Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

25 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

It was more a tongue in cheek question to be honest but hey ho. 

Sorry, missed the tone there a bit. Makes sense now.

3 hours ago, BobWilliamson said:

I am not trying to end a discussion. I was asking a question. Do you really care that much? No matter what the court case says Rangers will still be Rangers to me and you will  still go on believing Rangers are, Not exactly sure what you think Rangers are and TBH i am scared to ask.

As for changing the Channel and not phoning Ofcom. Have you ever ventured on to Follow Follow ?  They have Ofcom on speed dial FFS!!:thumsup2

Edited by aDONisSheep

GAME, SET AND MATCH , THE SEVCO FC 2012

Bradford: RFL agrees deal for new club in city after Bradford Bulls liquidated

_70228010_70228009.jpg

By Dave Woods

Rugby league correspondent

Sharethis page
Odsal Stadium
Bradford has had a rugby league presence since the beginning of the Northern Union in 1895

The Rugby Football League has agreed a deal that will see a new club set up in Bradford for the start of the season.

The old Bradford Bulls was liquidated earlier this month after its latest spell in administration, after years of financial problems.

Four bids to revive the club were received by the game's governing body.

The identity of the winning consortium is not expected to be revealed until next week, but it is believed to be headed by Andrew Chalmers.

He is a former chairman of New Zealand Rugby League and used to be a director at Salford Red Devils.

Former Wigan and New Zealand coach Graham Lowe is also believed to be involved.

The group came close to taking the Bulls out of administration during the Christmas period, when a bid they made was rubber-stamped by the RFL, only to be rejected by the administrator.

Chalmers registered the name Bradford Bulls 2017 at Companies House on Friday, and is now expected to meet with the former Bradford Bulls players.

RFL director of operations and legal, Karen Moorhouse, said: "The RFL is confident that the consortium selected to run a new club in Bradford will provide an exciting and stable future for rugby league in the city."

Earlier this week, a proposed pre-season friendly for a Bradford Select XIII due to take place on Sunday was called off because they do not have enough players.

The new club will remain in the Kingstone Press Championship, but will start the new season with a 12-point deficit.

They will also continue playing at Odsal Stadium, the lease for which is owned by the RFL.

6 minutes ago, shull said:

GAME, SET AND MATCH , THE SEVCO FC 2012

Bradford: RFL agrees deal for new club in city after Bradford Bulls liquidated

_70228010_70228009.jpg

By Dave Woods

Rugby league correspondent

Sharethis page
Odsal Stadium
Bradford has had a rugby league presence since the beginning of the Northern Union in 1895

The Rugby Football League has agreed a deal that will see a new club set up in Bradford for the start of the season.

The old Bradford Bulls was liquidated earlier this month after its latest spell in administration, after years of financial problems.

Four bids to revive the club were received by the game's governing body.

The identity of the winning consortium is not expected to be revealed until next week, but it is believed to be headed by Andrew Chalmers.

He is a former chairman of New Zealand Rugby League and used to be a director at Salford Red Devils.

Former Wigan and New Zealand coach Graham Lowe is also believed to be involved.

The group came close to taking the Bulls out of administration during the Christmas period, when a bid they made was rubber-stamped by the RFL, only to be rejected by the administrator.

Chalmers registered the name Bradford Bulls 2017 at Companies House on Friday, and is now expected to meet with the former Bradford Bulls players.

RFL director of operations and legal, Karen Moorhouse, said: "The RFL is confident that the consortium selected to run a new club in Bradford will provide an exciting and stable future for rugby league in the city."

Earlier this week, a proposed pre-season friendly for a Bradford Select XIII due to take place on Sunday was called off because they do not have enough players.

The new club will remain in the Kingstone Press Championship, but will start the new season with a 12-point deficit.

They will also continue playing at Odsal Stadium, the lease for which is owned by the RFL.

They must be confused. The club is still the Bradford Bulls. It's the company that's called Bradford Bulls 2017.

They obviously don't know that a club is defined by the fact that Neil Doncaster says it is, so there! 

