Motorhead

Sergeant Wilson

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's bound to be a tribute concert. With loads of shite bands playing Motörhead songs. I hope not though.

Been reading that member Mickey Dee has said Motörhead is over, didn't really expect anything else to be honest. One Thing I always liked about them is that they appealed to a lot of different genres, punks, metalheads, thrashers, rockers, allsorts. Influenced a lot of bands and not just in the uk.

First seen them in 1979 on The Overkill tour. On the Bomber tour they were so loud the vibration loosened the screws in my specs and I nearly lost the lenses.

Bomber tour at the Apollo was the first time I saw them - it was only about the third or fourth gig I'd been to, and I thought I'd done my hearing some permanent damage as I was near enough stone deaf for a couple of days after.

Not the loudest I've seen ever though - saw Manowar play a small club in Maryland with what must have been about a 50k rig. The music was actually making your clothes move and my mate was beginning to panic because his nostril was spasming in time to the bass drums...

ETA - I must be losing it, as I forgot I actually saw Motorhead in New York on that same trip in the Irving Plaza with support from the Dropkick Murphys and Hatebreed. Quite an intense scene that was ready to kick off at any moment IIRC, as there were three fairly distinct crowds who had only come to see one particular band.

First seen them in 1979 on The Overkill tour. On the Bomber tour they were so loud the vibration loosened the screws in my specs and I nearly lost the lenses.

Me too. I blame seeing them those first few tours for my poor hearing and slight tinitus. A price worth paying.

Got to see them five times from 2008 - 2012. Every year they were always great.
Favourite time seeing them was with Anthrax in 2012. Was one amazing gig. Anthrax blew the roof off and Motorhead tore the place down.
After the gig me and my friend Scott waited til 3 or 4am to meet Lemmy. He signed our tickets.

• 2 weeks later...

I thought Triple H's speech was great (I know they did his entrance theme but I always find friendships that you wouldn't necessarily expect, fascinating.) Lars' was really touching and great to listen to, Scott Ian was hilarious, and Dave Grohl's was heartbreaking.

• 2 years later...
That's Fast Eddie Clarke away aswell now.
All of the classic lineup gone.
No way!! The latest issue of Classic Rock mag has big ads for album and tour for his band. Saw Motorhead several times from late 70's to early 80's. Partly to blame for my tinnitus and half deafness now[emoji106] [emoji3]

Archived