6 ---> G

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could always do it in a shop, I guess

Or Betfair, although it's been reported recently that even they have closed a few accounts that have seen a substancial profit within a short space of time which if true is pretty sickening.

Lambie, if your mates have given you money for this are you doing it as a £100 bet rather than £20 to start with (or whatever amount the cumulative total your mates have given you is)? What bookie are you using, as from what I've heard most will be blocking your account or limiting how much you can put on even after only a few moderately large wins like you have had.

3 guys in work gave me a fiver and I used £15 of my own cash so started out with £30 this time.

I do it on Paddy Power who I have had an account with for years. Although I'd never bet anything like the big gingles I was towards the end of my first streak but they paid out no bother. I already withdrew that one.

Lumped it all on Morton and Arsenal (-1) souble today.

I've heard about bookies limiting big players but I always assumed that was people betting thousands? The £1250 I withdrew will be a drop in the ocean for one of the biggest online bookies surely?

3 guys in work gave me a fiver and I used £15 of my own cash so started out with £30 this time.

I do it on Paddy Power who I have had an account with for years. Although I'd never bet anything like the big gingles I was towards the end of my first streak but they paid out no bother. I already withdrew that one.

Lumped it all on Morton and Arsenal (-1) souble today.

I've heard about bookies limiting big players but I always assumed that was people betting thousands? The £1250 I withdrew will be a drop in the ocean for one of the biggest online bookies surely?

You'd be surprised. I post on another forum where a guy that had mainly been a losing punter (in the region of £50 per month) and after two decent sized wins (£1000+) within a short space of time, Hills closed his account. Not sure why because as you say that is simply a drop in the ocean for a massive high steet bookies, perhaps they thought he had come up with a full proof formula.

And Dave, even with commission on Betfair, more often than not you're getting the best price. For instance, a £100 single on Everton today at Betfair returns £208, minus commission is £202.60. Best price on Hills is evens, so you're still up compared to a high street bookie.

You'd be surprised. I post on another forum where a guy that had mainly been a losing punter (in the region of £50 per month) and after two decent sized wins (£1000+) within a short space of time, Hills closed his account. Not sure why because as you say that is simply a drop in the ocean for a massive high steet bookies, perhaps they thought he had come up with a full proof formula.

And Dave, even with commission on Betfair, more often than not you're getting the best price. For instance, a £100 single on Everton today at Betfair returns £208, minus commission is £202.60. Best price on Hills is evens, so you're still up compared to a high street bookie.

I assume you can withdraw your cash though? Ie you bet £500 and win £1,000, the bookies have had enough of you and decide to stop you using them, you can still take out the £1,000 right, they can't keep your winnings can they?

I assume you can withdraw your cash though? Ie you bet £500 and win £1,000, the bookies have had enough of you and decide to stop you using them, you can still take out the £1,000 right, they can't keep your winnings can they?

Reputable ones (not BWin) do.

Betfair 'til I die.

With most sites yes, it isn't a problem. They will let you take your winnings but will either seriously restrict your maximum stake (a big favourite on 365) or just close your account. At the end of the day, a bookie is there to make money so doesn't want you taking a decent chunk out within a short space of time.

If you want a good example of a bookie taking your bet but keeping your winnings, just type in Bwin complaints on Google. I had my account closed by them a few years back for having the audacity of winning around £300 from a double. Think I got the money back in the end. but it was a royal pain in the arse.

Surely it is not in Betfairs best interests to close winning accounts? Thats where they make their money from. They need people on the site to be winning as for every winner there is also a loser.

It shouldn't be, no. I play a lot of poker on Betfair as I like the set up on there and it's normally regular players on there so you get to know how certain players play their hand. I play sit and go, double or nothing (either $33 or $54 a game normally) and it pays the top five players. It's not double or nothing though, the extra $3 or $4 goes to Betfair. Ten players in a game, it certainly adds up.

I'm surprised it took them as long as it did to introduce an In Play tool bar at the top of the home page. Of course they want you to cash out of a bet, it means they get double the commission.

When you sit down and think about it, it's actually quite scary how much power Betfair actually have. I've looked at moving some of my lays over to BetDAQ and just now finding the liquidity is easy enough (I'm not a massive stake punter) but I'll be looking to move into that sort of bracket within the next three to five years so I'm sort of stuck when it comes to that. If people are losing a massive amount of their earnings just now it doesn't bode well for people like me looking to move into the market.

With most sites yes, it isn't a problem. They will let you take your winnings but will either seriously restrict your maximum stake (a big favourite on 365) or just close your account. At the end of the day, a bookie is there to make money so doesn't want you taking a decent chunk out within a short space of time.

If you want a good example of a bookie taking your bet but keeping your winnings, just type in Bwin complaints on Google. I had my account closed by them a few years back for having the audacity of winning around £300 from a double. Think I got the money back in the end. but it was a royal pain in the arse.

It shouldn't be, no. I play a lot of poker on Betfair as I like the set up on there and it's normally regular players on there so you get to know how certain players play their hand. I play sit and go, double or nothing (either $33 or $54 a game normally) and it pays the top five players. It's not double or nothing though, the extra $3 or $4 goes to Betfair. Ten players in a game, it certainly adds up.

I'm surprised it took them as long as it did to introduce an In Play tool bar at the top of the home page. Of course they want you to cash out of a bet, it means they get double the commission.

When you sit down and think about it, it's actually quite scary how much power Betfair actually have. I've looked at moving some of my lays over to BetDAQ and just now finding the liquidity is easy enough (I'm not a massive stake punter) but I'll be looking to move into that sort of bracket within the next three to five years so I'm sort of stuck when it comes to that. If people are losing a massive amount of their earnings just now it doesn't bode well for people like me looking to move into the market.

whit mate?

£20 on

Plymouth v Port Vale (19/20)

2-0 win returns me £39.

Looking at

Palermo v Inter Milan at Evens

Inter Milan (-1) v Trabzonspor at 23/20.

Palermo are rank but I haven't seen much of Inter so I might just leave it until Wednesday.

I...kind of started this yesterday...won £60 on an accy, so stuck £30 quid on Napoli last night at evens which took me to £60, stuck £60 on Inter tonight at 11/10 so if that comes up will take me to £126....here's hoping Inter do palermo tonight.

I'm not much of a gambler, i can see myself shitting out at £126 if it comes up tonight.

Well b*****ding useless inter just bust my first attempt at the grand. Was my 3rd bet and had 85 pound on it.:(

Prob start again with the champions league this week

Snap.....fucking Inter.....

Archived