Grand Theft Auto V

This game is on another level.

Not got into any of the missions as such (done the first 3) and then just drove around. Had one of those moments when driving back into the city in the dark, came over the crest and was greeted with the lights and glow of the city. Stopped the car just to admire the scene for a while before driving off again.

Can't wait till the weekend when I hit full geek mode and go for some long sessions of gaming. There was nothing on this weekend anyway.

A wee glitch I came across today was when I drove my car in to a port-a-cabin and pressed Y to get out.

I got out of the car at the front and couldn't get past the car to escape the cabin. Tried everything and had to end up shooting the f**k out of my car until it exploded so I'd die.

Refused to put this game on when I finished work at 10pm as I know I'd still be playing it at around 4am. I'll get a wee blast before going out to work tomorrow. :D

Edited by Andy C

I'm loving the game so far although I haven't done many missions. Had a lot of fun with the golf and tennis mini-games in particular. After an unsuccessful attempt at stealing a plane from the airport, I flew the blimp up near the top of one of the huge mountains but a cougar killed me before I could reach the peak. :(

It seems so out of place. Rockstar were getting a bit too Saints Row for their own good there.

I was pissing myself at it to be honest. Improved the shooting skill too so can't knock it.

I just stopped for the night, it hurts to stop. Not done much exploring yet, I've been focusing on the missions just to build up a bit of a knowledge of the map so I kind of know my way around the city before going mental with exploring.

If there's one thing I've learned today it's that, even after 9 years since San Andreas, I am still fucking shite at landing a plane.

This game is incredible. I'm your ''generally only interested in FIFA barring the odd exception'' type of guy but this has to be the best game I've ever played. I'm going to Amsterdam tomorrow, a place full of all the drugs and whores a bored 21 year old could ask for, no sneaking into my son's room to take a hit of his bong or knocking out ladies of the night in the back alley though :P

Been playing this all day, truly tremendous. Trevor is a fucking loon, very entertaining, tho I haven't had the difficulty in its his missions that others have reported.

Raided the military base and got away with a fighter jet, tried to stash it in a hangar but it broke down on me.

Customising guns/cars is fucking brilliant! Already made myself a Chavvy Sultan RS for a bit of old school.

The attention to detail and the sheer scale of the map is simply amazing, how they got it to run so well on such old consoles is beyond me.

The preorder blimp is a excellent laugh!

Won't post any spoilers obviously, but the main thing that makes this game better than previous GTAs is the variety of the missions. Simply superb. Excellent story as well.

Btw, did anyone else notice when they went to the Lifeinvaders building the icon on the computer that said "Farmed user data"? Hahaha, so good.

Could play this all night but forcing myself to bed now.

Edited by Guest