The Official Thread for Everton FC

jamamafegan

Watched the Real Madrid game in the early hours, we lost 2-1. 2-0 down at half time thanks to Ronaldo and Ozil, Jelavic scored in the second half. Distin had a perfectly good goal disallowed for a foul just before they went 2-0 up, and Fellaini hit the post in the first half. Could also have had a penalty. But I was impressed with the team - they tried to pass the ball and play at pace - effectively, play Madrid at their own game. Of course their superior quality meant they created more chances on the break, but I was thoroughly encouraged by Everton.

pretty much mirroring my thoughts there. thought we played some nice football for the most part. No ides what the Distin goal was chopped off for, and their second goal which was less than a minute later would subsequently have never materialised.

Thought Coleman and Mirallas were excellent on the right and Jelavic once again came on at half time and proved a class above what he replaced. Kone this time, Vellios last. Osman and Fellaini were solid in amongst good quality of the Madrid midfield. Lots of positives.

Edited by Christophe

Yeah, Jelavic did well again and I believe it'd be a mistake to sell him. He's been playing really well pre-season. Agree about Coleman and Mirallas, and, dare I say it, I thought Naismith had a decent game too.

Happy with what I've seen from the team so far!

• 2 weeks later...

Barkley was awesome today, Fellaini too. Should have scored about 5 with the chances we had but i'm not too worried as i had a suspicion Norwich might've shaded it today, so happy with the point. Really need Jelavic back to his initial form though as the way Martinez has us playing we are creating a LOT of chances. Happy enough.

Apparently we were excellent today and should've won, but a point away at Norwich where we've not got the best record is pretty decent. Barkley was seemingly excellent which is great to hear - really hope he kicks on. Looking forward to watching the highlights. COYB!

I'd take £50m the pair, the offer made was indeed ridiculous. £20m Baines, £30m Fellaini and it's a deal.

£20 million for Baines is not enough. Look at all the english player going for mega bucks, i.e henderson and carroll to lolverpool. 35 million for Carroll of course. Baines is a better player than Carroll. In this day and age, he is worth more than 20 million.

i don't diasgree with any of that, but market price projects further for forwards than full backs. And Baines is 28, Henderson was what, 21, when Liverpool signed him. We're not going to get much more than that for a 28 year-old full back i'm afraid to say.

plus the two examples you give were brainfarts in the extreme by Dogleash and should not be used as a yardstick in any sane and sensible world.

Edited by Christophe

Moyes is rapidly losing my respect. His antics over Baines / Fellaini are leaving a sour taste.

Anyway, West Brom today and Roberto's first home league game. Confident of a win if the team play as they did against Norwich. COYB.

• 2 weeks later...

Fellaini & Anichebe: out.

Lukaku, McCarthy & Barry: in.

Delighted Lukaku has signed, I think he could be a top player for us. 13 million was a lot for McCarthy, not sure what to make of that. Barry, again, not so sure. Nice wad of money though for Fellaini. The big man will be missed, have many fond memories of him. Someone will need to become the teams next "tough guy" now!

Thought I should also mention that the club is currently holding a survey over the club crest, giving the fans the chance to say what type of badge it is they want. I'm not sure what I want tbh. The new one has grown on me slightly, but I reckon it would look far better with the wreaths, instead of the "18" and "78", on either side of a better looking tower - completed with a banner style thing just overlapping the the bottom tip of the crest with "Nil Satis Nisi Optimum" on it. I reckon this could give the badge a more simplistic look but still manage to display the clubs heritage in a neat fashion.