2. Dead City

3. Sick

4. Don’t Move

5. Nil

6. Don’t Look at Me

7. Not Sleeping

8. Another Bed

9. Kill It in the Morning

Maybe old news, but I just found out that they're releasing their third album on 7th February 2012!!!

And as I obviously have my finger on the pulse as usual, it was when checking out the digital download of the first single of of it ("Sick" released last week) that I saw that they had also released a free download of an album track a few weeks ago, track 9 Kill It In The Morning!!!

I can't get it to work of of the band's website so here is another link to it for anybody who is interested;

http://loftandlost.com/2011/09/21/the-morning-kills-us-all/

Actually further hunting shows that some nice Spanish chappy has put up a free download of the single Sick",

so "right-click", "save as" and fill yer boots and thats you nearly got a third of their new unreleased album on yer iPod already!!!

twilight-sad-sick-608x608.jpg

New Free "Authorised" Download for you this time!!!

If you go onto their Blog they are offering you a seven-track acoustic EP for the small cost of your email address!!!

Tracklist:

1. I Became a Prostitute

2. Interrupted

3. Seven Years of Letters

4. Suck (The Wedding Present cover)

5. That Birthday Present

6. The Neighbours Can't Breathe

7. The Wrong Car

I'm not sure acoustic versions of Twilight Sad songs actually get the point across of Twilight Sad songs. The sonic pummeling of distortion and feedback is all part of the experience, especially live, I would imagine!!!

That's not to say the songs can't stand on their own without that. James Graham certainly writes powerful lyrics with a voice that can carry them in most any setting. Personally, I just love how their epic sound moves the needle, sonically and emotionally!!!

Anyway give it a try, it's still worth it!!!

If you do download it, here's the cover!!!

handcut2.jpg

Edited by King Kebab

• 1 month later...

http://www.spin.com/articles/first-spin-download-twilight-sads-another-bed

Up until now, Scottish shoegaze disciples the Twilight Sad were best known for their knack with anthems. Which is to say they know how to stuff lifetimes of tension, build, and blissful release into a five-minute spread. But from what we've heard of their fourth and forthcoming new full-length, No One Can Ever Know, due February 7 on Fat Cat, the Kilsyth trio have decided to take a sharp, synth-splashed turn toward post-punk thinking of a far less linear nature. Which is another way of saying "Another Bed," available for download here, is a song in a very foul mood.

http://www.spin.com/...ads-another-bed

Up until now, Scottish shoegaze disciples the Twilight Sad were best known for their knack with anthems. Which is to say they know how to stuff lifetimes of tension, build, and blissful release into a five-minute spread. But from what we've heard of their fourth and forthcoming new full-length, No One Can Ever Know, due February 7 on Fat Cat, the Kilsyth trio have decided to take a sharp, synth-splashed turn toward post-punk thinking of a far less linear nature. Which is another way of saying "Another Bed," available for download here, is a song in a very foul mood.

That doesn't inspire a heap load of confidence, I must say...sad.gif

Interesting read. Have seen James singing a few times with or supporting Scott from Frightened Rabbit and he's a very intense performer. Not sure I could handle a full TS gig at that level of intensity but then it could be brilliant. Anyone seen them live? I love the song 'Splinter' off the Fruit trees foundation thing they all did.

Interesting read. Have seen James singing a few times with or supporting Scott from Frightened Rabbit and he's a very intense performer. Not sure I could handle a full TS gig at that level of intensity but then it could be brilliant. Anyone seen them live? I love the song 'Splinter' off the Fruit trees foundation thing they all did.

Saw them support Mogwai in Oxford last year. Was more blown away with the Twilight Sad then I was Mogwai. A dream gig for me really with two of my favourite bands.

Going to watch the Twilight sad in Birmingham next month :)

I saw them live on the BBC Stage at T in The Park (2009?). It was on a tiny stage and the band were only a few feet away. I genuinely walked away exhausted at the end of the 30 minute set. Intense was the only way to describe it.

• 2 weeks later...

I love this band. Seeing them at Grand Ol Opry next week.

I was down in London last year to see Mogwai and TS supported. They were good, but they seemed terrified in front of 5000 Mogwai fans.

They played a late night gig later that night in Camden, I think, in a room of probably less than 100. The vocal monitor was duff so James sang most of the gig on the floor. Some older wrecked boy tried to fight him and another guy around song 3, all hell nearly broke loose but the aggressor was swiftly launched by their heavy, and from then on the gig was totally charged and infinitely better than their support slot at Mogwai.

• 8 months later...

Finally got hold of the new album. Pretty good so, sure it will grow more. Can't wait to watch in Birmingham on Sunday.

Just gone through 2nd play of the album Stand out track for me so far Another Bed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnpEWr82RF4

Probably done a complete u-turn since that post, Another bed probably weeaest track for me. Nil or Not Sleeping now. But 3 albums and I don't think 1 bad song off any of them.