Sherlock - BBC

~~~

Anyone else really disappointed with the ending? I mean specifically the last 3 or 4 seconds.

We all know he's not dead. Really, we do. Particularly when we see the next series is starting, we'll all have worked it out. But good God, don't treat us like children. You don't have to do the big reveal straight away (I'm also looking at you, Guy Ritchie).

Conan Doyle left him "dead", I wish the television programme had too.

Other than that, magnificent. Between this and Luther, the BBC have two of the best programmes on television at the moment.

Conan Doyle brought him back though, its probably the 2nd most famous resurrection in fiction (after a certain bloke from the middle east) and there was no way they were going to kill Sherlock - I mean they havent done the Red Headed League yet.

Aye, that was pretty terrific must be said, about as cinematic a Britsh TV show I've ever seen.

How do people think they'll explain his death fakery?

And why do people think he went along with Moriarty's story to Watson in the end?

Conan Doyle brought him back though, its probably the 2nd most famous resurrection in fiction (after a certain bloke from the middle east) and there was no way they were going to kill Sherlock - I mean they havent done the Red Headed League yet.

This, however at the time Doyle killed off Sherlock because he thought that both he had taken him as far as he could go, and that he didn't want to be typecasted to just Sherlock and wanted to persue other things. It turned out that he was shite at getting anything as successful as his original work(and tbh it's not like it would have been easy to match) and decided to bring him back.

I actually didn't mind Moriarity as much. As came across as sociopathic in the way he needed to, not to mention his ability to be able to pull off a Gay IT technician which I didn't see past at the time, or an out of work actor which helped convey brilliantly the classic feeling as if the walls had closed around the protagonist that was Sherlock at the moment. Maybe it was his appearance of being small, young and that accent didn't really help in terms of coming across as a bad ass, but I enjoyed seeing the change for what it was worth.

Aye, that was pretty terrific must be said, about as cinematic a Britsh TV show I've ever seen.

How do people think they'll explain his death fakery?

And why do people think he went along with Moriarty's story to Watson in the end?

Molly. She would have had something to do with it, being someone that has access to plenty of corpses. Seeing Watson being clipped by that biker could show that maybe we missed something as we saw the incident mainly like it was through his eyes. Maybe it's just me, but when you actually saw him falling, I couldn't help but feel that the acceleration of what an object should fall at looked a lot slower than it should have done. I can't obviously help but acknowledge that it could have been done to add to the suspense of the moment as such, but something didn't sit right with me about it.

EDIT: I'd also like to point out the Sherlock asked Watson to stand in a specific place as well and was told not to move when he was about to 'jump'.

Also, Benedict Cumberpatch has been signed to play Khan in the sequel to the Star Trek reboot. Apparently he really wowed the audtioning team included J.J. Abrams himself. I honestly can't think of a better actor to play the role at the moment.

Edited by the jambo-rocker

Yeah, he brought him back, but not until the start of the next book. I would've liked him to be "dead" until the start of the next series.

He had to, didn't he? As he said, the phonecall was his "note" and would be used as proof that he was a fraud, which had to definitely reach the papers etc to call off the assassins on Watson, Lestrade and Mrs Hudson.

I'm sure I just missed the explanation during the episode, but why did the wee lassie scream when she saw Sherlock?

He had to, didn't he? As he said, the phonecall was his "note" and would be used as proof that he was a fraud, which had to definitely reach the papers etc to call off the assassins on Watson, Lestrade and Mrs Hudson.

I'm sure I just missed the explanation during the episode, but why did the wee lassie scream when she saw Sherlock?

MMM, I dunno, is juts resume his actions would have been enough, not him saying things.

RE the girl, i think it was said that Moriarty hasd "planted an idea" in her head

Firstly I like the guy playing Moriarty. He hit the crazy sociopath character i''ve always thought of with moriarty. He played his part very well. Slick at times and rough at others.

I reckon that Moriarty had some way of looking like Sherlock, be it a mask or something and that it was Moriarty who lay on the ground (the blood already coming fro his head wound).

How it was all done will be too complicated to guess. That is what I like about Sherlock, it doesn't give you a hope of guessing really, you just have to enjoy the ride.

Easily the best thing on british TV. Nothing comes close. Best thing since life on mars!

Benedict Cumberbatch is a very good actor (between this, Tinker, Tailor... and Hawking) and I really enjoyed this series. I missed series one but this was very enjoyable television. Luther and Sherlock have been two examples of the BBC being able to give us good drama and I hope they continue rather than pissing it up the wall on BBC Three.

As for Moriarty? I liked him, I thought he was played very well and it's a good reinvention of the character. He's OTT but sometimes the good villains are (Norman Stansfield in Leon is just one example). The criticism of him is unjust IMO.

Firstly I like the guy playing Moriarty. He hit the crazy sociopath character i''ve always thought of with moriarty. He played his part very well. Slick at times and rough at others.

I reckon that Moriarty had some way of looking like Sherlock, be it a mask or something and that it was Moriarty who lay on the ground (the blood already coming fro his head wound).

How it was all done will be too complicated to guess. That is what I like about Sherlock, it doesn't give you a hope of guessing really, you just have to enjoy the ride.

Easily the best thing on british TV. Nothing comes close. Best thing since life on mars!

Maybe, but it looked like it was sherlock that jumped as he still seemed to be moving( his arms were waving about ), not sure if that would happen if he'd flung a corpse off the building instead

• 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I thoroughly enjoyed it, the best programme so far of the festive season.

John's reaction to Sherlock coming back from the dead was brilliant.

Yep, best thing I've watched over the holidays. A much more modern reaction than Watson fainting in "The Empty House" and I also liked the nod to the book with Watson trying to rip off his patient's "disguise."

Anyhoo - I'm very weary of spoilers so if you've any info on upcoming episodes or plots please don't disclose them ...

Big fan of Sherlock but I have a couple of questions regarding (what we've been led to believe was) how he done it !

First off - one of Mycroft's men took care of the gunman who was to shoot Watson ... why didn't he also just take care of the other gunmen ? would have saved all the hassle of a death to fake !?

Second - No-one predicted Moriarty's suicide .. so how was the plan to work with a live Moriarty on the rooftop to see all the shenanigans ?