Scots Squad

Bryan

Squad: Douglas (Celtic), Gordon (Hearts)

Anderson (Aberdeen), Caldwell (Hibernian), McNamara (Celtic), McNamee (Livingston), Naysmith (Everton), Pressley (Hearts), Webster (Hearts), Weir (Everton)

Ferguson (Rangers), Hartley (Hearts), McCann (Southampton), McCulloch (Wigan), O'Neil (Preston), Quashie (Southampton)

Crawford (Dundee Utd), Dickov (Blackburn), McFadden (Everton), Miller (Wolves), O'Connor (Hibernian), Thompson (Rangers).

Riordan will join up with the full squad after the under-21 game

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Walter likes 352 so i think the team will be

GK Douglas

RWB McNamara

LWB Naysmith

RCB Weir

CB Pressley

LCB Webster

RCM Hartley

CM Ferguson

LCM Quashie

CF Dickov

CF O'Connor

Brian O'Neill??? No Riordan in the full squad??? 2 Keepers???

Needless to say the squad hasn't impressed me all that much <_<

Derek Riordan has not been great the last month.

David Marshall and Derek Riordan return to the Under 21s to gain international experience

Marshall will no doubt join the full team after that game.

Derek Riordan has not been great the last month.

True but it is still a disgrace he is not in the full squad. He is one of the country best talents. Stevie Crawford is SHITE. Should not be anywhere near the squad. thompson isnt much better.

True but it is still a disgrace he is not in the full squad. He is one of the country best talents. Stevie Crawford is SHITE. Should not be anywhere near the squad. thompson isnt much better.

he is joining it after the u21 game

Guest Teso Dos Bichos
Squad: Douglas (Celtic), Gordon (Hearts)

Anderson (Aberdeen), Caldwell (Hibernian), McNamara (Celtic), McNamee (Livingston), Naysmith (Everton), Pressley (Hearts), Webster (Hearts), Weir (Everton)

Ferguson (Rangers), Hartley (Hearts), McCann (Southampton), McCulloch (Wigan), O'Neil (Preston), Quashie (Southampton)

Crawford (Dundee Utd), Dickov (Blackburn), McFadden (Everton), Miller (Wolves), O'Connor (Hibernian), Thompson (Rangers).

Riordan will join up with the full squad after the under-21 game

Why is Caldwell included? No offence to the guy, but surely we have enough options to cover the right side and in the centre? I would have rather picked another left-sided defensive player or added another defensive midfielder.

Would go with this:

4-3-3

GK: Gordon

RB: McNamara

CB: Weir

CB: Pressley

LB: Naysmith

RM: Hartley

CM: Ferguson

LM: Quashie

RF: Dickov

CF: O'Connor

LF: McFadden

We can't play 4-3-3 with Hartley in there, the midfield will be overrun as Hartley is too attack minded.

It's got to be 3-5-2 or even 4-5-1

Guest Teso Dos Bichos

.......................Douglas

.....McNamee Weir Pressley Naysmith

....................McNamara

........Ferguson............Quashie

......................Hartley

................Dickov McFadden

I am not impressed with this squad at all, but that is who I would play.

I do not think Gordon has the experience for this type of game, so Douglas would get my shout (did Gordon have the flu recently?). Weir will obviously play and Pressley is the most experienced partner for him. Naysmith is an obvious pick being the only left-back in the squad. I would play McNamee at right back over the other options or the likes of Caldwell, who I do not rate at all. We need midfield protection, so McNamara will be required to sit and protect the back four. Ferguson and Quashie are obvious midfield starters and I would give Hartley the shout to give us some creativity. Dickov and McFadden are the best options up front in my opinion. :(

Dickov and McFadden are the best options up front in my opinion. :(

Aye and McFadden almost certainly wont be fit to play according to Davie Moyes! Riordan should have been in the main squad and none of this nonsense about him joining up after the under 21 game. He might not have been great for the last month but Crawford hasnt been great for the last 10 years! Just the kind of squad I expected from Smith to be honest but he'll still be better than Berti.

And Milan will be a good laugh.

Now realizing McFadden is out, I would switch to 4-4-2 and play:

GK: Gordon

RB: McNamara

CB: Weir

CB: Pressley

LB: Naysmith

RM: Hartley

CM: Ferguson

CM: Quashie

LM: McCann

ST: Dickov