Champ 5

Guest Psycho_FFC

Out on Fri? In 2 minds if I am going to buy it or not. I can't see it surpassing FM in terms of gameplay.

It almost certainly won't - this is Eidos' first attempt at a solo football management game, and I recokn it'll be a complete flop. SI Games are probably about 4 or 5 steps ahead at the moment, and Eidos will have to do something special to produce a game which can compete with SI.

The best chance of success that Eidos have is to hope that people get confused by the Football Manager / Championship Manager name changes :unsure:

I'd heard a rumour that SI were going to re release Football Manager, complete with data updated and patches, to coincide with the release of Championship Manager! Don't think they will though.

Can't believe all the people on the CM forum who believe it'll be better just because it has the same name.

Guest Psycho_FFC

I can't see it coming out on the PS2 to be honest with you. The only advantage CM has is the name. I don't know what their marketing team are playing at as both games should have been released so they could have went head to head with each other. Everyones went out and bought FM because there was nothing else around and to bring a game out at this time of year is a bit pointless in my opinion with the new season vast approaching.

I can't see it coming out on the PS2 to be honest with you. The only advantage CM has is the name. I don't know what their marketing team are playing at as both games should have been released so they could have went head to head with each other. Everyones went out and bought FM because there was nothing else around and to bring a game out at this time of year is a bit pointless in my opinion with the new season vast approaching.

i was thinking, all manager games for the PS2 dont have the diverse database that the pc versions have, so mayby ps3 at the earliest for a good console management game?

Guest Psycho_FFC
i was thinking, all manager games for the PS2 dont have the diverse database that the pc versions have, so mayby ps3 at the earliest for a good console management game?

Could be right which means another 2 or 3 years by the sounds of things. They have also came out and said they are not making anymore for the XBox either so you may be right.

Guest Psycho_FFC
X-Box 2 is set for a November launch, PS3 next year, so not too far away

You know what these things are like though. Bearing mind they are not yet launched in Japan makes me think that there is no way that either console will be launched in 2005.

You know what these things are like though. Bearing mind they are not yet launched in Japan makes me think that there is no way that either console will be launched in 2005.

Suppose but PS3 is to be playable at this years E3 (april i think it is)

I don't know what their marketing team are playing at as both games should have been released so they could have went head to head with each other.

IMO a very good indication of what codfish said. Eidos are way behind SI in term of development.

CM was scheduled for release last year, possibly even before FM5, but its been put back and back and back. SI got their shit together and got the game out.

Its highly unlikely that the extra dev time will have made any difference though. CM will still suck ;)

Archived