Fascinating Photos

Below is a picture of Hy-Brasil, an Island said to be just off the west coast of Ireland. It is supposed to be a mythical Island and appeared on maps as far back as 1325 and stayed there until around 1865. The last sighting of the Island was in 1872. People who claimed to have found Hy-Brasil, told of a wealthy and advanced civilisation who populate it. It is also claimed the Island was covered in mist and can be seen once every seven years. Most likely a load of shite, but I find this stuff interesting.

post-31500-0-43756400-1324478532_thumb.j

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Below is a picture of Hy-Brasil, an Island said to be just off the west coast of Ireland. It is supposed to be a mythical Island and appeared on maps as far back as 1325 and stayed there until around 1865. The last sighting of the Island was in 1872. People who claimed to have found Hy-Brasil, told of a wealthy and advanced civilisation who populate it. It is also claimed the Island was covered in mist and can be seen once every seven years. Most likely a load of shite, but I find this stuff interesting.

In 1674 Captain John Nisbet claimed to have seen the island when on a journey from France to Ireland. He stated the island was inhabited by large black rabbits and a magician who lived alone in a stone castle

:D:D:lol::D

:D:D:lol::D

:lol::lol:

I've read a few web pages about Hy-Brasil and even heard of that guy, but I've never read that it was populated by, what I can only assume is, the cast of wisbit! (The show, not the poster on here) I think someone's been at the japes! God, I hope that story is true though!

Interesting. Quite a similar tale to that of the mythical "Isle of Man", a place where the roar of many motorbikes can be heard and the cats have no tails. :huh:

Interesting. Quite a similar tale to that of the mythical "Isle of Man", a place where the roar of many motorbikes can be heard and the cats have no tails. :huh:

A quick bit of reading up on hy-brasil and you find another mythical isle nearby called...............''Isle of Mam'' so not too far away Barry .

A quick bit of reading up on hy-brasil and you find another mythical isle nearby called...............''Isle of Mam'' so not too far away Barry .

There we go then. Remind me never to swim in the Irish Sea. There's all manner of craziness happening in there.

There we go then. Remind me never to swim in the Irish Sea. There's all manner of craziness happening in there.

Barry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,never swim in the Irish Sea.

Here to help ;)

My Missus would love there, she's forever looking in the bloody mirror. This way she wouldn't annoy me by walking in and out the bloody room when im watching telly.

I was there this time last year and met this American really pissed off that she'd spent a pile of money to come down and see it dry. What did she honestly think at the height of summer there?!

It's all about the stupid photos though. :D

The new attraction at CN Tower in Toronto :)

I remember standing on the glass floor in that tower years ago. Heights don't normally bother me but the thought of the glass breaking scared the hell out me.

Archived