Grand Theft Auto V

Doesn't work even with the external hard drive or USB? Or do you mean doesn't work with the internal hard drive? Because I think it's the original model - it's fucking ancient.

I'll go buy a USB or hard drive at some point then. Gutted. Got a week off next week and this needs played!

Doesn't work at all on some original consoles, regardless of the hard drive or USB or whatever.

Have you ever had to send it back to Microsoft for repair? That seems to be another common theme with the 360 crashing issue.

5 pages worth of peope with the exact problem here. :thumbsdown

http://gtaforums.com/topic/594765-xbox-360-game-keeps-freezing-on-franklins-1st-mission/

Edited by Slim Charles

Saw that thread you posted Slim, that's the exact same problem I'm having. Someone said: "My current Xbox console isn't my original one, but the one that Microsoft provided when my first one died due to Red Ring. It is an early generation version; it has no HDMI port.". That's the exact same as my console. And I'm freezing at the same point - well, just a little before him. Someone said they exchanged for a new copy, didn't work, someone said they put the disc on a flash drive, didn't work. Looks like it's the Xbox's problem then and I'd need to replace it. Short term solution, I'll do a swap with my brothers, there's no chance I'm buying a new Xbox though...

Truck, high speed, dodge the tank, and straight to the chopper before they can respond. And keep it low when escaping and thier rockets will miss

As simple as that. :thumsup2

Now I'm trying to nick the sub.I manage to infiltrate the boat and release the sub. I then died after jumping head first overboard onto the top of the sub. :lol:

Yep same with me. Sent mine off to repair, and was sent back a new one instead.

Only hope I think is that they release a patch. They're completely ignoring the issue at the minute though, so could take a while, if it ever does happen.

This guy sums it up nicely:

Moral of the story?
Don't be an early adopter?? We were burned first with the RROD, now it looks like we are getting burned at the end of the 360 life cycle with GTA GATE. Think about that before rushing to get a PS4/XB1.
I'm distraught. :(

No, your console is the problem. Your copy of the game will play fine on other 360 consoles.

It's not a disc issue, so obviously it will work.

No, Rockstar designing a game that doesn't work on certain consoles is the problem. Unless I missed the system requirements notice on the box, it absolutely is their problem.

It's like red dead when a wee dot appears and it can be someone getting mugged or a car theft or something. I was involved in a massive shoutout over two briefcases which was pretty cool.

Cool. Makes it a little more interesting I suppose. Should be picking this up over the weekend so can't wait to dive into it myself :D

As simple as that. :thumsup2

Now I'm trying to nick the sub.I manage to infiltrate the boat and release the sub. I then died after jumping head first overboard onto the top of the sub. :lol:

I fired from the dock, then left in after it. I fucking love the sub, apart from the map and characters it's my favorite thing about the game so far

It's like red dead when a wee dot appears and it can be someone getting mugged or a car theft or something. I was involved in a massive shoutout over two briefcases which was pretty cool.

I was taken hostage in a robbery at suburban. I then chased the guy down. Killed him then took his money and bought every item in the shop :lol

I didn't say there was one :huh:

It's still your xbox, your problem.

So why isn't there one then? If you need to have certain system requirements to run the game, why was the game issued without a notice of these requirements? Rockstar's failure to make users aware of these requirements before buying the game makes them liable.

I haven't had anything that big, just a couple of muggers stealing purses. I'm sure the idea was that we'd go all old-school-chivalrous and get out the car, chase the ruffian down the street and administer some street justice.

Instead I chased him down erratically in a truck, and then painted the wall with him. Got the purse back though. Problem solved.

I agree though, the random stuff is very cool - I think it's the feeling they were trying to get with IV, but never quite managed it. Seems like they've nailed it here though.

Also, has anyone had conversations with drivers stopped in their cars yet? I can't remember what I pressed but when a car pulled up at the lights with three passengers I started remonstrating with the driver. Exchanged a few insults, an American square go, and then the guy got out the car and pulled a gun on me. Thankfully, the flying super punch (I love just running and punching bystanders in the head, it's oddly satisfying) decked him in one punch, and the car was mine.

I'm ignoring all the side stuff and firing through the main story. I've done 39 out of 65 missions so far.

The cops are fairly unforgiving eh? Those fuckers don't give up easily.