Absolutely seething. What is wrong with us when we go to Anfield? It's a fucking horrible hoodoo we can't shake off. The passing tonight has been shocking, the defending, my god the defending, has been brutal. Can't blame the injuries for this one, there is absolutely no excuse for it.

Disaster. Got what we deserved.

Where do we start with that? As poor and as gutting as it was, I'm going to try and stay positive. Defensively it was a horror show, no getting away from it. We did miss Distin and Coleman tonight (although I think Stones will be a top player) and when you miss two of your first choice back four, then make basic individual and collective errors against the type of players they have, then you're asking for trouble. Losing Lukaku is a worry as we're short of cover up front while you could see that Pienaar wasn't fit, and I'm sure only played given what happened to Bryan Oviedo.

But on the upside, the team at least kept going right to the end, Mirallas ran his heart out and Barkley coming back was a bonus - he did well tonight. As disappointing as it is, it's only our third league defeat of the season and probably the first time we've been really poor under Roberto. I have no doubt the team will be itching to bounce back on Saturday.

But you can't make defensive mistakes like that against front players like Suarez and Sturridge and expect to get away with it.