Grand Theft Auto V

I'm about to start the second heist. I made the grave error of not paying attention to Lester about the 2 ways of doing it so I just chose one at random and have no idea what I need to do.

I'm spoiler dodging at the moment, as I don't think I've managed to get as far as some on here. I've only managed probably four hours total on the game, so just about to start the first heist (haven't met Franklin yet).

First impressions

the meh

- the graphics aren't as good as I thought they'd be when I first switched it on. Now I can see I'm being a bit irrational, given the level of detail there is. Is there that Rockstar face mapping thing from LA Noire in this? I thought that was meant to give you different expressions? Each character seems to pick one and stick to it.

- ...and that's about it

the good

- pretty much everything else

- I went on a bit of a drive with Franklin and hit the coast of the big lake closest to the city, so I've only really seen about...30%? Maybe even less than that. The scale is massive. Still disappointing that there's some buildings you can't go into but can't have everything

- Underwater looks amazing. I went for a swim to a strange looking island, then found out it had absolutely nothing on it (raging) but the swim, although slow, was the best part. Looking forward to exploring more of the sea bed once I get to diving.

- The golf and tennis games are pretty much good enough standalone games. Sure they aren't too detailed, but they're a good enough timewaster, especially the tennis.

- The shooting feels like it should. They've clearly borrowed massively from Max Payne, and that's a good thing IMO. Cover is also very important - it's less easy to go on an Arnie rampage and take out most of a police force. No cover means pretty quick death, which is how it should be.

- Grabbing a jerry can and starting fires has endless possibilities - yet to try most, but I have blown up a petrol station. As you do.

- Driving seems better than IV, although bikes seem too easy to control now, especially on braking. It's still remarkably easy to go flying off them though, which is always annoying/fun in equal measures

There's probably way more but...christ this is a good game.

I'm about to start the second heist. I made the grave error of not paying attention to Lester about the 2 ways of doing it so I just chose one at random and have no idea what I need to do.

I've stupidly gone for the 'offshore' option on that heist and have no idea how I'm meant to get the cargo helicopter from the military base. :lol:

Any attempt to enter the base ends up in insta-death. :(

I've stupidly gone for the 'offshore' option on that heist and have no idea how I'm meant to get the cargo helicopter from the military base. :lol:

Any attempt to enter the base ends up in insta-death. :(

Truck, high speed, dodge the tank, and straight to the chopper before they can respond. And keep it low when escaping and thier rockets will miss

I went for the freight option and heisted like a pro.

Edit - Onto the 3rd heist. I bought a monkey mask for one of them to wear. Can you guess who's wearing it?

Edited by TheScarf

I've just got it this morning, installed, went to play, and 3 seconds in I'm getting hit with...

"Alert. The game was restarted due to a problem with the storage device where the game data was installed."

Wtf? :(

Has this happened to anyone else?

Are you installing the correct disc?

If you are delete it and re-install it again.

Aye installing disc 1 which takes about 15-20 minutes. Then it says insert disc 2, which just goes to "loading story mode" at the bottom right, but then pops up with "install complete" after a while. A mate's told me not to install the second disc, but it's not giving me an option not to. Bizarre. I've deleted everything and tried re-installing about three times now, f**k all's happening. Maybe my hard drive's goosed, but I want to be able to try it without installing the data on disc 2 to see if that works...