Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

I'm just sticking this in here to set up a bookmark for next year. When Rangers eventually release their June 2017 accounts, it will be interesting to see how close Global Sports' figures match up with reality.

If the figures being discussed in another thread (source: http://www.globalsportssalaries.com/) are correct, then Rangers' first team wage bill for this season is looking somewhere around 7.2M, maybe a bit lower if they really have managed to get rid of Barton for less than this season's remaining salary.  The 7.2M is based on a first-team squad of 23 players (including Barton) on an average of 317K pa.

According to the accounts, the same figure for the 2015-16 season was 6.4M, so not a huge increase in real terms but I still think it's a shocking lack of prudence to be spending more than twice as much as their nearest rivals, Aberdeen, when the company is living on loans.

2 minutes ago, bennett said:

Aberdeen's wages increased from £6.4m to £6.8m, yet our alleged £7.2m wage bill is twice as much as Aberdeen's apparently.

You're comparing first team squad wages with the whole club's wages including playing staff, admin staff, club shop and directors there m8y.

I always get a good chuckle when i see bennet is still going on about bloggers especially phil mcjobby, your obsession is glorious :lol:

Give Phil some credit he must be one of the few that has made legit money from oldco's Downfall :lol:

90% of Celtic fans think the guy is a bit of a tit but 100% do get a good chuckle at the zombies raging about him :lol:

5 minutes ago, bennett said:

It never fails, a wee dig at macgilligan and ......

nobody actually fusses about phil McUnspellable...... apart from you.

somebody has a jibe at The Club That Wants To Be Called Rangers and you are immediately  stepping in with some deflective, pavlovian 'Phil' nonsense.

as you say 'it never fails'