As the saying goes;

Bradford Bulls then, Bradford Bulls till erm recently, Bradford Bulls erm now, Bradford Northern at one time...  Oh, erm, I'm not very good at this make believe stuff.  

Wheres founding father Charles 'Chuckles' Green when you need him :(

Yours

aDONis 

9 hours ago, Beano 3d said:

I must echo the comments re Sugna - excellent posts. There is a thing currently in existence called Rangers. I find the arguments over whether it's a continuation of a previous thing called Rangers or not completely irrelevant. Some people choose to believe it is and it has won 54 titles. Others choose to believe it isn't. There is no way of conclusively "proving" this one way or another because there is no agreed frame of reference within which to do so.

The one thing I do find hard to understand is why supporters (however you want to define that word!) of the Rangers thing want to lay claim to the titles within the 54 that the Rangers thing cheated to win.

Excellent.

Will the Bradford Bulls fans start sending death threats; IEDs; bullets etc to any journalist who dares use the 2017 suffix in reports? Will they march on the headquarters of the inferior rugby's governing body?

Or, will they just get on with it and accept that they have a club to support?

4 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The mistake you're making is thinking anyone cares what happens to Coral, far less the P&B uber-diddies.

No, but people are interested in the outcome of this case involving them.

I'm quite interested myself, although I don't see either possible outcome as hugely significant.

5 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

The mistake you're making is thinking anyone cares what happens to Coral, far less the P&B uber-diddies.

The mistake you have made since 2012 is underestimating the feeling of unity amongst fans of clubs who are relieved that at last someone stood up to the greed and bullying from the former club.  A bit like your club's and fans' continual support of the poppy............We will never forget !  We will never let you forget ! 

Edited by theoriginalhedge

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

The mistake you have made since 2012 is underestimating the feeling of unity amongst fans of clubs who are relieved that at last someone stood up to the greed and bullying from the former club.  A bit like your club's and fans' continual support of the poppy............We will never forget !  We will never let you forget ! 

It has also exposed the utter incompetence in those who run our game and the incredible bias that there is towards two clubs, two clubs who have built their business by tapping into hatred. Prior to this clubs were allowed to die, names had to be changed for some semblance of continuation, Airdrieonians; Gretna; Clydebank; etc. even English clubs jumped on the bandwagon, Middlesbrough changed the date on their badge from 1986 back to the original date.

Fiorentina, Parma, Timisoara and many others are forced to show recognition of their refoundation.

Then there was the lack title stripping, years of cheating and the titles were allowed to stand. 

The game is a bogey, the champions of Scotland title is worthless it is not won by whomever can afford the best sports team, it is won by whoever can keep their overspending hidden for the longest.

The unity shown by fans of other teams was astounding but it achieved nothing other than showing that paying £20+ a ticket is pointless in a fixed sport. Far better off saving that money and watching real sportsmen for two weeks with a trip to the TT on the Isle of Man. 

Edited by stonedsailor

1 hour ago, stonedsailor said:

It has also exposed the utter incompetence in those who run our game and the incredible bias that there is towards two clubs, two clubs who have built their business by tapping into hatred. Prior to this clubs were allowed to die, names had to be changed for some semblance of continuation, Airdrieonians; Gretna; Clydebank; etc. even English clubs jumped on the bandwagon, Middlesbrough changed the date on their badge from 1986 back to the original date.

Fiorentina, Parma, Timisoara and many others are forced to show recognition of their refoundation.

Then there was the lack title stripping, years of cheating and the titles were allowed to stand. 

The game is a bogey, the champions of Scotland title is worthless it is not won by whomever can afford the best sports team, it is won by whoever can keep their overspending hidden for the longest.

The unity shown by fans of other teams was astounding but it achieved nothing other than showing that paying £20+ a ticket is pointless in a fixed sport. Far better off saving that money and watching real sportsmen for two weeks with a trip to the TT on the Isle of Man. 

I genuinely laughed out loud.

