Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I don't think the old order has been restored, no one seems to have picked up on the power shift in Scottish football away from Celtic and Rangers towards the other 40 clubs through the merging of the two governing league bodies and a fairer distribution of prize money, then there was the voting system in the SPL 10-2 which blocked any change that didn't suit the big two that went bye bye with the SPL as examples. On the pitch it looks like the old order is near to being restored, but off the pitch no.

I absolutely welcome the emergence of one governing body for the forty two clubs, although I'm less happy about Doncaster remaining at the helm of it.

I absolutely welcome the emergence of play-offs for joining the top tier, although I'd rather the system was less favourable to the side already there.

I absolutely welcome the sanity that has prevailed over stadium requirements, but lament the damage done by the previous stipulations.

I absolutely welcome an improved distribution of prize money as the top two were previously guaranteed a wildly disproportionate chunk, but I would like to see the differentials in sums ironed out further to do away with any need for parachute payments.

However, the 10-2 voting system remains in place as far as I'm aware and we've largely got the twat who is Milne at Aberdeen, to thank for that.

Please tell me that no sane person believes this.

Edited to add, this was one of Scottish football's most shameful episodes.  The old SPL holding a gun to David Longmuir's temple and, sadly, he blinked.

Had he had the cajones we'd have had quite a different settlement but sadly, we now have the tail wagging the dog all in pursuit of The Blue Pound.

Not that you would consider what the clubs in the SFL would want?. All of a sudden Rangers fans show their caring side for a league body they quit and then isolated back in 1998.

Not quite sure you know one end of a dog from another.  :lol:  Longmuir as a chief executive was an employee of the league body the SFL, a league made up of 30 clubs, each club had membership and a vote. Those clubs voted who they wanted as a chief executive and Longmuir got the job. The CE can propose ideas just as any club can he cannot force change on clubs without their approval, same goes for Doncaster. If the majority of the SFL clubs vote that newco should not start in the 1st Division or that they wished to merge with the SPL then the CE has to go with it regardless of his own opinion or what was the point of him being employed as a CE in the first place?.

And remember the one of the prime movers behind the SPL's formation was Rangers, this was greed motivated to cut out the smaller clubs share and also to make it harder for the smaller clubs to gain entry to the top flight to maximise revenue for the two biggest clubs and the clubs that hang off their coattails for the crumbs. Suddenly there's sympathy for Longmuir from the Rangers supporters, utter bollox, pull the other one. :lol:

You quite obviously want things back the way they were and the old SPL back, its never going to happen again. I for one am glad to see the back of the SPL and you need to get over it, its gone forever.

On an unrelated note, I see that there's an interview with Graeme Souness on Radio Scotland soon.

I wonder whether anyone will ask him why, when he was Newcastle manager, he chose to buy a player for eight million quid - a player that he could've picked up for free just a few months earlier - from another club that was paying him a secret retainer fee?

Always thought that was a bit of a strange one, myself.

Update: Nope, no chance - just Chick Young delivering an embarrassing, Dyson-strength suck-job, much like the rest of the press does whenever they're in Souness's presence.

Updated update: Not only that, but then one of the pundits announces that "You have to separate the Souness years at Rangers from the EBT years".

This, while said pundit is fully aware that Souness himself had a once-secret EBT from Rangers while he was managing another club.  Awesome skillz.

Edited by flyingrodent

I have to say that I do not know any Rangers fans that want that.

Hey Ted!  Just wondering, after you make the trip from Angus to Glasgow for "home" games, how do you spend the time before kick-off?  Is that when you delete the old posts that may get quoted back at you, or do you do that in the evenings in between your 15 posts a day for the last 4 years?  Do let me know.  :lol:

You totally are obsessed with me, like a wee dug yapping in the corner wanting its head rubbed  :lol:

I stay just outside Perth now m8, a mile off the A9 and literally 60 mins away from the big hoose.

Talking of obsessed, just noticed you've made your signature about me, what a delight Ted!  No coincidence it came after last week when you went all wobbly and started breaking down.  Only took about 5 posts too, piss easy.  If I'm a dug then you can be my pet hamster, running about on its wheel like you run about deleting old posts :lol: :lol:

However, the 10-2 voting system remains in place as far as I'm aware and we've largely got the twat who is Milne at Aberdeen, to thank for that.

Yip - an absolute fucking disgrace of a man.

His salty tears when the voting system he voted to retain quashed yon utterly ludicrous reconstruction plans did provide some satisfaction though.

Scottish Football really is the bastion of the bellend.

Yip - an absolute fucking disgrace of a man.

His salty tears when the voting system he voted to retain quashed yon utterly ludicrous reconstruction plans did provide some satisfaction though.

Scottish Football really is the bastion of the bellend.

Don't worry. We'll fix it......as usual. :lol:

Edited by Solitaire