Sherlock - BBC

~~~

Am I the only one who thought this was absolute fucking horse piss? Just like Doctor Who Moffat has ruined it I think. He doesn't write for the enjoyment of fans it's just imaginative nonsense full of gaping plot holes. In Doctor Who he could just explain things off with "timey-wimey bits" but that doesn't really work In Sherlock. Every episode is part of a massive over-arching story line with about 17 twists which got boring the 2nd time he did it in Doctor Who. It's all just done to stroke his ego cause he loves everyone thinking he's so smart and critics love it. In reality anyone could do the same thing if you're willing to just blatantly lie to your audience.

I'm on catch up. Just seen the Sign of Three and I thought it was brilliant, every bit in-keeping with the melancholy Holmes of the novels. Holmes' attitude to the blog, and his best man speech (which was in parts lifted from Watson's own tribute to Holmes after the Reichenbach Falls denouement in The Final Problem) is precisely what Holmes would have said about Watson, give or take the modern day resetting. A fabulous episode.

In short, I couldn't disagree more with Waldo!

I enjoyed the episode on the whole but was left feeling a bit put out that Magnusson couldn't be outwitted. One of the best things about the whole series for me is watching Sherlock pick people apart. He just couldnt do that with Magnusson, and I found that a bit annoying.

Good to see Moriarty back, the scene in the padded cell in his "mind palace" with Moriarty in the strait-jacket was superb. He does mental very well, that actor.

Mycroft mentions another brother..!! "you know what happened to the other one"

Moriarty perhaps..?

Perhaps they are referring to Sigurson Holmes who Gene Wilder played in the 1975 film The Adventures Of Sherlock Holmes' Smarter Brother???

If I remember correctly from the books though I'm pretty sure there was reference made to a sister!!!

I thought that was much better with some lovely little nods in there too which are always nice.

I'm coming across as a bore I know but I can't get excited at all for the return of this version of Moriarty, I liked Heath Ledger's Joker but I don't need to see him in a BBC adaptation of Sherlock Holmes.

I enjoyed the episode on the whole but was left feeling a bit put out that Magnusson couldn't be outwitted. One of the best things about the whole series for me is watching Sherlock pick people apart. He just couldnt do that with Magnusson, and I found that a bit annoying.

Good to see Moriarty back, the scene in the padded cell in his "mind palace" with Moriarty in the strait-jacket was superb. He does mental very well, that actor.

I suspect the mind palace thing hasn't actually finished. One interpretation of the episode could be

that it happened entirely in a mind palace, with everyone's deepest fears coming to fruition.

the way Sherlock did defeat Magnusson was incredibly un-Sherlock like, it was an act of passion which isn't somethng the character would ever do, again though this was another example of his relationship with Watson playing a huge role in the storyline as he did it to save Mary.

the way Sherlock did defeat Magnusson was incredibly un-Sherlock like, it was an act of passion which isn't somethng the character would ever do, again though this was another example of his relationship with Watson playing a huge role in the storyline as he did it to save Mary.

I was more let down by the fact that the super genius magnusson was actually a total moron and possibly the most amateur blackmailer ever. Even amateurs have insurance.

Why can't people understand that this series really has nothing to do with he books save for using some names and borrowing a little of the stories? The characters in particular are not those portrayed in the books, so why the constant comparisons. This series is not the adaptation of the books. It's a totally new imagining of the characters.

I was more let down by the fact that the super genius magnusson was actually a total moron and possibly the most amateur blackmailer ever. Even amateurs have insurance.

We don't know that for sure though. I think the way it panned out will come back to haunt Sherlock (although he'll surely, eventually, manage to solve that I imgine).

Why can't people understand that this series really has nothing to do with he books save for using some names and borrowing a little of the stories? The characters in particular are not those portrayed in the books, so why the constant comparisons. This series is not the adaptation of the books. It's a totally new imagining of the characters.

It's the same with comic book adaptations as well. I don't care if it stays true to the source material as long as it remains entertaining and fairly coherent.

• 1 year later...