Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Very different from what happened with Rangers on the sporting side. The Bradford rugby league club has ceased to play whereas with Rangers the football club did not. With Bradford the sport's authorities have called for bids for a brand new club and there are 10 parties interested in setting up a totally new sports club. That didn't happen with Rangers.

Rangers FC 1872 DID cease to play.

A NEW club fielded a team to play Brechin City in their first game of their journey. Remember the shirts with the 5 stars hidden in the oxters?

5 minutes ago, Bearwithme said:

Very different from what happened with Rangers on the sporting side. The Bradford rugby league club has ceased to play whereas with Rangers the football club did not. With Bradford the sport's authorities have called for bids for a brand new club and there are 10 parties interested in setting up a totally new sports club. That didn't happen with Rangers.

You're dead right.  With Rangers, there was only one bid to set up a new club, not ten.

Someone linked an article where somebody claimed that if rangers fans believe we are the same club then why do we "go on about it and repeat it daily " :lol: truth is it is completely the other way round , this thread , social media etc is crammed full of the same individuals falling over each other every day to give it they're deid patter. So like that article I will ask the question why?

6 minutes ago, The Tedi said:

You would have decide for yourself, based on the above you support Dundee FC Mk2.

Your original club Dundee Football Athletic Club went into liquidation on the 17th December 1898, you support a new company now, 'liquidation is liquidation' after all.

Not sure how upset Dundee fans are going to be about an insolvency event from almost 120 years ago m8

Edited by flyingrodent

Someone linked an article where somebody claimed that if rangers fans believe we are the same club then why do we "go on about it and repeat it daily " :lol: truth is it is completely the other way round , this thread , social media etc is crammed full of the same individuals falling over each other every day to give it they're deid patter. So like that article I will ask the question why?

What date did Rangers exit administration?

45 minutes ago, Bearwithme said:

That is an important distinction as far as I'm concerned.

It makes the new Rugby League club in Bradford a bit newer than the latest version of Rangers is.  For me, there are grey areas and this new Rugby League club is simply a bit further along that newness spectrum than was Rangers. 

In both cases though, continuation is a guddly, partial affair; just not quite equally guddly and partial.

Just now, The Tedi said:

Not too upset i imagine, even as late as 1983 they were listing the founding date of their club as 1898 in their official program, everyone sensible of course realised that despite the original club being liquidated did not make the slightest bit of difference, they were still the original Dundee FC,

Only hate filled Rangers obsessives like Bobby will claim they support DundeeFC Mk2 just so they can call Rangers a new club, sad really.

^^^

Missing Bennett imo

12 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

The same reason why we have a 'Club 1872', banners about 'Then, Now and Forever' and constant references to history and dates in the nineteenth century emanating from the cub and its fans.  It's also why this 'Going for 55' drivel has entered the language.

All of these things have only really started since liquidation.  

Say that some on the opposing side should drop it if you like; don't pretend however that an obsession with the question of continuation is confined to just one side though.  For that would be easily dismantled shite.

5 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The same reason why we have a 'Club 1872', banners about 'Then, Now and Forever' and constant references to history and dates in the nineteenth century emanating from the cub and its fans.  It's also why this 'Going for 55' drivel has entered the language.

Say that some on the opposing side should drop it if you like; don't pretend however that an obsession with the question of continuation is confined to just one side though.  For that would be easily dismantled shite.

I dont think I did say that , infact numerous amounts of my previous posts have clearly stated that both sides have played their part in the scenario and also the going for 55 is just a continuation of the 54 and counting , compare the titles stuff which was going on for years amongst rangers fans before 2012 . It really kicked off when we won number 50 in 2003 . 

Edited by Forever_blueco

55 does seem a fairly arbitrary milestone

If the old Rangers been out for a total of 49 this might make more sense.

2 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I dont think I did say that , infact numerous amounts of my previous posts have clearly stated that both sides have played their part in the scenario

You totally did say that, at the top of this page when you said "truth is it is completely the other way round".

I'm saying that both polarised sides are equally hung up on this question and you're very clearly saying it's done much more by one side - the one you happen to disagree with.

Obviously, you're wrong.

11 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Something I found rather desperate was how that pretty much overnight they went from being Rangers 1873 to Rangers 1872 before pushing forward with the "this is our 140th year on the go" after the embarrassment of liquidation finished them.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

You totally did say that, at the top of this page when you said "truth is it is completely the other way round".

I'm saying that both polarised sides are equally hung up on this question and you're very clearly saying it's done much more by one side - the one you happen to disagree with.

Obviously, you're wrong.

I think a look on social media and it's quite clear that one side is more hung up on the idea than the other , any rangers related post on Facebook or Twitter is met with countless posts of raging lunatics desperate to declare "you are deid" yet hardly any non rangers related posts are as crammed full of rangers fans desperately declaring  "were no deid"

6 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

I think a look on social media and it's quite clear that one side is more hung up on the idea than the other , any rangers related post on Facebook or Twitter is met with countless posts of raging lunatics desperate to declare "you are deid" yet hardly any non rangers related posts are as crammed full of rangers fans desperately declaring  "were no deid"

That's hardly surprising.

You would have decide for yourself, based on the above you support Dundee FC Mk2.
Your original club Dundee Football Athletic Club went into liquidation on the 17th December 1898, you support a new company now, 'liquidation is liquidation' after all.

So my team is 119 years old ? And your team is 5 years old. Agree or disagree?

14 minutes ago, Forever_blueco said:

Indeed, FB.  P&B posts more about us now than it did 5 years ago.  Peculiar behaviour if we're deid.

Anyway, title-stripping, deid club, cheating?  This is turning in to a typical match thread.