Team Vs Italy

Guest Astrobairn

Guest Astrobairn

OK, what would you pick as the team? I'd go for,

4-3-2-1

Gordon,Telfer,Naysmith,Webster,Anderson,Ferguson,McNamara(if fit), Quashie, Riordan, McFadden, O'Connor?

Any opinions? I still can't believe Telfer is a regular Premiership starter and doesn't get in the squad.

OK, what would you pick as the team? I'd go for,

4-3-2-1

Gordon,Telfer,Naysmith,Webster,Anderson,Ferguson,McNamara(if fit), Quashie, Riordan, McFadden, O'Connor?

Any opinions? I still can't believe Telfer is a regular Premiership starter and doesn't get in the squad.

I'm sure he said he didn't want to play for Scotland ages and ages ago... :unsure:

Never heard of Telfer. Ferguson doesn't give a shit about Scotland. Replace him with big Christian Dailly and put Martyn Corrigan at right back.

I'll give you Corrigan but you're way off the mark with Ferguson. He's the only one who's shown any improvement in his game in the last year or so and believe me I used to be one of his harshest critics. I suspect you're not going to like this but quite frankly I'd bin McFudden. One trick pony who, if anything, has got slower, skinnier and more interested in his own press than he is in just getting on with the job. Can't remember the last time he actually got by someone or put a decent cross in. Thing is who do you bring in? Would've been nice to bring in McGeady, but hey that's another can of worms.

Reports I've heard suggest Riordan hasn't been playing well at all in the last few games for Hibs. O'Connor has been their main man.

A wise decision I feel, to much pressure on the lad is not a good thing.

Given the squad that has been chosen, the withdrawls from it, and using Sir Alex Ferguson's philosiphy that if you're good enough, you're old enough, I'd go for...

Gk - Craig Gordon

RWB - Jackie McNamara

LWB - Gary Naysmith

CB - Andy Webster

CB - Steven Pressley

CB - David Weir

MC - Paul Hartley

MC - Barry Ferguson

MC - Nigel Quashie

FC - Derek Riordan (call him up as a replacement for Faddy or Dickov)

FC - Garry O'Connor

Guaranteed we will play 4-5-1 so might as well pick team for that formation.

GK - Douglas

LB - Naysmith

RB - McNamara

CB - Weir

CB - Pressley

LM - McCann

RM - McCulloch (think he plays there for wigan and has scored goals)

CM - Ferguson

CM - Quashie

CM - Hartley

CF - O'Connor

Guaranteed we will play 4-5-1 so might as well pick team for that formation.

GK - Douglas

LB - Naysmith

RB - McNamara

CB - Weir

CB - Pressley

LM - McCann 

RM - McCulloch (think he plays there for wigan and has scored goals)

CM - Ferguson

CM - Quashie

CM - Hartley

CF - O'Connor

438932[/snapback]

Just look at the state of that team - how shite are we? :(

Guest gretnabhoy7
Just look at the state of that team - how shite are we?  :(

439025[/snapback]

4 5 1 for me as well

Gk Douglas

Df Anderson

Df Weir

Df Webster

Df Naysmith

Mf Ferguson

Mf Mcnamara

Mf Hartley

Mf Quashie

Mf Maloney

Fw O Connor

and what a change it is!! quite a big jodi albert fan myself lyk!

---------------Douglas

Caldwell Webster* Wier Naysmith

---------------McNamara

Hartley Quahsie Feguson McCulloch**

----------------O'Connor

*Prefer Webster to Pressley as with wier in thier, we cant have two old slow centre backs or we'll get murderd and Webster has never dissapointed.

**McCulloch instead of McCann because Neil hasnt played too much recently while McCulloch is playing week in week out, for a championship team about to clinch promotion, playing left wing and scoring goals. All the others are quite self explainatry

and what a change it is!! quite a big jodi albert fan myself lyk!

---------------Douglas

Caldwell  Webster*  Wier  Naysmith

---------------McNamara

Hartley  Quahsie  Feguson  McCulloch**

----------------O'Connor

*Prefer Webster to Pressley as with wier in thier, we cant have two old slow centre backs or we'll get murderd and Webster has never dissapointed.

**McCulloch instead of McCann because Neil hasnt played too much recently while McCulloch is playing week in week out, for a championship team about to clinch promotion, playing left wing and scoring goals. All the others are quite self explainatry

439202[/snapback]

I dont think caldwell should play at right back. Maybe some of the criticism has been over the top but while he is solid enough in defence he offers nothing goin forward. Not saying our full backs will exactly be bombing forward but they at least need to have some potential to do so. Also, hartley on the right does not make sense for me. He has been effective for hearts making runs from central midfield and scoring goals.

Does it really matter? Look at the names available, not a true footballer amongst them. All struggle with the basics and before you jump in with your "Shut up, he's great...", and similar replies wait and see what happens on Saturday. You'll see tactically inept, technically poor and physically pathetic specimens masquerading as 'professional' footballers. Watch the passing, control, fitness, awareness etc. Davie Weir, why the f*ck do we want that whingeing fud back?! Boo-hoo, Berti said it was my fault against the Faroes! Watch the game Davie, it was you incompetent, slow fud!

Prepare for a pumping.

Still a Scotland fan through and through but also a realist.

Does it really matter?  Look at the names available, not a true footballer amongst them.  All struggle with the basics and before you jump in with your "Shut up, he's great...", and similar replies wait and see what happens on Saturday.  You'll see tactically inept, technically poor and physically pathetic specimens masquerading as 'professional' footballers.  Watch the passing, control, fitness, awareness etc.  Davie Weir, why the f*ck do we want that whingeing fud back?!  Boo-hoo, Berti said it was my fault against the Faroes!  Watch the game Davie, it was you incompetent, slow fud!

Prepare for a pumping.

Still a Scotland fan through and through but also a realist.

440596[/snapback]

Yup, we are pish. But there's always a wee chance, that's the beauty of football. Chin up fella! ;)

I may be the ultimate optimist but i dont think the team is as bad as it is being made out to be. I would say that we have as good a selection of players as wales for example. They may have a few big names but i think our overall squad is about the same. They expect to do well while many scotland fans are all doom and gloom. I reckon we can sneak a 1-1 draw on saturday. Thats confidence for you!

I may be the ultimate optimist but i dont think the team is as bad as it is being made out to be. I would say that we have as good a selection of players as wales for example. They may have a few big names but i think our overall squad is about the same. They expect to do well while many scotland fans are all doom and gloom. I reckon we can sneak a 1-1 draw on saturday. Thats confidence for you!

440680[/snapback]

Better optimistic than pessimistic. ;)

If the bigger and better team won every week in football, no-one would go.

Hopefully Walter will at least have them well organised, and whop knows, maybe we can sneak a goal at one of the set pieces they've been working on all week. ;)

Archived