Sherlock - BBC

~~~

1 minute ago, dogmc said:

Was really enjoying this tonight but ending just felt like they'd completely run out of ideas on how to finish it.

I was kind of hoping for the usual Sherlock actually being in control all the time as in their brief encounter he had acknowledged his sisters main flaw or something . 

I was kind of hoping for the usual Sherlock actually being in control all the time as in their brief encounter he had acknowledged his sisters main flaw or something . 

I think they've reached a natural point to end the show on now. I'd hate for them to try to milk another series. The 2nd episode was much better than the first and this one started really well....but the end was very weak bordering on anti climax.

Enjoyed it [emoji4] Liked the nod to the Musgrave Ritual with the riddle, the directions etc. I read recently that they are meant to have signed for a series 5 and I'm glad as this felt like a final finale, I'd be worried it was ending otherwise.

Just now, dogmc said:

I think they've reached a natural point to end the show on now. I'd hate for them to try to milk another series. The 2nd episode was much better than the first and this one started really well....but the end was very weak bordering on anti climax.

I kind of agree , I think if anything a film would be a good final instalment of the programme . One last major case of sorts where it is all about them solving the case without having to carry a storyline into all episodes  , I just think that trying to get another series out of it might just be too much as it stands. 

2 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

Enjoyed it emoji4.png Liked the nod to the Musgrave Ritual with the riddle, the directions etc. I read recently that they are meant to have signed for a series 5 and I'm glad as this felt like a final finale, I'd be worried it was ending otherwise.

There is talk but they say that nothing is certain . I think there may be life left in the series yet but as I say a film might be a good idea 

Fucking hell. That was harrowing. Spoilers don't appear to work on the mobile, so consider this your SPOILER WARNING!
I thought moments of tonight's episode which were exceptional, but there were some things that just didn't sit right with me: I hated the fact that they kept on trying to make us believe that Moriarty is still alive; it's been made very clear that he's dead, so the fact that they kept on trying to trick us was annoying. I really don't think Eurus is redeemable after that, and the way they wrapped her story up was a bit anti-climactic. She killed a wee kid, manipulated so many people and tried to kill her brother(s). Mary capping the series off was so fucking pointless, too.
Despite this, I thought it was a great episode. It was edge of the seat stuff throughout, but the fact that - as far as I recall - nothing meaningful actually happened, and the show could start next series with everyone in the exact same spot without this episode meaning anything annoyed me.
There was definitely a sense of finality there. Will it go on?

11 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Fucking hell. That was harrowing. Spoilers don't appear to work on the mobile, so consider this your SPOILER WARNING!
I thought moments of tonight's episode which were exceptional, but there were some things that just didn't sit right with me: I hated the fact that they kept on trying to make us believe that Moriarty is still alive; it's been made very clear that he's dead, so the fact that they kept on trying to trick us was annoying. I really don't think Eurus is redeemable after that, and the way they wrapped her story up was a bit anti-climactic. She killed a wee kid, manipulated so many people and tried to kill her brother(s). Mary capping the series off was so fucking pointless, too.
Despite this, I thought it was a great episode. It was edge of the seat stuff throughout, but the fact that - as far as I recall - nothing meaningful actually happened, and the show could start next series with everyone in the exact same spot without this episode meaning anything annoyed me.
There was definitely a sense of finality there. Will it go on?

Consider this your SPOILER warning to people as I am on mobile aswell 

This, she went through all the trouble of organising what seemed to be the return of moriarty , pretended to be a stranger on the bus who fancied John to make him possibly cheat on his wife  , pretended to be his therapist and shot him with aTranquilliser  , pretended to be a client of sherlocks , blew up his house , nearly made John or mycroft kill an innocent man in order to spare his wife even though she killed the wife anyway , nearly made Sherlock kill Watson or mycroft ,threw John down a well , revealed she killed sherlocks other brother because they would not play pirate games with  her and in the end it all seemed to be just because she wanted someone to play the violin with . 

As as I said it was great for the first seventy minutes , outstanding probably but it lacked that moment in the end where Sherlock has it Sussed , I was expecting it to be from the bit where he first meets her and she asks him to look at her and he maybe noticed something which had him in control the whole time or the bit where he is knocked out to work out in his mind what the five minute conversation between her and moriarty would have been like or something 

Edited by Forever_blueco

1 hour ago, Forever_blueco said:

Consider this your SPOILER warning to people as I am on mobile aswell 

This, she went through all the trouble of organising what seemed to be the return of moriarty , pretended to be a stranger on the bus who fancied John to make him possibly cheat on his wife  , pretended to be his therapist and shot him with aTranquilliser  , pretended to be a client of sherlocks , blew up his house , nearly made John or mycroft kill an innocent man in order to spare his wife even though she killed the wife anyway , nearly made Sherlock kill Watson or mycroft ,threw John down a well , revealed she killed sherlocks other brother because they would not play pirate games with  her and in the end it all seemed to be just because she wanted someone to play the violin with . 

As as I said it was great for the first seventy minutes , outstanding probably but it lacked that moment in the end where Sherlock has it Sussed , I was expecting it to be from the bit where he first meets her and she asks him to look at her and he maybe noticed something which had him in control the whole time or the bit where he is knocked out to work out in his mind what the five minute conversation between her and moriarty would have been like or something 

I agree with you that it lacked the moment where Sherlock 'cracked' the case so to speak. I think that it was the moment he realised Eurus song referred to the headstones but I think it should have been bigger.

I have been reading some of the reviews and comments on the papers (I know, I shouldn't !) its almost universally slated but the funny thing is that most surround "unexplained" plotholes which are completely well explained within the programme. i.e one reviewer complained they didn't know how Eurus got out of prison to attack Holmes and Watson, I mean surely that's obvious?

I wonder how much people actually pay full attention to things these days or how many people watch with one eye glued to the internet.

14 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

I agree with you that it lacked the moment where Sherlock 'cracked' the case so to speak. I think that it was the moment he realised Eurus song referred to the headstones but I think it should have been bigger.

I have been reading some of the reviews and comments on the papers (I know, I shouldn't !) its almost universally slated but the funny thing is that most surround "unexplained" plotholes which are completely well explained within the programme. i.e one reviewer complained they didn't know how Eurus got out of prison to attack Holmes and Watson, I mean surely that's obvious?

I wonder how much people actually pay full attention to things these days or how many people watch with one eye glued to the internet.

Not going to lie I was gutted when the return of moriarty turned out to be nothing more than a flashback . was thinking here we go , shit is about to get real  :lol:

7 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Not going to lie I was gutted when the return of moriarty turned out to be nothing more than a flashback . was thinking here we go , shit is about to get real  :lol:

I knew it was a flashback but I thought they did a great job with it. The exit from the helicopter was marvellous :lol:

Edited by Jambomo