Mp3 Player

I was going to buy an iPod, but when I thought about it I realised I wouldn't use it that much so I decided to just get an iPod mini instead. Having had a shot of loads of my mates mp3 players, the iPod's are the easiest to use, they look the best, and the sound is as good as any other mp3 player.

p.s. Is 1 business day from last night Tuesday, or Wednesday?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Would just like to add for the topic starter.

I was speaking to one of my ‘techy’ pals.

His reply to what he thought of the iRiver:

“its pretty good but big and uglyâ€

445146[/snapback]

Its the only MP3 player I've owned so I've nothing else to compare it too. I would say that its a hell of a lot easier to carry in a pocket than CD players or even a tape walkman (back in the day). Ugly?

iriver-ihp140new.jpgNot really sure, i think it looks OK, but it doesn't much matter what it looks like. Altough that special edition black and red U2 iPod was pretty cool.

And by the way, my inferiority complex is bigger, better + faster than any iPod owners :D

• 2 weeks later...
I got a 20 GB, Creative Zen Touch which cost £169.99 and 'supposedly' has a 24 hour battery life. I got it mainly because it was cheaper than the iPOD I wanted(which a few people have mistaken it for as it's sort of similar) and I could order it straight away.

I definetly don't regret getting it... my only gripe being that it doesn't support Napster To Go where you pay £14.99 p/month and you can transfer as many songs as you want onto your player.

437458[/snapback]

I've just bought the same shetland. Seems pretty good except it won't take any of the songs that I have "acquired" :ph34r:

Any ideas? Plus does it have a radio - I thought it did but I can't seem to find it!

I've got the 30Gb model. It doesn't have a radio. Songs you've "acquired" :rolleyes: should be ok on it, as long as you install the software properly. Have a look at the manual on the software cd as well :)

I've just bought the same shetland.  Seems pretty good except it won't take any of the songs that I have "acquired"  :ph34r:

Any ideas?  Plus does it have a radio - I thought it did but I can't seem to find it!

460094[/snapback]

Sorry, never noticed this before..... did you get it working?

Doesn't have a radio... if you go to the Creative website you can buy one I think... roughly £35 off the top of my head.

I purchased an MP3 Player on Friday.

Pakard Bell, 512MB, can hold at least 160 songs.(More than enough)

FM Radio

Voice recorder

Radio FM - whatever that is :blink:

Dictaphone

Not bad for £90 if you ask me....

excuse my complete computer ignorance before you read on please...

im looking to buy an mp3 player cos im fed up of my mini disc eating up batteries and the fact that i have to change it every half an hour and only have about 5 mini discs anyway- what should i do?

do most mp3 players come with rechargable batteries or not?

is there anyway to download songs free of charge to an mp3 player? (if not, is is still worth paying £200 (approx) for something to store all my cds on.)

thank you in advance!

im looking to buy an mp3 player cos im fed up of my mini disc eating up batteries and the fact that i have to change it every half an hour and only have about 5 mini discs anyway- what should i do?

is there anyway to download songs free of charge to an mp3 player? (if not, is is still worth paying £200 (approx) for something to store all my cds on.)

thank you in advance!

489214[/snapback]

Don't know about the smaller ones, but iPod, iRiver etc have a built-in battery and you just plug it in to charge, as opposed to AAs or whatever.

There are many ways to download songs free of charge, the legality of some of these is another matter.

And whichever way you look at it, its definitely worth it. The only downside is that as with all computer stuff, whatever you buy, the same money will buy something much better in 6 months.

thank you in advance!

489214[/snapback]

Batteries on most of them are a bit like mobile phone batteries... they're rechargeable and you can still use them while charging.

As for songs... basically what cbhaf said. I was fairly lucky that my brother does a radio show and had downloaded a lot of songs onto our computer plus my dad has a fairly big record collection.

I use Napster for downloads... I pay £10 a month, where you can listen to any song in their database but you have to pay an extra £0.79 to download it... even then though, some songs you can't transfer to your MP3 player for copyright reasons (i.e. All Or Nothing by The Small Faces I found out).

I'm looking at one of the below players, £229 from Currys but I have £85 on a gift voucher from a leaving present from my old job.

iRiver H320SE

• 1 month later...
My Zen Micro is the dogs bollox. Has an  FM radio, takes multiple file formats & is piss easy to use.

460771[/snapback]

Totally agree, iv got a zen micro and its brilliant

Archived