It's all pointless, The games a bogey yet you and a very small , though dedicated, band of Diddies spend all day everyday trying to convince yourself Rangers are not Rangers.

The worlds moved on SS. It has been five years and it is maybe time you gave up and joined us all back in the real world.

Oh believe me I know there are many many Rangers supporters who also refuse to move on. They are mostly the bitter hatefilled fuckwits  who see conspiracy in every decision from the football authorities to the media. 

You have so much in common with them...

I still do not care. I have my team to support every Saturday and that ll do for me.

31 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

It's all pointless, The games a bogey yet you and a very small , though dedicated, band of Diddies spend all day everyday trying to convince yourself Rangers are not Rangers.

The worlds moved on SS. It has been five years and it is maybe time you gave up and joined us all back in the real world.

Oh believe me I know there are many many Rangers supporters who also refuse to move on. They are mostly the bitter hatefilled fuckwits  who see conspiracy in every decision from the football authorities to the media. 

I still do not care. I have my team to support every Saturday and that ll do for me.

Have the pie shop and the face painter been paid yet ?  Or is that in dispute along with current bills ? 

51 minutes ago, BobWilliamson said:

I have given up. I have moved on. The game is a bogey. I am glad you laughed out loud. You are not laughing at me, you are laughing at the death of Scottish football. My back is turned on the sport now. I lost most of the passion I had for the game in 1994 to be honest. I never realised then but the "franchise football" taunt aimed at ICT was a rot spreading through the game. Look at the Rangers franchise, the original club ended up consigned to liquidation and their brand, their franchise sold to another company.

The game is decayed as much as Ibrox Stadium. 

I have a team to support every week too but they are as soulless as new Rangers.

Edited by stonedsailor

22 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

Have the pie shop and the face painter been paid yet ?  Or is that in dispute along with current bills ? 

No idea about the pie shop but the face painter has been paid.

I don't claim to speak for Rangers supporters as a whole but on a personal level it makes me sick to the stomach the way the club acted. You probably don't want to hear this but I wasn't to blame. Sorry but it's true. There were individuals and even club 'legends' who ripped off the support and outside companies. 

My only fault was blind faith and doing all I could to save the club I have supported all my life. Those b*****ds took advantage of the loyalty of the support.

I read on here and have heard the song 'you let your club die' on the other hand you criticise supporters like myself who faithfully bought the season tickets from the shysters. That's a bit of a contradiction 

Anyway. Every decision has shown Rangers are Rangers but that , as yet, has not changed your mind. Good for you and believe what you want. Rangers will always be Rangers to me no matter what you or the biker say

9 minutes ago, stonedsailor said:

I have given up. I have moved on. The game is a bogey. I am glad you laughed out loud. You are not laughing at me, you are laughing at the death of Scottish football. My back is turned on the sport now. I lost most of the passion I had for the game in 1994 to be honest. I never realised then but the "franchise football" taunt aimed at ICT was a rot spreading through the game. Look at the Rangers franchise, the original club ended up consigned to liquidation and their brand, their franchise sold to another company.

The game is decayed as much as Ibrox Stadium. 

I have a team to support every week too but they are as soulless as new Rangers.

If this is you moved on I would hate to see what you were like if something still bothered 

Again I genuinely laughed out loud. 

1 minute ago, BobWilliamson said:

If this is you moved on I would hate to see what you were like if something still bothered 

Again I genuinely laughed out loud. 

The death of Scottish football, and football's deterioration in general still interests me, the game itself not so much.

Just look at the proven corruption from FIFA all the way down.

I am glad my views on the matter amuse you.

1 hour ago, BobWilliamson said:

Anyway. Every decision has shown Rangers are Rangers but that , as yet, has not changed your mind. Good for you and believe what you want. Rangers will always be Rangers to me no matter what you or the biker say

Every decision? What about the TUPE rebels and the international clearance issued by FIFA and the SFA or the SFA's decision that Rangers right to arbitration over the TUPE rebels was not transferable to Rangers? Amongst others.

Edited by stonedsailor