Grand Theft Auto V

Nah. Installed the first disc to the hard drive, and been playing off the "play" disc.

It's crashed over 10 times now, it clearly isn't going to work anytime soon. I'll try an external hard drive later on. If it still fucks up then I've clearly been given a duff disc and the game will be getting shipped back off to Amazon.

An update if any one cares;

Installed disc 1 on external hard drive and played disc 2 - crashed.

Installed disc 1 on HDD and installed disc 2 on external hardrive and played from that - crashed

Discs are clearly a load of fucking shite. Getting returned the morra. Amazon and/or Rockstar better have a grovelling apology for me.

A pal's thoughts on the matter :lol:

Just bought GTA5. So glad it's set in Dundee. Just completed the mission when you have to chore 8 cans of super from the riverside tesco and get it to Fintry In 15 minutes. Next up, you have to tan 8 swedgers then sign on at the job centre. Great game.

Just sweated nearly 6 hours straight and have had to pull myself away from it. Was just at the bit where you can go Trevor. Just switched it off and now I can't remember the last time I saved :lol:

shit I didn't even think about this, will it not save as you complete missions?? I turned it off to watch the football without even thinking about saving it. Shit, hopefully not 5 hours wasted!

It auto saves after every mission when you get the % of mission complete screen.

That's what I thought, Kevs comment just made me have a moment of panic.

Love the game so far, all the Scottish references are fantastic. The ship called Dignity was a highlight for me for some reason. The police are pretty hard to get away from and really don't take no shit. Gunned down for punching someone on the street seems a bit harsh.

I double checked the auto save before I switched off my PS3 after my first spell of gameplay this morning but I was still terrified it would punt me back to the prologue mission when I put it back on this afternoon.