• Created
  • Last Reply
Guest poka dot

-------------Douglas----------------

----McNamee---Webster----Pressley----Naysmith----

-------------------McNamara---------------------------

----Hartley <_< ---Ferguson--Quashie----McCann----

------------------------Thompson----------------------

fucking gary caldwell and stevie fuckin crawford???

Gary Caldwell has been one of Scotland's most consistent players, if not the most consistent, over the last year. Pisses me off when people come on here slagging him off, when either they're stupid or they don't watch all the games.

Walter likes 352 so i think the team will be

GK Douglas

RWB McNamara

LWB Naysmith

RCB Weir

CB Pressley

LCB Webster

RCM Hartley

CM Ferguson

LCM Quashie

CF Dickov

CF O'Connor

i think you're probably right, certainly now that faddy is out...

and yes, marshall joins the squad after thr U21 game as well.

i don't think the squad is as bad as is being made out, its certainly not 86th in the world or whatever depth it is we've plummeted to lately, and its certainly not as bad as some of berit's, graeme murty anyone??!!

bit concerned that o'neil is the squad, he's a bit of a bombscare and a craig brown favourite - nuff said... :(

Walter likes 352 so i think the team will be

GK Douglas

RWB McNamara

LWB Naysmith

RCB Weir

CB Pressley

LCB Webster

RCM Hartley

CM Ferguson

LCM Quashie

CF Dickov

CF O'Connor

Having Dailly, Fletcher and McFadden out is a nightmare. On the Brian O'Neil call-up, apparently he's been playing very well for Preston NE in a midfield role. :ph34r: I'm sure that Smith will go with something similar to Bryan's team but might play McNamara ahead of Hartley in midfield. He'll be looking to his defensive abilities in midfield rather than Hartley. Up front, I'm sure that Dickov will start. Alongside him, I'm not sure. I'd give O'Connor his chance.

Where is everyone getting McFadden is out. Everton's website says he might play for them on Sunday. ;)

Davie Moyes said last night he believed McFadden would have to be considered "doubtful" for the Italy game.

On the evidence of the recent Sheff Utd - Arsenal cup tie Andy Gray is a far better striker than Crawford, Miller or Thomson.

Where is everyone getting McFadden is out. Everton's website says he might play for them on Sunday. ;)

This is from last night;

Everton forward James McFadden is already a likely withdrawal from the Scotland squad named on Tuesday for the 26 March World Cup meeting with Italy.

Club manager David Moyes told BBC Sport: "Unfortunately, James McFadden has a hamstring injury and is a very big doubt for the game."

Was just gonna make 1 comment, how many of you have watched Brian Oneill play? i presume since he is in the squad he has had a great season for Preston, and Walter would have watched him a few times.

Lets just see how it goes............ not the best first game but you never know.

I'm sure the guy can't be any worse than McFudden who has gone backwards instead of up and up since the Daily Record made him a star.

The Daily Record made him a star? I thought that it was all the goals he scored and the performances he put in as a teenager for Motherwell. What exactly are you expecting from him? Since the start of the new year 'McFudden' has been a fairly regular starter for Everton and has scored a few goals. I think that Moyes and the Evertonians who call him 'Jimmy Mac' are fairly pleased with him. I would say that his career is moving forwards, he's 21 years old and helping Everton achieve Champions League football. :blink:

The Daily Record made him a star? I thought that it was all the goals he scored and the performances he put in as a teenager for Motherwell. What exactly are you expecting from him? Since the start of the new year 'McFudden' has been a fairly regular starter for Everton and has scored a few goals. I think that Moyes and the Evertonians who call him 'Jimmy Mac' are fairly pleased with him. I would say that his career is moving forwards, he's 21 years old and helping Everton achieve Champions League football. :blink:

Here Here

Guest Teso Dos Bichos
Gary Caldwell has been one of Scotland's most consistent players, if not the most consistent, over the last year. Pisses me off when people come on here slagging him off, when either they're stupid or they don't watch all the games.

:lol::lol::lol:

Well it's all about opinions and frankly I thought this thread was to do with the SCOTLAND squad and not the EVERTON squad. The guy has failed to deliver for his national side (deflections don't count) from day one. When he did beat folk to the byline his delivery is poor, that's when he eventually decides to pass the ball. He now fails to beat folk and seems to have got slower if anything.

As for him being only 21, what excuse is that? Many countries have folk of that age and younger delivering at International level. Maybe it's time he did.

Well it's all about opinions and frankly I thought this thread was to do with the SCOTLAND squad and not the EVERTON squad. The guy has failed to deliver for his national side (deflections don't count) from day one. When he did beat folk to the byline his delivery is poor, that's when he eventually decides to pass the ball. He now fails to beat folk and seems to have got slower if anything.

As for him being only 21, what excuse is that? Many countries have folk of that age and younger delivering at International level. Maybe it's time he did.

In the last couple of games for Scotland I thought McFadden looked slow and totally out of shape - I have no doubt that this had a lot to do with his lack of football at Everton. Since Christmas, however, he seems to have been featuring fairly often for Everton, so hopefully he will have regained some of his sharpness.

I don't think that is totally fair on Faddy in any case, he has been the only player showing any spark in a fair number of games for Scotland - the goal he scored against Romania was a cracker and livened up another pish-poor night at Hampden.

McFadden is one of these sort of players that you either love having him in your team when he's on form , but he does try and beat 1 player too many times instead of playing the easy ball.Hopefully his wee run in the everton team has helped him a bit.

Galdwell always looks out of depth at international level ,he always gets beat too easy.But then again who doesnt in our squad?

I've been watching everton whenever i can as my flatmate is exiled up here (he has a season ticket). What I can say for mcfadden is that his delivery seems to have improved no end. He was whipping free kicks in right into the six yard box, caused all sorts of problems.

Archived