Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

can your knuckles touch the ground from a standing position ?

are you incapable of forming your own opinion ?

do you answer an echo-y phone call and feel the need to start singing ?

did that last joke go over your head ?

if the answer is yes to all then you can join

ðŸ˜ðŸ˜ðŸ˜

What are we jealous of?

It's a lazy accusation many Bears throw out from time to time.  Anyone disliking them is simply jealous of their success.  That's because most Rangers fans themselves are heavily motivated by success; that's why they chose Rangers in the first place.  They don't / can't / won't understand that diddies are motivated by supporting a team they identify with based on where they are from or where they live, so they assume we must be jealous.

As many people say, if a diddy craved success so much then they wouldn't be a diddy fan in the first place.

It's a lazy accusation many Bears throw out from time to time.  Anyone disliking them is simply jealous of their success.  That's because most Rangers fans themselves are heavily motivated by success; that's why they chose Rangers in the first place.  They don't / can't / won't understand that diddies are motivated by supporting a team they identify with based on where they are from or where they live, so they assume we must be jealous.

I can't think of any Rangers fan I know who actively chose to support Rangers (though they probably exist).  Most of us end up supporting the clubs we do in the same way - through being taken to games by fathers/uncles/older brothers etc.  This, "We chose Rangers because we're glory hunters" is a diddy myth.

I can't think of any Rangers fan I know who actively chose to support Rangers (though they probably exist). Most of us end up supporting the clubs we do in the same way - through being taken to games by fathers/uncles/older brothers etc. This, "We chose Rangers because we're glory hunters" is a diddy myth.

It must have happened on a large scale at some point in the past though. There must be some reason why Rangers are so well supported compared compared to most of the other teams.

I can't think of any Rangers fan I know who actively chose to support Rangers (though they probably exist). Most of us end up supporting the clubs we do in the same way - through being taken to games by fathers/uncles/older brothers etc. This, "We chose Rangers because we're glory hunters" is a diddy myth.

The fact you don't sell out every game at ibrox is testimony to the fact that your team has a high proportion of glory hunters.

So many arm chair fans wearing the blue top every day and never set foot in ibrox.

My dad took me to Ibrox. My dad bought me Rangers tops. But guess what, I got old enough and made my own choices.

It must have happened on a large scale at some point in the past though. There must be some reason why Rangers are so well supported compared compared to most of the other teams.

I'll ask Youngsy.  I'm pretty sure he was at our first match at Flesher's Haugh.

The fact you don't sell out every game at ibrox is testimony to the fact that your team has a high proportion of glory hunters.

A proportion, for sure...but how high it is is open to debate.  Also, I don't see any indication of fans choosing to support us simply because of our record of success.  Anecdotally, it's through family and friends as it is with many other teams.

My dad took me to Ibrox. My dad bought me Rangers tops. But guess what, I got old enough and made my own choices.

Well I've noticed your sneaking admiration for us this week, Bino.  Once a Ranger...;)

I'll ask Youngsy. I'm pretty sure he was at our first match at Flesher's Haugh.

A proportion, for sure...but how high it is is open to debate. Also, I don't see any indication of fans choosing to support us simply because of our record of success. Anecdotally, it's through family and friends as it is with many other teams.

Well I've noticed your sneaking admiration for us this week, Bino. Once a Ranger...;)

Ha. Some of my friends still remember and remind me of that to this day. I'll never escape it. My dad also reminds me I once cried after Celtic beat Rangers 2-0 at Parkhead, game where 3 Rangers players got sent off. Think it was in the cup. Still, I don't miss it and find supporting my local team to be far more rewarding. I'm passionate about where I'm from and they are my team and I wouldn't have it any other way.

But enough about me.

Regarding "choosing" a team, I think we know most people don't wake up and choose a team one day like they might choose, say, a house. But success (and a lot of media coverage) definitely sustains people and keeps them attached to a club they might otherwise grow apart from.

Edited by BinoBalls

Ha. Some of my friends still remember and remind me of that to this day. I'll never escape it. My dad also reminds me I once cried after Celtic beat Rangers 2-0 at Parkhead, game where 3 Rangers players got sent off.

Impending tissue shortage in Stirling if Bino1872 watches this:

It amuses me, carry on.

Sure it does Ted, we all believe you whenever you claim to find things funny.

That'll be why you were about to pop a blood vessel arguing with me and calling all and sundry a c**t last week :lol:

Face facts: you're a Bear and you're angry. Embrace your inner self.

I can't think of any Rangers fan I know who actively chose to support Rangers (though they probably exist).  Most of us end up supporting the clubs we do in the same way - through being taken to games by fathers/uncles/older brothers etc.  This, "We chose Rangers because we're glory hunters" is a diddy myth.

Thepundit did.

Anyway, why do so many fathers/uncles etc support the OF? Don't kid yourself that it's not about being attached to something that gets to play with loaded dice and therefore achieves a version of success.