Big Rangers Administration/Liquidation Thread - All chat here!

No it isn't. It's the state that is being denied the money. Something I don't actually mind at all.

And we as part of the collective state are x million down which is therefore not available to be distributed.

No, they fucked it by allowing anyone to get away without paying so much tax for so long in the first place.

This is what I'll never understand - and it applies equally to the unpaid rent Livingston owed West Lothian Council. It's been known for a long time that football clubs can be 'dodgy' when it comes to paying debts, and they play fast and loose with the administration game - using it as an escape route to start afresh 'going forward' so to speak. So, knowing that - when, for example, Livingston FCs unpaid rent is £1000....then it goes to £5000....then £10000....then £50000 - at what fcuking point in an office in West Lothian Council somewhere did someone suddenly think 'Fcuk sake - that unpaid rent keeps rising! Better keep an eye on that....

Same with HMRC. At what point do the daft cnuts realise anyone, not specifically Rangers, have run up a tax bill of zillions and they might get hee-haw if, like so many other football clubs, they whip out the administration joker card and attempt to pass GO without paying their two hundred?

What checks and procedeures do these dozy basturts have in place to stop these massive debts being racked up in the first place?

I used to work in a business centre unit owned by South Lanarkshire Council - if we were behind on our unit rent by as much as a week - they'd be knocking the door down!

Life is seriously fcuked - that can be the only explanation.

HMRC went to court to do Rangers over VAT and NI / PAYE from this year. No idea about NI/PAYE but the VAT boys tend not to f**k around too long and it all seems to be within normal timescales especially where VAT is concerned.

HMRC will not cave in. HMRC will account for enough of the debt (after Rangers are found guilty) that they can veto any CVA.

Rangers will get liquidated and HMRC won't get much of their money, but that's not the point. The point is HMRC will have taught football clubs a serious lesson and given them a major warning, and if it takes flushing the name Rangers Football Club down the drain to scare the shit out of some of the big fish in the EPL and EFL then I'm sure HMRC won't bat an eyelid.

Rangers are being used as an example by HMRC essentially.

And we as part of the collective state are x million down which is therefore not available to be distributed.

Again, I dont have any problem with that.

I do have a massive problem with the state racking up 1 trillion pounds worth of debt and the fact that the tax they DO lift from peoples pockets doesn't come anywhere close to the amount of money they need to "distribute" to keep the state going.

The state can get to f**k as far as I'm concerned.

I do have a massive problem with the state racking up 1 trillion pounds worth of debt and the fact that the tax they DO lift from peoples pockets doesn't come anywhere close to the amount of money they need to "distribute" to keep the state going.

Aye, great then, lets just write it off cos you dont have a problem with that.

rolleyes.gif

Why do you continue to live somewhere you so obviously dont like?

Edited by Zeus

HMRC will not cave in. HMRC will account for enough of the debt (after Rangers are found guilty) that they can veto any CVA.

Rangers will get liquidated and HMRC won't get much of their money, but that's not the point. The point is HMRC will have taught football clubs a serious lesson and given them a major warning, and if it takes flushing the name Rangers Football Club down the drain to scare the shit out of some of the big fish in the EPL and EFL then I'm sure HMRC won't bat an eyelid.

Really? What lesson have Rangers been taught here?

Aye, great then, lets just write it off cos you dont have a problem with that.

rolleyes.gif

Why do you continue to live somewhere you so obviously dont like?

I like where I live. That6 doesn't mean I have to find the actions of the government "pleasing".

Twat

1329341365[/url]' post='5973169']

Contradicting yourself, so you want the state to have more money to support us but you don't want them to have money frm Rangers? blink.gif

Really? What lesson have Rangers been taught here?

If they lose the tax case and HMRC then block any CVA then a pretty harsh one, they'll die. Being put out of business is a good lesson to be taught I'd say. Not withstanding the SPL bending over backwards to readmit RFC 2012 or whatever waltzing straight into the league but that's an argument for another day and one that probably wouldn't apply to the English clubs as the loss of one big club wouldn't harm them in the same way.

Being put out of business is a good lesson to be taught I'd say. Not withstanding the SPL bending over backwards to readmit RFC 2012 or whatever waltzing straight into the league but that's an argument for another day

Err, no. It's exactly the point of the matter.

A phoenix company, with none of the debt and almost all of the privileges of the previous entity is no lesson at all.

Raners will come out of this stronger. Much stronger. The downside is that Whyte will profit from the whole deal, and you and I (via HMRC) will be utterly screwed over.

The power to sanction lies with the other member clubs. Only they can punish the rogue entity.

Edited by H_B

Pish.

Whytes' plan has been to liquidate this debt mired grog-box from the start. He is more than half way along his path as it is.

Good to see the other side of the poisonous divide (John Frances McFall) is spouting off about the FSA conducting an investigation. Another frickin useless political grunt who feels he needs to have his say whilst at the same time adding fcuk all to the evidence other than speculative reasoning.

Trust me John Bhoy, if the FSA had something concrete to go on they would already be involved. Away back to the house of Lords and go back to sleep ya spud.

Politicians..... eeewwww...

Reading that, does that mean one of Rangers or Celtic can never finish outside the top 6, never mind relegated?

I think there may be a degree of simplification from media outlets... We, and the broadcasters, have always known at the start of each season that OF are strong enough to both be in the top half come MD33. I highly doubt their TV deal actually requires both play in the Top 6. It wouldn't need to.

It clearly does require both actually be in the league, however, or they've the right to ditch the deal or renegotiate the deal.

A phoenix company, with none of the debt and almost all of the privileges of the previous entity is no lesson at all.

Raners will come out of this stronger. Much stronger. The downside is that Whyte will profit from the whole deal, and you and I (via HMRC) will be utterly screwed over.

The power to sanction lies with the other member clubs. Only they can punish the rogue entity.

But if the plan of HMRC is to make an example of Rangers for the bigger fish down south, the spineless SPL doesn't apply in their equation. If Arsenal or Chelsea went bust (as an example), the EPL wouldn't let AFC2012 or CFC2012 in right away. If the object of their game is to kill RFC to make some rogue English teams wet their pants then it'll work.

At the end of the day, HMRC can't tell the SPL what to do, and frankly they probably won't care what happens to RFC 2012 as long as it gets the point across.

Yep. Hopefully they will, as Rangers need to be punished.

As you say, they will be back as large as life in due course anyway, Whyte is doing what he does, which is how he made his money by the look of things. He will set up a new Rangers business, flog it and move on. Probably hoping for a return on his one pound investment. HMRC wont punish them. The law won't punish them and it remains to be seen if the other member clubs do anything about it. I suspect not.