England Fans In 'not Booing' Shock

Guest SeD

Guest Pompey

Dunno when they stopped it, but they were doing it to Wales :angry:

Scum

Maybe they just fell asleep during that interminable Soveitesque operetta tonight!

Guest Pompey

Tofik Bakhramov :smartass:smartass

After whom the National Stadium in Baku is named....just imagine going to a Scottish Cup Final at the Andy Davis stadium :ph34r:

Doesn't surprise me in the slightest that their was a reason for them not booing the anthem last night. They really are scum. Booing another countries national anthems is totally disrespectful and something any decent person would never do.

Guest Pompey

The Scotland fans at TNS were not booing the English National Anthem. They were booing the hi-jacking of OUR National Anthem by the English.

Well said Debbie.

You guys are being naive if you think the Scotland fans were booing the anthem for the reasons you outlined!  ;)

448840[/snapback]

Personally i dont think there is much difference between the type of people in the north of England and Scotland.

Guest Geordie_Elvis
Dunno ,the council house gutter trash that live in Newcastle all have speech impediments.

449074[/snapback]

So f*ck............we have this guy and thats all that matters

2004-11-04as2-m.jpg

1 more year............GET IN THERE!

Englands number 1.

... the hi-jacking of OUR National Anthem by the English.

448376[/snapback]

And, how, pray tell did we hi-jack the anthem :unsure:

Guest Pompey
And, how, pray tell did we hi-jack the anthem  :unsure:

453518[/snapback]

God Save the Queen is the National Anthem of the United Kingdom.

England have taken the National Anthem as their own, instead of using a song of their own like Jerusalem, or Land of Hope and Glory.

GSTQ is now viewed as an English anthem, alienating the majority of UK states.

God Save the Queen is the National Anthem of the United Kingdom.

England have taken the National Anthem as their own, instead of using a song of their own like Jerusalem, or Land of Hope and Glory.

GSTQ is now viewed as an English anthem, alienating the majority of UK states.

453672[/snapback]

Pile of shite. Scotland and Wales have decided against using the National Anthem. They 'dropped' GSTQ rather than England 'taking' it. Northern Ireland still use it (witness the recent match) so 50% of the UK states use it and 50% don't.

Jerusalem and Land of Hope and Glory are both unsuitable as anthems. One being a hymn and other being (rightly or wrongly) perceived as the Tory rallying call.

Dunno when they stopped it, but they were doing it to Wales :angry:

Scum

Maybe they just fell asleep during that interminable Soveitesque operetta tonight!

447426[/snapback]

you spout some pish...

you ever been to murrayfield? every time i have seen scotland play they boo the other temas national anthem (i realsie its rugby not footy but same thing)- its a sad fact but every country does it!

you spout some pish...

you ever been to murrayfield? every time i have seen scotland play they boo the other temas national anthem (i realsie its rugby not footy but same thing)- its a sad fact but every country does it!

454263[/snapback]

Arab Joe,

I've been to Murrayfield regularly since 1996 and I rarely hear the opponent's being booed, never mind booing the anthem. I remember being annoyed when Italy were introduced to the Five Nations (to make it the Six Nations) as they seem to boo everything.

All my mates hate football, because of the loutist image of football supporters and even I'd agree that opposition footie fans, in general, wouldn't be able to sit together and playfully taunt each other which me and my mates do at every rugby match.

Liam

Archived