Mp3 Player

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got myself a 20gig apple ipod, only cost me £170.

can hold up to 5,000 songs.

I’m sure theres other things on offer but I personally love the ipod and use it every day, its also very straightforward for actually putting the music onto it.

I just bought an iRiver H320 20gig mp3 player for £210 from Amazon

Does everything the ipod does but also has an internal microphone so you can use it as a dictophone, an external microphone (great for bootlegging gigs). A line in so you can convert any input signal (DVD's, CD, tape) to MP3. Its got a great colour screen so you can store and view jpg files and even play .AVI movie files.

It also has an FM radio.

Great bit of kit

Its not as simple to transfer songs as the ipod but I'm sure even a Clyde fan could figure it out pretty quick :)

I just bought an iRiver H320 20gig mp3 player for £210 from Amazon

Does everything the ipod does but also has an internal microphone so you can use it as a dictophone, an external microphone (great for bootlegging gigs). A line in so you can convert any input signal (DVD's, CD, tape) to MP3. Its got a great colour screen so you can store and view jpg files and even play .AVI movie files.

It also has an FM radio.

Great bit of kit

Its not as simple to transfer songs as the ipod but I'm sure even a Clyde fan could figure it out pretty quick  :)

437008[/snapback]

I think he has mentioned it, although that is just his personal opinion and not one shared by many gadget experts.

Its all personal choice I suppose, I had a look at a Phillips and a Sony MP3 player but my heart was set on the iPod, it suits my needs, looks good and sounds good, I also have no need for a dictaphone.

As previously mentioned it’s a piece of p1ss to transfer songs and it also has 12 hours battery time.

I got a 20 GB, Creative Zen Touch which cost £169.99 and 'supposedly' has a 24 hour battery life. I got it mainly because it was cheaper than the iPOD I wanted(which a few people have mistaken it for as it's sort of similar) and I could order it straight away.

I definetly don't regret getting it... my only gripe being that it doesn't support Napster To Go where you pay £14.99 p/month and you can transfer as many songs as you want onto your player.

I've an iRiver H120 and it's good, my only complaint is that whilst the random button mixes the songs up (rather than plays in order of artist etc) it doesn't change the order of them that often, so if you update the database after adding some new songs you'll be back to the same order as before, from the start.

I've an iRiver H120 and it's good, my only complaint is that whilst the random button mixes the songs up (rather than plays in order of artist etc) it doesn't change the order of them that often, so if you update the database after adding some new songs you'll be back to the same order as before, from the start.

438546[/snapback]

Update your firmware. :rolleyes:

I've had my 20GB iRiver for about 6 months now and its my favourite thing in the world.

Plays more music formats than I've ever heard of, internal mic, FM radio, battery life is better than iPod (I've read).

I've got a couple of thousand songs on it and its also carrying a backup copy of my final year uni project. Still 10GB free

Haven't found it difficult to put music on it at all, using MusicMatch or Windows Media Player etc

If you want to look cool with your fancy white headphones hanging outside your jacket, though (look at me, i've got an iPod), then the iPod is the one to go for.

Update your firmware. :rolleyes:

438968[/snapback]

Is that 1.65 I need and it fixes it? I've got 1.63, didn't realise there was a new version out :)

If you want to look cool with your fancy white headphones hanging outside your jacket, though (look at me, i've got an iPod), then the iPod is the one to go for.

439629[/snapback]

Personally I think it's a great way for thiefs to tell if you're listening to a CD player or an MP3 player which would then be worth nicking :lol:

Personally I think it's a great way for thiefs to tell if you're listening to a CD player or an MP3 player which would then be worth nicking :lol:

439715[/snapback]

Absolutely agree. Yet another advantage of the iRiver :) no one know what it is

Archived