Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

So if I'd written rangers to be liquidated and they didn't put it in their literature I wouldn't get paid out???

Corals understanding of the bet at the time was rangers to finish bottom. Any ambiguity is removed by the odds offered. If I write 'Andy Murray' to win on a slip just before a match starts and ask the cashier to quickly write the price on and it's 1/33 that informs me that's it's to win his match and not the Aussie open which would be 5/6.

So the Scottish Footballing bodies decided on the definition of a club contrary to how FIFA define a club? According to the SPL lawyer. 

Screenshot_20170119-114108.png

Edited by stonedsailor

"The collapse of Bradford Bulls, among the most decorated British rugby league clubs in the past two decades, is one of the biggest sporting financial failures in recent years alongside the the liquidation of the former Rangers Football Club in Scotland in 2012 and Championship rugby union side London Welsh in December"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/38637113

Tee-hee.  The good old Beeb, forgetting about the 'fairy story, ethereal club' line.

Back on THE LIST for them...  (If they ever came off it, of course).

Yours

aDONis

37 minutes ago, aDONisSheep said:

"The collapse of Bradford Bulls, among the most decorated British rugby league clubs in the past two decades, is one of the biggest sporting financial failures in recent years alongside the the liquidation of the former Rangers Football Club in Scotland in 2012 and Championship rugby union side London Welsh in December"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/38637113

Tee-hee.  The good old Beeb, forgetting about the 'fairy story, ethereal club' line.

Back on THE LIST for them...  (If they ever came off it, of course).

Yours

aDONis

The interesting thing from that is that it doesn't come from BBC Scotland. 

Whoever wrote it felt free to make that utterly non contentious and irrefutable statement about the club being liquidated.  Had that been up here, the writer would have tied himself in knots to couch it in terms of controlling companies and similar nonsense.  

Sometimes, an outsider is needed to point out how little the emperor is wearing.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Whoever wrote it felt free to make that utterly non contentious and irrefutable statement about the club being liquidated.  Had that been up here, the writer would have tied himself in knots to couch it in terms of controlling companies and similar nonsense.  

What utter tosh.  Of course we're being liquidated.  Who the f**k suggested otherwise?  How on earth is Bradford Bulls not being granted a license to keep playing in anyway related to us?

It's almost like the goldfish diddies can't remember what happened a short while ago.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

What utter tosh.  Of course we're being liquidated.  Who the f**k suggested otherwise?  How on earth is Bradford Bulls not being granted a license to keep playing in anyway related to us?

It's almost like the goldfish diddies can't remember what happened a short while ago.

What are you on about?

It's not me that drew the parallel.  I've already posted on here about where the similarities begin and end.  

I'm picking up on the writer of that piece's confidence, in stating unambiguously that the club (as opposed merely to a related company) faced liquidation.

My observation, sure as Hell did not represent "tosh".  My recollection of events is quite sound, thank you.

And your spelling of licence is wrong.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm picking up on the writer of that piece's confidence, in stating unambiguously that the club (as opposed merely to a related company) faced liquidation.

Who ever disputed this?  You and your grey and green fellow travelers hang on everything looking for 'liquidation'.  To your collective demerit.

1 minute ago, The_Kincardine said:

Who ever disputed this?  You and your grey and green fellow travelers hang on everything looking for 'liquidation'.  To your collective demerit.

The idea that the thing that faced liquidation was a football club, as opposed simply to a company, has been wildly disputed, as you of course know.

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

The idea that the thing that faced liquidation was a football club, as opposed simply to a company, has been wildly disputed, as you of course know.

There's some obscure and arcane point that Kinky's trying to make.  Buggered if I know what it is though.

TK, is the entity playing at Ibrox at the moment entitled to claim the 54 league titles of the former club?

1 minute ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Really?  Certainly not by the actions of posters on here and certainly not comparing Bradford Bulls to Rangers.

Just now, The DA said:

TK, is the entity playing at Ibrox at the moment entitled to claim the 54 league titles of the former club?

Based on the attitude of posters?  Absolutely.  Treat us differently if we're a new club, then.  I've laboured this point hunners of times yet no PorD takes me up on it.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Really?  Certainly not by the actions of posters on here and certainly not comparing Bradford Bulls to Rangers.

Every single post that claims continuation to have been absolute and seamless, challenges the idea that the football club that was Rangers, faced liquidation.

There have been literally thousands of those.