Lidl Inferno Pizza

Epic meal time!

I normally record my culinary experiments and put them on YouTube but I never this time. Took a picture though.

post-20107-0-91020000-1327446557_thumb.j

It was really nice. We tipped it upside down onto the pizza base and the cheese sauce acted as the tomato sauce on a normal pizza. LIDL lasagne tasted fucking brilliant by the way. Next time I think we're going to make our own dough and our own lasagne, though, and maybe make a calzone-style thing.

Got one today. A major plus in certain Lidls which has not been mentioned is the bakery section (Jamaica Street on Glasgow for example). The smell from the area was simply tremendous, and for something like 30p I got a large and very tasty pain au chocolat, which kicks seven shades of shit out of anything, say, Greggs would offer.

Four doughnuts for a pound is excellent.

I personally like to grate a bit of cheese on it, and cook it for a bit longer than it recommends. 1 lasagne can easily feed two, or even three people, its a bargain! I'm convinced it'd be more expensive and less tasty for me to make my own.

I have purchased an inferno and will consume tomorrow. By the way, is the lasagna in question the individual Alfredo one (Same make as the pizza)? as i had that thinking that's what you were all raving about and it was distinctly 'meh'.

I have purchased an inferno and will consume tomorrow. By the way, is the lasagna in question the individual Alfredo one (Same make as the pizza)? as i had that thinking that's what you were all raving about and it was distinctly 'meh'.

Yes, it is. I love the stuff.

Went back to lidl today and bought 2 infernos for the weekend. Stock levels in Falkirk are healthy. I also got a lasagne and halved it with the bird for lunch. It was nice but not something I would eat regular. Also got some other bits and bobs. Enjoyable shopping experience it has to be said.

Bought two of these badboy pizzas last night. May have one later on if I'm feeling in the mood.

I can also vouch for Lidl's lasagne too - by far and away the best lasagne I've tasted and anyone who says otherwise should be put down. Simple as that.

I think Lidl gets a bad rap. Some of their food is outstanding, and it's dirt cheap.

The lasagne is the absolute bollocks as well :D .

Adding to the good things from Lidl list:

The frozen scampi: dirt cheap and lots of it in a bag.

Fucking noted! Scampi is the dogs danglies but the stuff in the UK supermarkets is expensive for how much you get.

Get your Aldi chat to f**k.

Aldi looks like a proper supermarket. Lidl here is a bit of a dive. If I don't get a pizza soon I'll need to go to Coatbridge, which will be doubly humiliating.

Whe you're walking through Aldi or Lidl do you always avert your eyes from the "offers".....like real brogues for £9.99 and fashion t-shirts for £1.99 a packet of three, in case some one sees you pausing even momentarily and thinks you're buying it.