Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Rangers need to play in the Premiership against Premiership clubs more than those clubs need Rangers. The last four years have been proof of this. :P

Rangers have earned their place in next years Premiership through being a better team on the pitch than the others in their league rather than as some were trying to suggest over the last few years that they should be automatically inserted into the top division for financial or political reasons.

No one other than the Rangers support are going to be happy with Rangers promotion to the top tier, but it has been done correctly and with integrity as it should be done, ...on the football pitch.

Some might disagree with this, but I'm pleased the way it has turned out without any attempt to leapfrog one club right into the top tier or reconstruct the leagues for the benefit of one club.

you're the one that seems to be having difficulty with it, as officially the club survived it as explained numerous times, you believe differently, contrary to that evidence

Philosophers used to argue about how many angels could dance on the head of a pin.  Didn't mean that angels actually existed.

Now the equity is one interesting factor.. alot of the money loaned and owed is to be converted to equity no argument there. However there is currently no way to do it as they are not listed on an exchange which can be a massive spanner in the works

Now the equity is one interesting factor.. alot of the money loaned and owed is to be converted to equity no argument there. However there is currently no way to do it as they are not listed on an exchange which can be a massive spanner in the works

A bigger issue is that they do not have shareholder approval as they previously failed with the motion to disapply pre-emptive rights which means existing shareholders have the right to take part in any fundraising in proportion to their current holding and Rangers do not have authority to issue enough shares for this.

a fifa news article is not the official word of fifa, hope that helps, if you do believe its the offical word of fifa, there are about five other articles that say we are the same club so its 5-1 in favour of us

Exactly.

This is debatable and not clear cut.

Even the corrupt ruling bodies you place such faith in, can't agree on a coherent reading.

It's all murky. Continuity kinda happened.

The evidence, when considered as a whole, supports me.

Are people denying some club chairmen see rangers as a cash cow?

More money? But I thought everything was booming with sell out Saturdays and fans filling stadiums to the brim like they promised...

More money? But I thought everything was booming with sell out Saturdays and fans filling stadiums to the brim like they promised...

They said our clubs would go bust without Rangers in the top league.

Rangers need to play in the Premiership against Premiership clubs more than those clubs need Rangers. The last four years have been proof of this. :P

Rangers have earned their place in next years Premiership through being a better team on the pitch than the others in their league rather than as some were trying to suggest over the last few years that they should be automatically inserted into the top division for financial or political reasons.

No one other than the Rangers support are going to be happy with Rangers promotion to the top tier, but it has been done correctly and with integrity as it should be done, ...on the football pitch.

Some might disagree with this, but I'm pleased the way it has turned out without any attempt to leapfrog one club right into the top tier or reconstruct the leagues for the benefit of one club.

A decent post.

I'm sorry to see Rangers getting into the top flight - their shambling around these last few seasons has been wonderful.

I'm glad it's been earned via football matches though.

The whole thing has been great, but for me the disappointment that remains, concerns title stripping.

Without it, there's not been full justice.

They said our clubs would go bust without Rangers in the top league.

Luckily a deal was reached with the TV companies to show Rangers games and that was averted.

And Scottish fitba limped onwards until Rangers got back.

Contrary to my usual bear baiting, here's an article which might just show that Rangers' promotion may see an improvement in the top flight.http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36100893

I don't think the article says any such thing.

It says that St Johnstone will spend more money.

It says there might be some more money in the top flight.

Will St Johnstone be better off in relation to the biggest clubs in their league though?

Nope. They'll be worse off.

Are St Johnstone more or less likely to win a cup and/or qualify for Europe than has recently been the case?

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Luckily a deal was reached with the TV companies to show Rangers games and that was averted.

And Scottish fitba limped onwards until Rangers got back.

TV contracts are much less significant than you think in our game.

Three quarters of the clubs in " Scottish fitba" had limped on for a long time without a penny from TV.

I'd have hoped a Rangers fan might by now have recognised that a game exists beneath the top tier.

TV contracts are much less significant than you think in our game.

Three quarters of the clubs in " Scottish fitba" had limped on for a long time without a penny from TV.

I'd have hoped a Rangers fan might by now have recognised that a game exists beneath the top tier.

The link posted by stoney was referring to premiership cubs tho, as you well know.

Again with the Richard Gough shit.

They fking begged, borrowed and stole to get to the top division, nothing more.

A bit harsh Wisbit.

I'm not for a moment suggesting that there's anything remotely impressive in their progress to this point. It's been largely shambolic and has indeed once more relied on spending which wildly outstripped income.

All I'm saying is that this was preferable to a rigging of things whereby they got straight into either of the top two flights in 2012, or benefited from league restructuring since.

Any restructuring that has ensued, in terms of one league body, play-offs for the top tier and relaxed ground criteria, has been positive.

Obviously, Rangers' complete disappearance would have been preferable, but failing that, making the highest division was inevitable and there are worse ways for that to have come about.

Fking hell it's Richard Gough.

The point I'm making is that we won. Rangers fans think they have by having their club winning promotion to the top flight, but there has been no meddling or tinkering with the leagues to fast track Rangers into the top flight. With all the GIFRUYs, the piss, wind and bluster from the Armies of Darkness believing they have beaten the G&Gs and the diddies, its actually integrity and fairplay that has won....a quiet victory.

It makes no difference if they are up for the first time or back in the top tier depending on opinion, history will always remember Rangers going bust, the overspending under Charles Green, the mismanagement and how the club even turned on its own supporters, the fraud trial, I could go on. It makes no difference if they are up for the first time or back in the top tier or even if they beat our clubs four or five nil next season. They did all that to themselves no one else is to blame, probably the most embarrassing yet hilarious run of events to happen in Scottish sport and to such a despicable club that has had such a negative and self serving influence in Scottish football, such irony, such karma. 

Scottish football will never be the same again, no matter how much they will try to pretend otherwise.