Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Any truth in the rumour, that red bull are ready to invest in rangers? The story goes that the herald want to run with it, but robertson has asked them to sit on it.

The cynic in me says its a lot of shite and rangers have planted the story amongst the fans to keep them sweet and have some belief that they will be able to compete, financially, with celtic.

Any truth in the rumour, that red bull are ready to invest in rangers? The story goes that the herald want to run with it, but robertson has asked them to sit on it.

The cynic in me says its a lot of shite and rangers have planted the story amongst the fans to keep them sweet and have some belief that they will be able to compete, financially, with celtic.

More BULLshit than Red BULL

Just had a quick catch-up on a couple of clips, to see if there's any more clarity emerging from recent events.

Slightly to my surprise, Stewart Robertson seemed a lot more coherent than the Daily Record sports team. The surprising aspect wasn't that the Daily Record contribution was poorer than I expected: it was at exactly the level I anticipated, although they did at least make some progress in not describing Warburton's exit as a resignation. Instead, it was the fact that Robertson very obviously avoided any claims that Warburton had resigned, and generally made a pretty good fist of communicating some ideas and plans that were not obvious fantasy.

Given the emphasis placed on that point by King's statement, the complete absence of any reference to "resignation" from Robertson indicated to me that he has a cooler head and higher standards of honesty than King. Not a high bar, admittedly, but I think it shows that Robertson is a relatively sane individual and is probably quite a valuable man to have in place at the moment to cope with the stoor that King is kicking up.

I'm not at all sure about the words and actions on a DoF and an interim manager. I sort of feel that this and holding off for a "jam tomorrow" name manager is redolent of the Going for 55 rhetoric: it's a tightrope to get the best return from ST sales, but without committing explicitly to anything that would take too big a bite out of that revenue. Seems to be slightly lacking in subtlety to play it that way, but perhaps they know that enough of the target audience will be disposed to believe it.

If I can register a quick complaint, it is that Celtic aren't really holding up their side of the bargain to be as astonishing and amusing as Rangers; and indeed, have let us down on that front for a few years now. They need to up their game. The Red Imps tie showed promise, but that fizzled out far too quickly. Maybe that just shows how much of the Rangers trauma is directly related to finances, where Celtic (currently!) are pretty solid. But there's nothing to stop Rodgers planting a haymaker on Griffiths in training. Everyone could enjoy that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 02/04/2015 at 19:05, stonedsailor said:

King lied to the shareholders to gain control.

King lied openly. You are relying on his money. He lied he was branded a liar beforehand in a court of law.

If King passes a fit and proper test from the SFA you will see a fan revolt bigger than 2012. Have no doubt.

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/304810-the-board/

@Tedi I did promise you a fan revolt. Brace yersel.

47 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Impressive level of debate on there.

My favourite on the first page 'midst all the "tarrier" and "mongo" references, was the bit about the board being an "escape goat".

That jumped out at me too.

I am wondering if it is possible to buy such a creature?