Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

Can understand @dave.j rage , I mean my post seems to have taken the thread way off topic from the no doubt relevant discussion about the origins of the word "tarrier"  on a thread which in his eyes should only be about rangers financial fuckwittery . I am sure that was next on his target of discussions which should probably be on another thread aswell . 

Edited by Forever_blueco

On 26/02/2017 at 12:11, Forever_blueco said:

Can understand @dave.j rage , I mean my post seems to have taken the thread way off topic from the no doubt relevant discussion about the origins of the word "tarrier"  on a thread which in his eyes should only be about rangers financial fuckwittery . I am sure that was next on his target of discussions which should probably be on another thread aswell . 

Projection is like breathing for you isn't it?

On ‎15‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 00:03, dave.j said:

Any truth in the rumour, that red bull are ready to invest in rangers?

Get Barry in as the new manager, Sell Barrie to RB Leipzig for £6m. Give Barry the money they got for Barrie. Barry buys some new players. What can go wrong?

16 minutes ago, The Minertaur said:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/rangers-in-crisis-contract-shows-stefan-858413

Stefan Klos earned almost as much as David Beckham when at Rangers :lol: 

From the article,

Klos was the third highest earner from the EBT scheme behind former team skipper Barry Ferguson and Murray, the man who introduced the controversial tax trust.

Murray was paid £6.3m during his period at the Ibrox helm, Ferguson raked in £2.5m while the German keeper had £2m paid into an offshore account between December 1998 and June 2003.

A copy of Klos’s contract, obtained by Record Sport and which was lodged with the SPL, details his amazing renumeration package – but there is no mention on the document about an EBT.

I forgot that Murray made the most from EBTs himself, and no wonder Bazza wants back,

someone better tell him you now only get paid what is in the contract, and it will be a lot less than last time.

Edited by MEADOWXI

2 hours ago, Elbhoy said:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-shareholder-mike-ashley-plans-9967725.amp

Ashley plans £30m takeover bid to see off Dave King and retake control of Ibrox club

Be funny .

Will be interesting to see how this one goes, if it does that is. Zombies most hated man. Takes over club. Puts in investment. Club start to improve. Ashley becomes hero. All is forgotten Fat Mike. Fleeting loyalties and fickleness. Would make a mockery of the Ibrox faithfuls stance against him. Christ! Once they kiss and make up they could even give him a bj.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/15137729.Rangers__stand_off_with_Sports_Direct_is_costing_the_Ibrox_club_more_than_millions_of_pounds_in_lost_revenue/

Rangers' stand-off with Sports Direct is costing the Ibrox club more than millions of pounds in lost revenue

A Rangers fan stands on a Sports Direct banner during a protest at Ibrox.

A Rangers fan stands on a Sports Direct banner during a protest at Ibrox.

14 hrs ago / Matthew Lindsay, Chief Football Writer / @MattLindsayHT

THE long-running stand-off between Rangers and Sports Direct over their controversial merchandising agreement is costing the Ibrox club more than just millions of pounds in lost revenue.

That was the warning from a leading football finance expert yesterday in the wake of a further round of hostilities between the two factions in their ongoing dispute.

The bitter spat between the Ladbrokes Premiership club and the controversial high street retail giants has flared up again in the past week.

Read more: Pieter Huistra: Adopting a continental football model will lay a strong foundation for Rangers to build on

Rangers were ordered to pay legal costs incurred by Mike Ashley, the billionaire businessman who founded Sports Direct, in the Court of Session in Edinburgh last week.

A judge ruled that a hearing into the deal, which handed Sports Direct the naming rights to Ibrox stadium back in 2012, had been unnecessary.

Then at the weekend it was claimed that Ashley, whose associates Derek Llambias and Barry Leach were ousted from the Rangers board two years ago, was preparing a fresh £30 million takeover bid.

The report failed to take into account that the SFA have previously prohibited the Newcastle United owner from owning more than 10 per cent of Rangers.

But there is no love lost between the two factions and it was the latest story to unsettle a club which is trying to rebuild after years of corporate vandalism.

Former chief executive Llambias gave an interview to Sky Sports last month in which he questioned where the £30 million investment from chairman and major shareholder Dave King was.

He said: “When we were voted off I asked: ‘Where is the money? Where is the cash?’

Read more: Pieter Huistra: Adopting a continental football model will lay a strong foundation for Rangers to build on

“There was no money, there was no nomad, there’s no listing and we’re two years on and it’s exactly the same. Where is the money?

“To be honest with you, the club has got great history, wonderful traditions and they just need somebody with a lot of money behind them who is going to produce the goods.”

Supporters of the Ladbrokes Championship winners are refusing to buy replica strips and official club merchandise in protest at the punitive terms of the deal with Sports Direct.

The Glasgow club announced in May last year that it was ripping up a deal which is estimated to earn them just 4p in every pound that is spent in its official stores or online.

Rangers are still operating at a significant annual loss - which is being offset by wealthy benefactors including King, directors Douglas Park and George Taylor and supporter George Letham – as a result of the impasse.

Right, I have a question for the Rangers fans. I know fans of every other team will jump in with their sarcastic answers but I would really, really love if I could get one decent answer from a Rangers fan. 

What are these fantastic "traditions" of yours? For the life of me I can't think of one. Not signing catholics, rampant sectarianism and bigotry... am I missing something here? I can almost understand the Celtic "traditions". They are bullshit, yes, but I can kinda get what they mean. Nothing for Rangers though. 

I will be delighted if proved ignorant here, but it just reeks of pandering and "you sook my ring, I'll sook yours" by people seeking a connection.